CDC Coronavirus Warning

If you are like me and a stress head, you are probably pretty worried about the Corona Virus.
Here is an attempt by me to reduce your anxiety somewhat.

I live in the cold bit of OZ, Victoria
Stats vary but as of today...

Population of Victoria about 6.3 Million
Currently 27 cases in Victoria
that is 1 in 233,333 people.
Of the 27 infected almost all have had overseas travel to effected countries or contact with people who have.
Others the infection source is known, eg: the doctor who went to the nursing home.

Out of the entire population of Australia, 1 in 200,000 people have had or got it.
80% of folks who have it, only get mild symptoms.
Out of the remaining 20% with more serious symptoms most recover,
Sadly we have so far lost 3 lives to the virus.
That is 1 in 8.3 million people.

IN 2019 we lost 192 people to the Flue in Australia.
You are more likely to die by falling off a ladder.

So while I am being very careful with my hygiene, I am not going to get all doomsday about this one.
If it was not for the media, I expect it would come and go with most of the population unaware it was even a problem.
So to my fellow stress heads, chill out, wash your hands, and you are statistically very unlikely to be effected by it in any other way than people panic buying at the supermarket.

That is just how the Spanish flu started, a simple harmless virus, until it changed due to peoples carelessness. The virus mutated twice, with the second being the worst killing more people than those in war (who died) since WW1. Many even died in 6 to 12 f**birdsbees**ing hours!

Thank goodness I have several rolls of toilet paper in my 'survival' back-pack from about 3 years ago, until the shops re-stock. Hahah.

That is just how the Spanish flu started, a simple harmless virus, until it changed due to peoples carelessness. The virus mutated twice, with the second being the worst killing more people than those in war (who died) since WW1. Many even died in 6 to 12 f**birdsbees**ing hours!

Thank goodness I have several rolls of toilet paper in my 'survival' back-pack from about 3 years ago, until the shops re-stock. Hahah.
The Spanish Flue was 1918 and in those days medicine, and doctors were barely out of the dark ages, we had little to no means of fast communication between one city to the next let alone across a continent or an ocean. That is not to say this one wont get worse, but we have the means at least now to be better prepared to put in the best practice we can.

As for the toilet rolls :)
A bloke on face book had a single roll up for $2000 last week. I messaged him and asked what is his best price was.
He said he has had a lot of interest and was thinking of putting up the price.
So I told him I could not afford the whole roll, and would he consider parting it out, I asked how much for just 10 sheets :)
Lots of funny stuff going on.

Reactions: The humanitarian
:cry: I never got to be the lady of the house.

You will always be the Lady of the house to us my Queen ;)

queen-and-her-knight.gif

The doc on the Joe Rogan show said that the body's immune response to the 1918 influenza virus was wut actually killed you. With this virus, secondary bacteria infections like pneumonia are the cause of death.

The doc on the Joe Rogan show said that the body's immune response to the 1918 influenza virus was wut actually killed you. With this virus, secondary bacteria infections like pneumonia are the cause of death.
Yeah, scary stuff. But in many cases the secondary infections are a known thing and have treatments in place. Of course there will always be those that succumb, but at least in this respect we have some treatment.

Yeah, scary stuff. But in many cases the secondary infections are a known thing and have treatments in place. Of course there will always be those that succumb, but at least in this respect we have some treatment.
Yes. He recommended that you get antibiotics as soon as you get the virus to prevent pneumonia.

Yes. He recommended that you get antibiotics as soon as you get the virus to prevent pneumonia.
Wont it be nice when this crisis finally passes and we can look back at it like the SARS thing. One good thing, the elephant in the room is China. We are not allowed to point the finger these days as it is apprently racist if you call out a truth with a country attached. But the good thin is someone was telling me the Chinese government is shutting down all these bloody wet markets where you can buy and eat all manner of foul creatures. Maybe that might go a long way to preventing the next big one.

Wont it be nice when this crisis finally passes and we can look back at it like the SARS thing. One good thing, the elephant in the room is China. We are not allowed to point the finger these days as it is apprently racist if you call out a truth with a country attached. But the good thin is someone was telling me the Chinese government is shutting down all these bloody wet markets where you can buy and eat all manner of foul creatures. Maybe that might go a long way to preventing the next big one.
Yes. In a global society, things that you do in a country can affect the whole world. They ought to revise their laws about the unregulated consumption of wildlife.

Yes. In a global society, things that you do in a country can affect the whole world. They ought to revise their laws about the unregulated consumption of wildlife.
Absolutely, if the corona virus did start where some say, from that research facility with the bats near one of those markets being the cause.
Why is this any different to another country being careless with a biological contaminant or weapon and causing a similar health problem.
I am not saying penalize the Chinese government or its people, just recognize the issue and do what has to be done to stop it ever happening again.

Absolutely, if the corona virus did start where some say, from that research facility with the bats near one of those markets being the cause.
Why is this any different to another country being careless with a biological contaminant or weapon and causing a similar health problem.
I am not saying penalize the Chinese government or its people, just recognize the issue and do what has to be done to stop it ever happening again.
You know, even tho I agree that the most likely cause of the pandemic is nature itself, there's always a smidgen of doubt in the back of my mind that this could have been either a bio experiment gone wrong or a retaliatory strike for the tariff war. :unsure:

You know, even tho I agree that the most likely cause of the pandemic is nature itself, there's always a smidgen of doubt in the back of my mind that this could have been either a bio experiment gone wrong or a retaliatory strike for the tariff war. :unsure:
We will likely never know, the report I was referring to was saying there is a research facility very close to the wet markets where it started, and that they hinted that there may have been some underhand dealings with the bats they were researching and the folks running the markets.
China denied it of course.

I had not thought of a retaliatory strike though, well if it was it backfired, it seems all of the world economy has taken a hit because of it.

I had not thought of a retaliatory strike though, well if it was it backfired, it seems all of the world economy has taken a hit because of it.
Think about it. It is plausible deniability if you throw the bio grenade in your own country in order to bring down your opponent's cuz who would be that crazy, right?

Think about it. It is plausible deniability if you throw the bio grenade in your own country in order to bring down your opponent's cuz who would be that crazy, right?
Shit your talking Trump here, is this theory designed to keep him in power or boot him out. I am not good at world politics.

Shit your talking Trump here, is this theory designed to keep him in power or boot him out. I am not good at world politics.
I've heard on C2C from a guest that the Chinese's philosophy of their relationship with the West is that of life and death. IOW, their long-term goal is to surpass the U.S. as an economic power and probably even conquer it militarily.

I've heard on C2C from a guest that the Chinese's philosophy of their relationship with the West is that of life and death. IOW, their long-term goal is to surpass the U.S. as an economic power and probably even conquer it militarily.
Well the first id feasible, but the second is a dream. China is many things but stupid is not one of them.
They know the US would do what it takes, they know of the no win situation.

Well the first id feasible, but the second is a dream. China is many things but stupid is not one of them.
They know the US would do what it takes, they know of the no win situation.
Yeah, very unlikely. They will probably settle for Australia lol. Are you learning Cantonese yet?

Yeah, very unlikely. They will probably settle for Australia lol. Are you learning Cantonese yet?
Haha, have you ever been here? lol

I'll just go live with the Blackfellas and let em come looking :)

Cantonese wont help them here...

6821388-3x2-700x467.jpg