Anyone into restoration of old cars.

D

Dundee

I am slowly restoring an old Chrysler. (Valliant).
I am learning slowly ways of bringing trim back to near new. The rust bugs are so loud at night I can't sleep but they are getting less. Mine is a rusty old 1980/81 CM Valliant sedan. It's a bit of fun. I am painting it flat black. I like the old school look. Anyone doind any restorations.

One thing a local upholsterer told me that worked was to use paint thinners to clean up the door trims. I had tried a couple of cleaners with average success. But the thinners worked a treat. You have to use a ton of clean rags but it really worked well on the vinyl trim.

Kewl. My bus was in fairly good condition for a '79 after a sandblast, so all it needed was a body touch-up here and there and a fresh coat of paint. Didn't do it myself, tho.

What sort of bus is it. I have always wanted to do up a bus into a camper.
One of those ones you see on all the American horror movies would be Awsome

Wow they are worth a fortune here in OZ, They used to be a dime a dozen, now they are very rare and very sought after.
I can't resist...
The temptation is more than I can bare :)

I got it for $500 bucks, if you can believe that. I've seen rust buckets go for 15K!
What a ripper price, it would be a shame to sell it ever, OK you might make a huge profit but...then you wouldn't have it.
Very cool.

What a ripper price, it would be a shame to sell it ever, OK you might make a huge profit but...then you wouldn't have it.
Very cool.
I'm planning to ride my future babies to the beach in it and also teach them how to drive a manual transmission if it lasts that long.

I'm planning to ride my future babies to the beach in it and also teach them how to drive a manual transmission if it lasts that long.
Do you surf? You'd really look the part with a couple of boards on the roof. Real surfie chick :)

Heck yeah! Skateboard, too.
Haha Nice, I havn't skated in a long time. wish I was fit enough to do some of my old stuff. I hurt myself bad enough on the bloody dirt bikes as it is. Not sure i would be game to get back on a skateboard. More broken bones I think :)
I sold my surfboard years ago. It wasn't quite a plank, but it was 8 foot. Used to get some looks haha

Hey nice, some of those close in waves are breaking for a goofy foot.
I'm a goofy and always seemed to get beaches breaking the other way.
I'm a goofy on a skateboard too and southpaw in a blue. Lol I do everything backwards. Haha.
Nice beach. Is that where you go?

Dundee,

I'm part way through recovering my 1980 BMW 518 i. I have all the bits, just waiting for some better weather.

I'd add a pic but don't know how you do it here. Doesn't appear to be a 'browse' function.

HAL
in the reply box just above it there is an image link ,looks like a pictiure or painting, to post a pic.....click on it and load your image
or you can try just copy and paste.