AB can lift you to a higher place
AB can help you find a new awareness
Discover your own inner truth
AB can lead you to eternal youth

Why am I writing such an AB om?
And incidentally I'm not a Buddhist monk
If you believe an alien site can help you see the light
It is time for you to get a life :LOL:

Which Buddhist are you? Buddhist don't use Om, only Tibetan buddhist use it in their mantra and that is "Om Mani Padme Hum" which translates to "Hail to the jewel in the lotus." I don't know about other mantra.

Only the one who use Om are the Hindus. Other than that is the Tibetan Buddhist only, as far as i know.

Reactions: Aurora
There got Zen Buddhism, Mahayana Buddhism, Theravada Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism and Chinese Buddhism.

They all are not the same, their ways, teachings and mantras are different. Zen are in Japan, Theravada are like in Thailand, Chinese Buddhism are like in Malaysia.

Just thought u should know, and in Chinese Buddhism they dont eat beef, Buddhist like Zen Buddhism eat beef, their believes are different..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LETA and Aurora
Which Buddhist are you? Buddhist don't use Om, only Tibetan buddhist use it in their mantra and that is "Om Mani Padme Hum" which translates to "Hail to the jewel in the lotus." I don't know about other mantra.

Only the one who use Om are the Hindus. Other than that is the Tibetan Buddhist only, as far as i know.
I'm not a buddhist, but that could change in a hurry if 3fel9 wanted me to become one :p

I'm not a buddhist, but that could change in a hurry if 3fel9 wanted me to become one :p
Ah 3fel9 long time no see, what about him?

I don't know about u but i won't change my religion and culture for anyone, even if i am a atheist, religion and culture is like a identity of your roots, i may not like the religion but i will not claim to be someone else that i am not.

Ah 3fel9 long time no see, what about him?
He's lurking about. Lurks on AH and on here :a230:

I don't know about u but i won't change my religion and culture for anyone, even if i am a atheist, religion and culture is like a identity of your roots, i may not like the religion but i will not claim to be someone else that i am not.
I think you can be a buddhist :a149: and maintain your religion, too. No? :a157:

He's lurking about. Lurks on AH and on here :a230:

I think you can be a buddhist :a149: and maintain your religion, too. No? :a157:
Those who r interested practice buddhism not become a buddhist, being a Buddhist means that u r converting to a Buddhist. Buddhism is like Islam, u must convert and forget your other religion, Hinduism is different, they allow u to practice other religions and pray to other gods also, no need to convert.

Those who r interested practice buddhism not become a buddhist, being a Buddhist means that u r converting to a Buddhist. Buddhism is like Islam, u must convert and forget your other religion, Hinduism is different, they allow u to practice other religions and pray to other gods also, no need to convert.
Interesting. Wut are your religious roots?

From what I have read there are varying levels of commitment to being a Buddhist.
If you want to commit 100% then you have to take refuge I think. You need to perhaps join a monastery, and be guided.
But like anything there is nothing to stop you from studying Dharma and putting into practice many of the core Buddhist beliefs.
It is like you can be a christian without committing to being a priest.

I guess it is a matter of terminology.
You can say you are study christianity and not be a priest.
So can you say you study Buddhism without being a Buddhist monk?

From what I have read there are varying levels of commitment to being a Buddhist.
If you want to commit 100% then you have to take refuge I think. You need to perhaps join a monastery, and be guided.
But like anything there is nothing to stop you from studying Dharma and putting into practice many of the core Buddhist beliefs.
It is like you can be a christian without committing to being a priest.

I guess it is a matter of terminology.
You can say you are study christianity and not be a priest.
So can you say you study Buddhism without being a Buddhist monk?
Wut a bore lol. Watching Steveo's flying channel. He's awesome!

I'm just setting up the programming software, I've just installed docker and upgraded my OS to window 10 pro, I don't need to install virtualbox for window 10 pro.