CIA Releases UFO Files

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Bc8t4c8.jpg

Image: The Black Vault

In an unprecedented act of transparency, the Central Intelligence Agency released a trove of unclassified material on UFOs to our friend John Greenwald, the owner and operator of The Black Vault. The files, made available to Greenwald in the form of a CD-ROM, are said to contain almost all the intelligence on unidentified flying objects the CIA has to date. Although it is possible this is yet another hyperbolic statement from an agency that specializes in obfuscation, it is nevertheless a substantial victory for our community and the whole disclosure movement.

UFO experts speculate this sudden dump of information may be related to the recent Senate bill demanding all agencies to report what they know about the subject in 180 days time. If that is the case, we can almost certainly expect more government agencies coming forward with unclassified UFO material over the course of the year. For his part, John Greenwald vows to continue his unrelenting FOIA requests campaign and has posted a link on his website where visitors can download the new CIA UFO files (see link below).

That's interesting though I can't imagine there will be anything in that file that is new or revealing about ufos.
The gubbermint certainly isn't going to release any true secrets especially if they know something important.
But..it might make a few 'believers' salivate. ;)

...If that is the case, we can almost certainly expect more government agencies coming forward with unclassified UFO material over the course of the year...

And the key word is 'unclassified'.

Anything of real interest will stay where it is.

Impressive..The CD and fancy cover probably set them back $10 bucks of our tax money...

Impressive..The CD and fancy cover probably set them back $10 bucks of our tax money...
Thanks for the reminder OC.
Just checked the website and it's download able. Original and indexed version. Will download it shortly. 👍

I have downloaded them all, as expected heavily redacted but some have some pretty interesting stuff.
One from 1955 talks about a UFO sighting that is similar to project "Y"?
Pretty impressive goals for 1955 I reckon.

As follows...
1. The objects reportedly sighted by xxxxxxxxxxxx are
described to be similar to project "Y" which is in the research
stage at Avro Aircraft Ltd., Canada under contract to the US
Air Force.

2. Several design studies have been made on Project "Y"
The present study calls for a circular wing 30 ft in diameter
and about 1.1 ft thick. Its performance is to be as follows.

• Speed M 3
  • Rate of climb 120,000 ft/min
  • Ceiling 102,000 ft /min
  • Range 700 nm

3. The present effort consists of wind tunnel testing
sponsored to the extent of ( here I cant tell for sure but is either) $500,000 or $800,000 by the US Air force.

This project was run by John Frost?

and so it goes on...

If you want to read the whole thing here is a link.
https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/cia/ufos/C05515992.pdf

Lots of interesting documents to read that's for sure, many names, places, events.
Enjoy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Canada_VZ-9_Avrocar

Reality often has a deflating effect on the soul ;)

Ah but you are missing the point. The initial report is of a craft that seems to be similar to project "Y"
Was it the Ruskies? Or was it ET.

In any case it was an ambitious plan for back then.

The similarity appears to be the shape.

Standard disc ufo. Typical for the period.

The similarity appears to be the shape.

Standard disc ufo. Typical for the period.
Yep, It would be interesting to find out how they intended to acheive it though, 1.5 foot think with performance like that is a big ask.

Well leaving aside for a second any thoughts to the origin of the old tic tac. What are your thoughts on the characteristics of it. I think it's safe to assume whatever it/they were they were at least not imagined. Multiple witnesses, electronic tracking.

The tic tac displayed the ability to hover. Accelerate rapidly. Do sharp turns. No heat signature. No visible control surfaces etc.

That seems at face value that someone or something has achieved the holy grail of energy and propulsion.

That is the age old question.

Many put it down to modern secret technology. But these 'objects' have been behaving this way for many years.
Makes you wonder why there isn't a whole lot more effort put into searching that part of the ocean.

That is the age old question.

Many put it down to modern secret technology. But these 'objects' have been behaving this way for many years.
Makes you wonder why there isn't a whole lot more effort put into searching that part of the ocean.
I watched a you tube account of a bunch of fisherman near there that said this stuff is really common in that part of the ocean.
They had lots of accounts near there.

My mind is officially blown :)
If that's the real deal its pretty hoopy.
I wish I could see something like that.

Ppl are already saying it is cgi. The person who originally uploaded the vid deleted it a couple of hours later. Maybe the "Man" got to them :-0

Reactions: Occult Hunter
Ppl are already saying it is cgi. The person who originally uploaded the vid deleted it a couple of hours later. Maybe the "Man" got to them :-0
I read the CGI comment, so that is a fair enough thing to think in the process of investigation.
But you have to have a reason to say CGI that equates to more than skepticism.
Again as I have said elsewhere it is a bloody lazy way out without evidence.
It may indeed be CGI, but I will watch the evidence.