Covid Lockdown

Since I got everything sorted out, I didn't mind the restrictions. I followed the rules so I could have more freedom. Since pubs reopened more people started disobeying the rules. As a result the infection rate went up & we've been in another lockdown since bonfire night. This time I looked at more information about the virus. I'm following all the rules & I've got a lot of work to do at home.

Things are worse here in the states also....increases everywhere....my wife and I kep a low profile and I hope one day we all get a handle on this.
be safe...........

I'm very sorry to hear things are worse where you are too. We've been staying in as much as possible since the 2nd lockdown. I hope we get back to normal soon. We're more scared now as 1 of my Sister's co-workers got it (& told us what it's like) but luckily my Sister hadn't been near her at the time she got it. One of my Sister's Managers also got it. She hasn't heard anything since so I don't think she was near her when she was contagious. We're following all the rules. I hope they get it under control soon.

Be safe!

Well I see mass scale shutdown happening here in the US real soon too. Especially in NY where the cases are once again going up. Personally I don't agree with a shutdown but I'm just a tiny electron in a huge cell.

Well I see mass scale shutdown happening here in the US real soon too. Especially in NY where the cases are once again going up. Personally I don't agree with a shutdown but I'm just a tiny electron in a huge cell.
If you dont agree with shutdown, how do you suggest you beat it. We have not had a new covid case here in my state in Australia now for i think 19 days, all due to lock down. What is plan B?

If you dont agree with shutdown, how do you suggest you beat it. We have not had a new covid case here in my state in Australia now for i think 19 days, all due to lock down. What is plan B?
I believe in herd immunity and common sense.

PeteNY,

You do know that herd immunity is by definition Darwinian ?

p.s. Do you mean New York State, or city ?

When the 1st lockdown came in place I thought we should have kept calm & carried on but I had a lot on. Dad had I.P.F., asbestosis, C.O.P.D. & dementia. He was keeping us up until late at night & waking us up 1st thing in the morning. We couldn't sleep at night worrying what he was doing while we were in bed as he was doing dangerous things. (We'd been fighting to get carers.) Me & Mother had been told to learn new things, be creative & talk to normal people or we'd go like him. My job in heritage preservation had been helping me as there are creative as well as historical parts of my job & I have book-club & art history courses at work. The 1st lockdown rules meant I could only talk to normal people on the phone though I could still be creative & learn new things. I'd been given a few creative tasks to do at home & a lot of archival training & historical research & report-writing tasks including the big equine history task I'm doing at the moment. I thought I was going to go crazy staying at home with Dad all day. He died the 2nd week of the 1st lockdown. I had a lot of things to sort out. A lot of things couldn't be sorted until later. (I'm worried I'll get like Dad though all my friends & family say I won't.)

When restrictions were lifted a bit I followed the rules & enjoyed a bit of freedom. I enjoyed doing art history class again but with a face mask on & socially distanced. I also enjoyed book-club done the same way & knitting & quilting workshops & going back to archiving.

During this lockdown I've found out more information about this virus & it's hit a few people near me so I'm all for it though I know it's bad for business.

I don't think you need to worry about becoming like your dad. It appears he had a lot of things going wrong at the same time.

As a rather reclusive person, the lock-down doesn't really effect me much. It has had one effect though.
Every Thursday I used to go sit in my local cafe while my wife did the weekly shop. I got to know one of the staff there and we has a similar sense of humour. So I looked forward to my visit.
However, when the first lock-down happened, the cafe closed down; apparently for good. But it was resurected, and re-opened. Not all the staff came back. My friend was one of those who didn't return.
I do miss our 'brief encounter' on a Thursday. But we move on.

HAL.

4Ch

I don't think you need to worry about becoming like your dad. It appears he had a lot of things going wrong at the same time.

As a rather reclusive person, the lock-down doesn't really effect me much. It has had one effect though.
Every Thursday I used to go sit in my local cafe while my wife did the weekly shop. I got to know one of the staff there and we has a similar sense of humour. So I looked forward to my visit.
However, when the first lock-down happened, the cafe closed down; apparently for good. But it was resurected, and re-opened. Not all the staff came back. My friend was one of those who didn't return.
I do miss our 'brief encounter' on a Thursday. But we move on.

HAL.

4Ch
Thank you very much, Hal. He did. It was very hard to deal with. He was very argumentative as well. He had a lot of things wrong with him. I had to explain to him what was wrong many times. When he died I had to answer give an inquest statement which was very hard. They said the inquest was because asbestosis was a cause of death but they appeared to ask the wrong questions. The inquest took a few days. I heard they normally take months. I'm glad it was quick because I couldn't sleep from when I gave the statement & when they reached an open verdict.

I'm glad the lock-down isn't really affecting you. It's a shame you can't go meet your friend in the local café. We will move on when it's time.

What does 4Ch stand for please?

..What does 4Ch stand for please?..

It's a bit of a tease.

I'll give you a clue. It's related to my username. And my age.

Hope you like cryptics ;)

..What does 4Ch stand for please?..

It's a bit of a tease.

I'll give you a clue. It's related to my username. And my age.

Hope you like cryptics ;)
I like cryptics sometimes depending on my mood. Well, let me see if my brain wants to work. I don't know anything about your user-name. The only time I've seen your user-name spelt like that is in the film "Shallow Hal" which I loved but you're definitely not shallow. Your avi looks like a Hindu goddess. Going by that you could be referring to the Hindu holy book. (Damn! I've forgotten what that's called.) If you are you'd be referring to Chapter 4. If not, I've no idea.

..The only time I've seen your user-name spelt like that.. ?

Go back and check the spelling.

'HAL'. The upper-case is important.

I take it you are not a sci-fi fan ?

Dr Wu has probably already worked it out. But he has my old username on another site as a guide.

(Oh I do like a bit of mystery ) ;)

Dr Wu has probably already worked it out. But he has my old username on another site as a guide.

Ha! It's an abbreviation. I didn't realise. As it was very similar to a normal name I thought that it was a normal name & as we're communicating on the internet & all capital letters is classed as shouting that you were shouting your name at us.

I wasn't allowed to watch or read sci-fi in front of Dad as he said it was unrealistic. I just started getting into it when he died & I read "The Time Machine", "20,000 leagues under the sea", "The lost world" & "The mysterious island".

He knows you better.

He might have done but he's a clever guy. No, I don't get it.

;0) Me too sometimes.

HAL (HAL9000) was a computer. Computers work in hexadecimal (XXh).

One last chance for anyone to leap in before I reveal the answer.