Dendromiracle

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Uekcymq.png

Image: Odimar Souza
Brazilian landscapers pruning trees in the town of Itaquirai were suddenly stopped from their toil by a miraculous tree branch. Odimar Souza, director of the roadwork crew tasked with clearing the street of overgrown vegetation for an upcoming street paving, was notified by one of his workers of a strange figure inside one of the semi-sliced tree trunks.

The workers initially thought that the odd pattern in the tree trunk looked like a butterfly, but the equipment malfunctioned before they could finish cutting off the branch to have a closer look. Upon fixing their chainsaw, the crew resumed cutting the branch only to discover what Souza later described as a "piece of perfection."

The sliced branch, having what appears to be a burn mark from the cutting process, contains a humanoid figure that witnesses say bears an uncanny resemblance to Jesus Christ. News of the divine apparition soon went viral after Souza posted pictures of the find on his social media account. To date, the story continues to cause online waves, with people debating on Facebook and other social networks whether the image is "a divine sign,” or a simple case of "pareidolia run amok."

Well if it was me, I would have cut it into slices, put them in frames and tried to sell them to some religious nuts for a gazillion $ each. Their gullibility, my retirement fund.
My vote, Pareidollia.

• Haha
Reactions: LETA
Well if it was me, I would have cut it into slices, put them in frames and tried to sell them to some religious nuts for a gazillion $ each. Their gullibility, my retirement fund.
My vote, Pareidollia.
I was thinking the same thing lol. If the pattern is present throughout the branch pieces, it means it is not a cut burn and you can actually make quite a bit of cash if you slice that baby up and sell it online, like you suggested. Surely that possibility has not escaped the current owner.

I was thinking the same thing lol. If the pattern is present throughout the branch pieces, it means it is not a cut burn and you can actually make quite a bit of cash if you slice that baby up and sell it online, like you suggested. Surely that possibility has not escaped the current owner.
I remember years ago someone selling a slice of toast that looked like jesus on ebay for a fortune.
One born every day.