Arty Stuff

How long have you been doing this again?
Ummm, 4 terms a year, about 7 lessons a term (night classes), missed one term and a few classes, and this is mid 3rd year
SO 2.4 years about.
You start of just doing lines and dots, and learning the brush skills. Then you do basic shapes and shadows etc,
then work up to faces, I have others but there only average. Then on to Clint at the end of the first full course.
Pretty spooked for what is next though. We move on to color, and I am genuinely Red Green Color blind. So I have no idea what will happen. Long term it wont matter, I really am mostly interested in Dark Gothic stuff. They are not photo realistic really, at least not with color, mostly Black and White or Bold colors, bright red vampire lips (I love female vampires :)) exaggerated colors.
If I get good enough I want to try and sell a few by takeing a photo of someone and turn them into a vampire in a Gothic scene. My Teacher is amazing. His work is beyond any mortals talents :) He has a A1 sized tiger he brushed that is to anyone other than another painters eye photo realistic.

Reactions: Aurora
Just a thought. Have you considered using a sublimation heatpress to get your art on to t-shirts?

Very nice Dundee, you have good art skills, i like how you did the details.

You could try selling it with the art auctioneers, just email them the size of artwork, medium used, the story of the art and some pictures of it. If lucky they'll take it and when they take it there is a higher chances of it getting sold at a good price. Other way artists does is to open a gallery and sell their artwork, but marketing it that way imo is a little hard.

Very nice Dundee, you have good art skills, i like how you did the details.

You could try selling it with the art auctioneers, just email them the size of artwork, medium used, the story of the art and some pictures of it. If lucky they'll take it and when they take it there is a higher chances of it getting sold at a good price. Other way artists does is to open a gallery and sell their artwork, but marketing it that way imo is a little hard.
Yeah that might work, thanks fish, at the moment I am pretty much just copying photoes but that might be a good way to go about it once I do more original work

Reactions: Fish
I could never let go of an original. Not with today's technology. There is so much that can be done with this cake as well as eat it.

I could never let go of an original. Not with today's technology. There is so much that can be done with this cake as well as eat it.
Yeah I am the same a bit, the problem is, if I painted a picture of you om consignment, but then sold you the photocopy of it lol Well you wouldn't buy it would you. So for it to have value to someone they will want to have the original. I will settle for the photo I guess

Here is another one.
I wish I had someone I cared for to paint, it would be so much better than this.

aesrfg.jpg