Celestial Portent Recorded in China

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff

Mysterious cities in the sky are once again appearing in China. This time, the city of Jinan was astounded by a cloud formation in the shape of a castle. The viral video, posted in the Chinese social media site Webo, caused tremendous awe among viewers, who couldn't believe their eyes.

The footage, captured last Friday, has people wondering what this peculiar floating structure in the clouds could vaticinate for the country. Witnesses on location described the sighting as a scene straight out of a Harry Potter movie. The 'castle,' which does bear a slight resemblance to Hogwarts School, features three distinct tower-like shapes atop a prominent medieval fortification.

Atmospheric experts who have watched the video aren't mystified, though. They attribute this cloudy portent to an specific kind of meteorological phenomenon called a "Fata Morgana." This type of mirage is said to occur when air layers of different temperatures interact and create a refraction in the sky of nearby terrain structures.

Imagine this 1000 years ago? A distant city or mountain appearing. People would have been awe struck.

Imagine this 1000 years ago? A distant city or mountain appearing. People would have been awe struck.
The weird thing is that according to comments I've read, there are no castle-looking buildings in that city, so I don't know from where is that Fata Morgana grabbing the mirror image.

The weird thing is that according to comments I've read, there are no castle-looking buildings in that city, so I don't know from where is that Fata Morgana grabbing the mirror image.
Well then...maybe it is a glitch and something more interesting.