CDC Coronavirus Warning

Yeah all good advice, I have an appt with my Doctor in a few hours so I will ask about it all then. See what she says. Gees Hal, talk about British stoicism!!!! So many of your folks testing positive...I would be sleepless with worry. Hope there all on the road to recovery.

Here is how it works over here.

Yesterday my brother went into Poundland. He forgot to pick up his mask when leaving his car.
He is not required to wear one ate the moment.

At the checkout he apologised to the girl behind the counter for not having it.

'That's ok,' she replied. 'Only those who are paranoid are wearing them'.

Here are today's Covid figures.

Positive tests, 31,117
(204,669 for week)

Hospitalised, 932.
(6,288 for week)

Dead, 85
(499 for week)

I do know he isn't paranoid; just careful.

She, Pakistani, is a moron.

I would like to see the breakdown by ethnicity of the covid cases for the length of the UK pandemic so far.

Fat chance that we will ever be allowed to see that.

Here is tge Aussie figures.
I am in Victoria.
I think this is from the start.
We initate full lockdiwn legally enforced wherever there is a few new cases. People hate it but it works.
We just came out of another full lockdown tuesaday

Coronavirus disease 2019 https://g.co/kgs/pNjp1Q

Your figures look a lot better than ours.
With regard to the ethnicity, here is something I did find.

Ethnicity
Bradford District is an ethnically diverse area, with the largest proportion of people of Pakistani ethnic origin in England. One in four people living in the District describe themselves as Asian / Asian British ethnic origin, compared to under 1 in 10 people on average for England as a whole.

I life in the Worth Valley area.

Hey Hal good to see you.
Yeah ee are in full lockdown again trying to contain it. And no i haven't yet. Asked the doctor about it and got no clarity. Still confused. These things normally take 7+ years. They made this one in 300 days. Long term effects are unknown. And our gov still promotes the astra zenica one that kills some folks with blood clots. Trust factor zero at the min
I got the J&J vaccination (it's similar to Astra Zenica) and not the same as the other mRNA vaccines. A more common side-effect is a skin rash, which I had a very small amount on my hand (that went away shortly). Have not been sick or any other symptoms. The blood clots are young women who are taking birth control and that is known side-effect (of the birth control methods).

There are risks either way.

I would do triple protection:
1) Vitamin D and all-natural ways to boost the immune system (healthy BMI, etc)
2) Vaccine (2 shots for seniors, 1 for middle-aged or young, and 0 under 12) (Except pregnant or nursing mothers and women on birth control avoid J&J or Astra Zenica)
3) Ivermectin as treatment if sick

I don't understand why everyone is all in on only one of these, not all three.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your figures look a lot better than ours.
With regard to the ethnicity, here is something I did find.

Ethnicity
Bradford District is an ethnically diverse area, with the largest proportion of people of Pakistani ethnic origin in England. One in four people living in the District describe themselves as Asian / Asian British ethnic origin, compared to under 1 in 10 people on average for England as a whole.

I life in the Worth Valley area.
I'm very sorry to interrupt your conversation when I'm not saying anything relevant to start with though I will later but I felt the need to ask you whereabouts in the Worth Valley area you live. (I'm a big Bronte fan & went quite a few times when I was younger. At that time Haworth was almost like it would have looked in Victorian times except for the picture of the Titanic in an antique shop. It didn't have all the tourist shops like it does now & everything was of the original stone. It was full of antique shops, cafes, the old apothecary shop, pubs, the church, the Bronte Parsonage museum & the railway station. I've also passed through Oakworth which was the setting for the Railway children which I loved when I was younger.)

I've had both of my jabs. I try to keep my distance from other people when they don't get in my way. I just don't wear a mask unless I need to because I was born with slight bronchitis & the masks affect my breathing. I'm not classed as exempt because it's not severe enough for me to need an inhaler & I manage it. Most of the time it only affects me when I run, go out in the wind, get a cold or when I'm in a smoky atmosphere. I think it's disgusting the amount of people who won't wear a mask properly when they're supposed to or asked especially if they're coughing & the amount of people who won't keep their distance when they should. I stay in as much as possible. I've got a lot of work to do at home. I hate it when people don't obey the new "leave all windows open" on buses.

I got the J&J vaccination (it's similar to Astra Zenica) and not the same as the other mRNA vaccines. A more common side-effect is a skin rash, which I had a very small amount on my hand (that went away shortly). Have not been sick or any other symptoms. The blood clots are young women who are taking birth control and that is known side-effect (of the birth control methods).

There are risks either way.

I would do triple protection:
1) Vitamin D and all-natural ways to boost the immune system (healthy BMI, etc)
2) Vaccine (2 shots for seniors, 1 for middle-aged or young, and 0 under 12) (Except pregnant or nursing mothers and women on birth control avoid J&J or Astra Zenica)
3) Ivermectin as treatment if sick

I don't understand why everyone is all in on only one of these, not all three.
Numbers 1,2 I agree with. Had my two Pfizer shots. Will take a third booster shot if offered.
Phizer was the one available first over here.

I'm very sorry to interrupt your conversation when I'm not saying anything relevant to start with though I will later but I felt the need to ask you whereabouts in the Worth Valley area you live. (I'm a big Bronte fan & went quite a few times when I was younger. At that time Haworth was almost like it would have looked in Victorian times except for the picture of the Titanic in an antique shop. It didn't have all the tourist shops like it does now & everything was of the original stone. It was full of antique shops, cafes, the old apothecary shop, pubs, the church, the Bronte Parsonage museum & the railway station. I've also passed through Oakworth which was the setting for the Railway children which I loved when I was younger.)

I've had both of my jabs. I try to keep my distance from other people when they don't get in my way. I just don't wear a mask unless I need to because I was born with slight bronchitis & the masks affect my breathing. I'm not classed as exempt because it's not severe enough for me to need an inhaler & I manage it. Most of the time it only affects me when I run, go out in the wind, get a cold or when I'm in a smoky atmosphere. I think it's disgusting the amount of people who won't wear a mask properly when they're supposed to or asked especially if they're coughing & the amount of people who won't keep their distance when they should. I stay in as much as possible. I've got a lot of work to do at home. I hate it when people don't obey the new "leave all windows open" on buses.
You're not interrupting.

I live in Bracken Bank,on the edge of Oakworth.
The railway is just down the road from here, about a five minute walk.
The railway was also used for lots of other films. Some scenes from Poirot were done here. Trouble is the way they construct the stories does not fit in with the facts. ( one scene shows Poirot waiting for a train to London. But the railway only goes to Keighley, about four mile away) But that doesn't matter.

Wuthering Heights, the film, was made mostly on a set out at Grassington, not Howarth.

It still gets lots of visitors, but there are a lot of new-build houses there. The folks who were born there can't afford to live in the village anymore.

You're not interrupting.

I live in Bracken Bank,on the edge of Oakworth.
The railway is just down the road from here, about a five minute walk.
The railway was also used for lots of other films. Some scenes from Poirot were done here. Trouble is the way they construct the stories does not fit in with the facts. ( one scene shows Poirot waiting for a train to London. But the railway only goes to Keighley, about four mile away) But that doesn't matter.

Wuthering Heights, the film, was made mostly on a set out at Grassington, not Howarth.

It still gets lots of visitors, but there are a lot of new-build houses there. The folks who were born there can't afford to live in the village anymore.
That sounds nice. I don't like Poirot. I loved shopping in Keighley.

I was talking about Haworth being where the Bronte sisters & their brother Branwell lived with their father & partially inspiring their books as well as being the place they wrote these books. I preferred Emily's poems to her novel.

I noticed it gets more tourists but think it was spoilt by buildings being built out of modern bricks & lots of tourist & souvenir shops being opened rather than the antique shops.

Your never interrupting horsa. 🙏
Your both making me travel sick. Allbthese localities. I will get there one day with a motorbike and swag. After corona i think.

Reactions: Horsa
Your never interrupting horsa. 🙏
Your both making me travel sick. Allbthese localities. I will get there one day with a motorbike and swag. After corona i think.
Thank you very much, Dundee.

There are more beautiful places I could tell you about that I've been to but I don't want to derail this thread too much. There are many places I'd love to go to.

Good luck! After this virus would be a good idea.

Reactions: Dundee