Can You Spare a Pound for the Spirits?

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
0_poundland1jpeg.jpg

Image: Poundland

A Halloween bargain is causing concerns in the U.K. after Poundland, a popular discount store chain in the country decided to sell their stock of Ouija boards for a buck each. The divination game, used to contact spirits and other entities, has been the subject of many controversies since it began to be commercially available back in the late eighteen hundreds. According to esoteric experts, the spirit board is a powerful tool used to allegedly open up a two-way communication with the spirit world and should be handled with the utmost care and reverence.

After learning of the macabre offering, many Poundland customers went on social media to express their disdain for the store's wanton disregard, citing that the readily available Ouija boards at such a reduced price could endanger the well-being of children and naive customers who don't understand the true power of the oracle:

The last thing we needed in 2020 was Poundland to start selling ouija boards.
Pound shop are selling Ouija boards for kids ... that should finish up 2020 nicely.
They need to be taken off sale.
Most adults don’t even know how to use them correctly never mind kids ffs.
Mess around with this and 2020 going to get a whole lot worse.

Gee that's cheap !! I saw an Ouija for sale in a gift shop here for $70 a few months back and it was their last one. I have 4 myself all locked away and not together and planchettes not touching the board in the box , certain protocols to attend to with these things . Mine are never for sale. I keep them for sentimental reasons only.

41Rol2GsHpL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a brave little Vegimite August.
Iwould be scared to walkpast the drawer it was kept in for fear it jump out and possess me. :)

Reactions: August
You are a brave little Vegimite August.
Iwould be scared to walkpast the drawer it was kept in for fear it jump out and possess me. :)

Ha ha , maybe your right. This place is haunted anyways so if any new spirits turned up thru the boards I probably wouldn't notice them anyways.

Ha ha , maybe your right. This place is haunted anyways so if any new spirits turned up thru the boards I probably wouldn't notice them anyways.
OOOOhhhhh no thank you. I can watch scary videos all day, Chills is one of my favourite youtubers. Hand me a weapon and I will take on the Slender man or any bush bound creatures with teeth and claws.
But you stick a ghost or Demon in a room with me and I will be under a blanket hiding like a little schoolgirl.
You can keep your ghosts at your house thank you. :eek:

OOOOhhhhh no thank you. I can watch scary videos all day, Chills is one of my favourite youtubers. Hand me a weapon and I will take on the Slender man or any bush bound creatures with teeth and claws.
But you stick a ghost or Demon in a room with me and I will be under a blanket hiding like a little schoolgirl.
You can keep your ghosts at your house thank you. :eek:
Well the thing is we are pretty much defenceless with these entities / ghosts. I remember seeing a You Tube video on Waverly Hills, a hospital in Kentucky USA where 80,000 people died from TB and other things and the woman who now owns it said "you can bring your guns and knives with you in here but they will do you little good against the ghosts who haunt this place". Some people have had bricks thrown at them while staying the night in there.

Yep your right on that, how do you fight something that is invisible, passes through walls and has the ability to scare you to death.
And the Ouija board. Heres a good idea, lets openely invite an unknown spirit into our bodies and let them control you involintarily so they can move the glass...What could go wrong? :oops:

No give me a monster I can fight that has physical form and I am up for the challenge. But this is definitly a "NO GHOSTS ZONE" here :)

Reactions: August
Its annoying really when they are in your house , in the walls of your home and you can't do anything about it at all really. I just try and ignore the noises as you know , which are mainly at night time and usually only in two rooms , ones my bedroom and usually in the wall adjoining the other room where it happens . Nothing has happened physically with it all just find something on the floor some mornings that had 'dropped' off shelving ect. I have an EVP meter here and the old cupboard that was in here it registered something moving around inside the cupboard well I wasn't happy with that so I got rid of the cupboard.

Its annoying really when they are in your house , in the walls of your home and you can't do anything about it at all really. I just try and ignore the noises as you know , which are mainly at night time and usually only in two rooms , ones my bedroom and usually in the wall adjoining the other room where it happens . Nothing has happened physically with it all just find something on the floor some mornings that had 'dropped' off shelving ect. I have an EVP meter here and the old cupboard that was in here it registered something moving around inside the cupboard well I wasn't happy with that so I got rid of the cupboard.
Shudder...you are very brave!!