A dangerous virtual cult is going global. QAnon

A

August

QAnon conspiracy theorists think UFO believers are easy marks, and, in the absence of new Q posts, some of its followers have turned to UFOs.. One of the most harmful conspiracy theory communities is grafting onto one of the oldest conspiracy theory communities, and disinformation experts are starting to get worried.
QAnon, the often unintelligible conspiracy theory that our government is being run by the "Deep State"—and that there is a whistleblower within the government pseudonymously known as ‘Q’ who is trying to protect us from it—is beginning to find an audience among UFO hunters and people who believe the government is hiding aliens.
1572297481844-shutterstock_563893750-copy.jpeg

The QAnon conspiracy is now considered a national security threat by the FBI due to its ability stir the public's political sentiments. It brought down 4Chan or whatever Chan it was propagated on, and both FB and twitta are cracking down on it. Hopefully, they will all find a home in the Above Top Secret forums. :stickouttongue:

Reactions: August
I have not been following this, are they truly nutters or are they onto something.
Usually the government does not go after you unless your hitting some truths.
What have they done that is so bad?

I have not been following this, are they truly nutters or are they onto something.
Usually the government does not go after you unless your hitting some truths.
What have they done that is so bad?
Well, QAnon followers are mostly "trumpers" who believe Q is either the President himself or a close aide that is leaking info on Trump's secret war against the global cabal. Because of Q's posts on 4Chan, one armed individual stormed a pizza joint thinking they had captive children in the basement. It turned out the pizza place didn't have a basement to begin with lol.

• Haha
Well, QAnon followers are mostly "trumpers" who believe Q is either the President himself or a close aide that is leaking info on Trump's secret war against the global cabal. Because of Q's posts on 4Chan, one armed individual stormed a pizza joint thinking they had captive children in the basement. It turned out the pizza place didn't have a basement to begin with lol.
Oh OK lol
So right on my first guess. Nutters. 😁
Thanks for the clarification.

My God that bloke is crazy. The only thing of any worth he has done is to provide study material for future students to write essays about his insane time in office. People will be laughing at him for the next 300 years.

My God that bloke is crazy. The only thing of any worth he has done is to provide study material for future students to write essays about his insane time in office. People will be laughing at him for the next 300 years.
I'm hearing disturbing reports from your land. They say the police is acting like the gestapo. A pregnant woman was arrested for not adhering to the COVID quarantine. And the gov is proposing that citizens report their neighbors if they see them violating the restrictions. Say it ain't so, Dundee!

I'm hearing disturbing reports from your land. They say the police is acting like the gestapo. A pregnant woman was arrested for not adhering to the COVID quarantine. And the gov is proposing that citizens report their neighbors if they see them violating the restrictions. Say it ain't so, Dundee!
I wish I could but sadly it's true. And most of it in Victoria. The woman was a key organizer of an anti lockdown/mask/covid rules march. The arrested her on some charge of organ an illegal March because it breeched lochdow lows. The cops on our premieres orders will arrest you if you break curfew or any of the covid laws. And he has just signed some agreement that gives international cops jurisdiction in our state.
It's getting pretty awful here. I have all my life voted labor but next election I will not. I want him gone. He is behavior is like a dictator.

Let me appeal to some of them. Just yesterday a group of 14 eminent legal experts – lawyers, QCs, former judges – called out the new Andrews’ police state bill in no uncertain terms. Here is their public letter in full:

We are deeply concerned by the passage of the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) and Other Acts Amendment Bill 2020 (Bill) through the Legislative Assembly. Emergency powers already allow authorised officers under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) to detain people and to restrict movement. The Bill would expand the emergency powers to allow an authorised officer to detain:
  • any person that the authorised officer reasonably believes is likely to fail to comply with an emergency direction and is a close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19 (or a person diagnosed with COVID-19) not given clearance from self-isolation;
  • for so long as the authorised officer reasonably believes the person in detention is likely to fail to comply with an emergency direction.
The Bill would also allow any person the Secretary considered appropriate to be authorised to exercise emergency powers. There would be no requirement that persons authorised be police officers, or even public servants. Authorising citizens to detain their fellow citizens on the basis of a belief that the detained person is unlikely to comply with emergency directions by the “authorised” citizens is unprecedented, excessive and open to abuse. We call on the Legislative Council to amend the Bill, or to vote against it.
MICHAEL MCHUGH AC QC
PETER HEEREY AM QC
NEIL YOUNG QC
JAMES PETERS AM QC
PETER COLLINSON QC
MARYANNE LOUGHNAN QC
MARY ANNE HARTLEY QC
PHILIP CRUTCHFIELD QC
GEORGINA SCHOFF QC
PHILIP SOLOMON QC
DAVID BATT QC
STUART WOOD AM QC
FELICITY GERRY QC
MICHAEL BORSKY QC

Wow, indefinite detention for anyone suspected of not following orders – even if no crime has been committed. And arrested by fake police with no training and no qualifications. This is Orwellian to the max. Big Brother statism is here big time, and it is clear that Andrews is completely drunk on power and control, and he wants to be made dictator for life.

This should shock every single one of us. Others have also warned about just how bad this is. In my previous piece I quoted from Ian Hanke. He has written another important article which is also worth alerting you to. In it he says this in part:

Put simply, this means you can be locked up and detained indefinitely at the whim of a designated officer. There is no provision whatsoever for a review of the detention. Ultimately a person may have to apply to the Supreme Court to grant an order of Habeas Corpus for release. These extraordinary powers are arbitrary and extreme.
They are a draconian attack on civil liberties the like of which Australia has never seen before. Further because all laws are overridden there would appear to be little recourse to any excesses by an authorised officer or their civilians co–opted by them. These laws are so broad and ill-defined that you could be detained for almost anything.
Remember the emergency powers give “authorised officers” power to “detain any person or group” or “restrict the movement of people” or “prevent a person or group from entering an emergency area” or “give any other direction”. Nowhere in the Bill or its Explanatory Memorandum is a reason or justification given for the introduction of these extraordinary sweeping and ill-defined laws.
These laws will operate side by side with the powers that already have Melburnians locked in their own homes for 22 hours a day; where the first-ever curfew in Australia’s history is in place; where freedom of movement is banned; where police and ADF personnel patrol the streets to enforce mask-wearing; where $5000 fines are handed out if you attempt to breach internal state borders and so on.

ADF = Soldiers,, Australian Defence Force.

Come Visit Australia, see a Kangaroo, have a Beer, Get put in jail by Dictator Dan,

@August is much more switched on about politics than I am. I am betting she can explain the international police thing better than me. I am not good at politics really.

LOL the rest of the world must be looking at the USA and Australia and be thinking we have gone mad.
What a year we are having I mean what's next ?? They also said on the news tonight we now have to sanitize our phones, handbags and wallets and also disinfect all our plastic money as the CSIRO has proof Covid 19 can live on surfaces for up to 28 days (?).

If this scare mongering is really the truth, we are going to be living with covid for a long time yet. As much as I hate the draconian laws dictator Dan has been putting in, if it really is that contagious I don't know how were ever going to get rid of it.

If this scare mongering is really the truth, we are going to be living with covid for a long time yet. As much as I hate the draconian laws dictator Dan has been putting in, if it really is that contagious I don't know how were ever going to get rid of it.
Might be years , might be forever , they haven't got a vaccine and until we do we are all at risk. Then people may not want to have the vaccine as its going to be made from chimpanzee blood and dead aborted human baby fetuses. If that's true there is no way I am having it. Yuk. That's like Frankenstein stuff.