1959 Dyatlov Pass mystery has plausible explanation - a Slabalanche

A

Area201

"While Gaume and Puzrin’s research offers strong evidence to back the slab avalanche theory, Gaume himself goes on record to say they “do not believe that the mystery can ever be solved, because no one survived to tell the story. But what we did in our paper is to show the plausibility of the avalanche hypothesis based on solid physical and experimental evidence.”

Still does not explain why they would all leave the safety of their tent half naked, or the radiation.
Still questions. I am with Leta, not buying it.

Not buying it either.....I think a yeti caused the small avalanche then mauled the people as they ran outside the tent in a state of confusion.

:wink:

• Haha
Reactions: LETA and Area201
Show me a Yeti or an Alien. We can show slabs of ice forming and collapsing on a tent.

They are sleeping at night, the "slabalanche" occurred by sunrise. Some crushed and dead.

The bodies were only found some 24 days later or nearly a month, by then the ice and snow would have melted or changed completely.

The ones that didn't get crushed were found dead some distance away, from cold. Some had eye balls or tongues ripped out - 3 weeks dead some animals could have come by as scavengers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show me a Yeti or an Alien. We can show slabs of ice forming and collapsing on a tent.

They are sleeping at night, the "slabalanche" occurred by sunrise. Some crushed and dead.

The bodies were only found some 24 days later or nearly a month, by then the ice and snow would have melted or changed completely.

The ones that didn't get crushed were found dead some distance away, from cold. Some had eye balls or tongues ripped out - 3 weeks dead some animals could have come by as scavengers.
Why did they leave the tent and scatter and what was the casue of the radiation?

I think leaving the tent is explained by them wanting to get out to save themselves from whatever was happening....snow fall or whatever....,the injuries are another matter ,and I don't recall the radiation aspect. It's not covered in the videos and only mentioned in passing in the short article. No mention of how much, what type ,or how it was measured....? Can we trust the original rescue group on that?

I've watched an extended documentary on it some time ago where they talked a lot about the radiation. Also they were scattered about a bit and a couple were not that far from the tent. Why would you choose hypothermia over returning to your tent. If they were being persued by something it's odd to just set up camp a second time without warmth then freeze to death.

Also they found the bodies in 3 separate locations. One location they had lit a fire. If you were being persued by someone or something and you try to run away. It makes no sense to risk a fire that can be seen for miles. Why not just go back.

Also others in the group were found wearing other members clothing.
Did they pull them off the dead bodies or did they go back to camp.

Why scatter in 3 directions. Safety in numbers. I I had to flee a camp I would stay as a group. Wouldn't you?

Reactions: 2X109
Yes..I would stay in the larger group...for warmth and safety. It is speculated that there might have been some disagreement among them and they split into more than one group. It doesn't seem based on those facts that anything was after them...so perhaps they argued and all eventually succumbed to the cold and then scavengers took some soft body parts..who knows?

Yes..I would stay in the larger group...for warmth and safety. It is speculated that there might have been some disagreement among them and they split into more than one group. It doesn't seem based on those facts that anything was after them...so perhaps they argued and all eventually succumbed to the cold and then scavengers took some soft body parts..who knows?
Yeah the argument idea works to a point. Imagine a group of AB members in the same situation.
Would you or I choose death by hypothermia over a bit of humble pie and return to safety. Unless one of them went crazy and got violent. But no one person was found alone I think so it would have had to be more than one. Then why would a group of aggressors also choose hypothermia over returning to the camp.
Nothing adds up

I've watched an extended documentary on it some time ago where they talked a lot about the radiation. Also they were scattered about a bit and a couple were not that far from the tent. Why would you choose hypothermia over returning to your tent. If they were being persued by something it's odd to just set up camp a second time without warmth then freeze to death.
"Then why would a group of aggressors also choose hypothermia over returning to the camp."
The slab of ice and snow crushed some of them in the tent and covered it up! So now those who got out alive can't get to any of it and forced to start fires to warm up elsewhere, but fail and freeze to death. The radiation idk

The slab of ice and snow crushed some of them in the tent and covered it up! So now those who got out alive can't get to any of it and forced to start fires to warm up elsewhere, but fail and freeze to death. The radiation idk
OK fair call, but why not then all gather up and return to the original campsite with all the survival gear?
It makes no sense.
Imagine you were there.
Your freezing your arse off, you know your gonna die if you stay. you have no warm clothes, your in your underwear in the snow. What could be so imposing that 9 people minus the crush victims choose hypothermia and death over a walk back to camp one to your survival gear, warmth and food?

OK fair call, but why not then all gather up and return to the original campsite with all the survival gear?
It makes no sense.
Imagine you were there.
Your freezing your arse off, you know your gonna die if you stay. you have no warm clothes, your in your underwear in the snow. What could be so imposing that 9 people minus the crush victims choose hypothermia and death over a walk back to camp one to your survival gear, warmth and food?
There was a second original camp with survival gear walking distance?

There was a second original camp with survival gear walking distance?
If I remember correctly, there was the original camp they all started out at, something happened and they all took off. And were found in 3 seperat locations. No one returned to the original camp for gear. They all died at the places they each fled to. I think

Hi, new to the forum, so glad I found this place though!

Just my thoughts on the Dyatlov pass incident.

I honestly believe that the Russian military we're using a new kind of weapon/bomb and we're testing it in what they believed at the time to be an uninhabited area.

Their are "air bombs" that explode above the ground that can cause concussion effects. The hikers also cut holes in their tent in which too look out of, so they we're obviously concerned about something or someone?

According to witnesses at the funerals the family and friends we're told to not get to close due to radiation exposure of the bodies. This again goes back to the theory that military weapons we're being tested.

I believe that the Russians found the camp site after the hikers had perished and made it look like the tent had been crushed by snow too cover it up. This would also explain why the Russian government have only just re-opened this case.

Reactions: 2X109
Hey Andy,
Welcome to AB. Glad to have you aboard.
Interesting idea. Certainly would explain the radiation. Didn't know the tent holes were viewing spots. I always assumed they were bigger and escape holes.
Oh...
I gotta ask.
Tell me your related to the legend Jonny Knoxville. 🤣😎

Reactions: Andy Knoxville
..Headed down to Knoxville with the weekly load...

Come on, you all know the song.

Anyway, Hi Andy.

• Haha
Reactions: Dundee