Are Gravitational Waves Spurious Events?

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Brilliant physicist, Sabine Hossenfelder, is casting doubts on the discovery of gravitational waves. On this video, she makes a compelling argument against the handling of the detector's data. It seems an extreme form of cherry-picking is going on at the LIGO collaboration that favours signals that confirm the model of gravitational waves while tossing out the inconvenient ones. Have we actually detected GWs, or something more mundane? :(

Reactions: Aurora
@LETA she is Russian and is a scientist, is she your mother? For the time that Gravity Probe B was in outer space, right, then how come the geodetic effect was nearly exactly according to Einstein's predictions. Einstein did not include gravity wave distortions, hence nothing happened to the Probe-B, no gravitational wave to hinder the calculations to an awesome degree. You know wat im sain?

@LETA she is Russian and is a scientist, is she your mother? For the time that Gravity Probe B was in outer space, right, then how come the geodetic effect was nearly exactly according to Einstein's predictions. Einstein did not include gravity wave distortions, hence nothing happened to the Probe-B, no gravitational wave to hinder the calculations to an awesome degree. You know wat im sain?
LOL! Sabine is German. BTW, the probe was defective. It had a magnetic anomaly that made the results inconclusive at best. Not questioning Einstein, tho. He was brilliant.

Reactions: The humanitarian
LOL! Sabine is German. BTW, the probe was defective. It had a magnetic anomaly that made the results inconclusive at best. Not questioning Einstein, tho. He was brilliant.
But, why where the resluts so close to Einsteins predictions? I do not think that was a coincidence, foul play is involved I think by some wanting gratification for themselves and there own 'new' technologies, if you get what I am saying.

But, why where the resluts so close to Einsteins predictions? I do not think that was a coincidence, foul play is involved I think by some wanting gratification for themselves and there own 'new' technologies, if you get what I am saying.
One of the results matched the predictions of general relativity fairly well. That's reason enough to declare the experiment a success, I guess.

Reactions: The humanitarian
Love em' (still)~ The instrumentals at the beginning of 'Enter the Sandman'....man that would make such a great movie theme song...

'Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of snow white
Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragons fire
And of things that will bite '

The lyrics ain't bad neither'.

I'll post an intro soon ~
Yeah, me and one of my boys were going to see them in OZ until Jam,es Hadfield went into rehab again. Pissed off.
Also had tickets for Kiss, till Paul Stanley got i think a throat infection.
Pussies Lemmy would have played with Typhoid

Indeed, I don't understand how the older rockers get the energy to perform, especially when on extended tour.

Indeed, I don't understand how the older rockers get the energy to perform, especially when on extended tour.
If you watch any interview with Lemmy you will know. He lived RocknRoll. Most artists go home to their big house between gigs and prunes roses until they put on leather jackets for a gig. Lemmy lived the life 24x7, no pretense.
You only have to see the respect he commands among other bands.
Lemmy in my opinion is one of the greatest rockers ho has ever lived.

I am not enough of a music fan to share your admiration with Lemmy, I do admire his style. Art, mostly of the graphic kind is my weakness. But getting back to the longevity of some stars, its easy to see who loves their work. If you love your work it will keep you young, barring serious illness. Even then some fight through the pain of major illness. Also some of the stars and mega rockers have the dough to have the best medical and fitness care if they use it. Wasn't it Mick who said I would rather be dead than on stage performing satisfaction in his 40s? The man is 75 and dont look it, well he looks maybe 50's ish' on the tube. Maybe they are getting something other than HGH?

I am not enough of a music fan to share your admiration with Lemmy, I do admire his style. Art, mostly of the graphic kind is my weakness. But getting back to the longevity of some stars, its easy to see who loves their work. If you love your work it will keep you young, barring serious illness. Even then some fight through the pain of major illness. Also some of the stars and mega rockers have the dough to have the best medical and fitness care if they use it. Wasn't it Mick who said I would rather be dead than on stage performing satisfaction in his 40s? The man is 75 and dont look it, well he looks maybe 50's ish' on the tube. Maybe they are getting something other than HGH?
Haha, what about Charlie Watts from the Stones, it is his 80th birthday in a month or two.

Reactions: Aurora