Bought a telescope today.

D

Dundee

I saw two telescopes on Facebook.
One was a 6" dobson with no eyepices and a broken view finder. They wanted $350. The second was a cheap little national geographic thing about 2 inches long lol for $40. But it had a 2pmm a 9mm and a Barlow with it. So I bought it for $40 in the hope that I would win the 6" dobson. Haggled hard on the 6" talked them down from $350 to $260 and made a working scope out of the two.
Funny... I forgot what a pain in the ass a dobson is to line up on anything duller than the moon. Anyway.. I am back into astronomy for $300 au. I am not exactly Mt Palomar but I'm seeing stuff. Once I upgrade IL. Post some pics of what I can.

Wish list is a 12" with a computer drive.
But I'm having fun in the meantime.

Haven't used my 8" for years. In fact not sure it is an 8". Better get a tape measure and check.

Gave it a run last night. Lesser magnification was bright with the single lenze. Higher magnification lense was very dull and blurry. Same with Barlow. So was good for moon views and low mag in general. But needs a couple of better lenses. Better Barlow and Colimating but for a first night out pretty happy with it.

We hardly ever get to see the sky due to cloud.
There is a terrific astronomer based in London that does some fantastic ASTRO photography. He has a small patch of roof only. Surrounded in light pollution. Yet his photos are spectacular. I forget his name. He has a ton of stuff on YouTube. Will post a link when I remember.

Light pollution isn't too bad here. It's just the cloud cover.

Tonight I could just make out the Moon, See the odd star through the occasional gap in the cloud.