CDC Coronavirus Warning

Haha, have you ever been here? lol

I'll just go live with the Blackfellas and let em come looking :)

Cantonese wont help them here...

6821388-3x2-700x467.jpg
LOL! They will sing you to them like the blackfella did in the movie Australia with Hugh Jackman.

LOL! Ppl and their toilet paper. It is not even that good at cleaning. Paper towel is the good stuff :p.

@Fish : any covid-19 in your land yet? I'm worried about you :(

There are 5 deaths today but it's getting better here.
I'm alive and well but in quarantine, the country is on a lockdown here.

Australia is doing reasonably well by comparison to the rest of the planet. I guess that is one advantage of being a big island.
We have slowed the spread a lot, but any chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
I look at the nonsense in the USA, people ignoring the lock down.
I saw an image of people protesting the lock down with banners saying stuff like.
Corona Virus, "God will protect me"
And no more 1984

I watched an interview with (i will get this wrong) I think the Governor of Nevada?? Vegas??
She was in utter and complete denial about corona, endorsing the complete opening up of Las Vegas WTF???

I am a pretty open minded, live and let live kind of bloke.
But I confess I am struggling with the behavior of the good folks of the USA at the minute.

I am 58, old but not quite ancient, I was a boy through the cold war, and have many scary sleepless nights in those days.
But I have a feeling of foreboding of late.
I have Never ever been one to be anti US. For all the madness, the US has been in my opinion the one thing that has kept the world safe, or at least as safe as it could be.
There contribution through many wars is fantastic.

But the behavior of the last couple of years under the rule of Trump is frightening.
I hope I am wrong, but Trumps constant poking at China, his utter incompetence in world affairs, his ability to stir up the worst most crazy emotions in a normally rational people.

I fear Trump and his madness might spell a decline that we as a planet may not recover from.
I hope it will be nothing more than a new super power, that is preferable to the end of humanity.
But I fear the USA would go down swinging and take the rest of us with it.
I really hope I am wrong.
But I have a sense of foreboding I have never had in 58 years on earth,

Interesting that they seem to have eliminated the Lab leak.
I remember back near the start of covid there was a report of a female Chinese scientist who said directly it was a lab leak but she then disappeared. I will have to go look.

Not buying this one, either. It is rumored that a crew of Chinese miners went inside a cave full of bats and got infected with the virus. The virus culture was then taken to the Wuhan lab for further study and then everything turns blurry after that.

Not buying this one, either. It is rumored that a crew of Chinese miners went inside a cave full of bats and got infected with the virus. The virus culture was then taken to the Wuhan lab for further study and then everything turns blurry after that.
Yeah I heard the same, but the woman scientist that initially was the whistle blower said it spread to the market from the lab from one of the workers selling bats to the wet market to make a few extra $$
She spoke of poor control of samples, lax security. Then she did the famouse chinese dissapearing act and it was all discredited. Wish I could find the link.

Yeah. That's the most scandalous version of the origin of COVID and one the Chinese are trying hard to bury.

Well here we are again, the variant is here in Victoria and we are now in stage 4 lock down as of midnight tonight.
Cant go further than 4km from home, curfews, not allowed out of your house unless it is one of 4 reasons.
Chairman Dan has done it again.
It is probably the correct response but the reason it is needed is because Dictator Dan did not handle the hotel quarenteen effectively.

Yes...supposedly the 'variant' is in the US also. From bad to worse...the wife and I don't get our first shot until March 11.

Regarding the origin....I don't believe it was created in a lab and the wet markets idea makes sense since the animals sold there are probably loaded with germs. Even the idea that bats were in the lab and then went to the market is skectchy since anyone in the area could have easily brought wild animals to the markets.
The fact that they even eat that s**t is incredible. o_O