Dogman Encounters

A

Alien Origins

These are supposedly eyewitness accounts of encounters with the Dogman...As I have stated I do not put much faith in eyewitness accounts in stories like these but watch it and see what your opinion is.

Video is blocked by owner here in OZ. There are coincidentally a few reports of dogmen at the skin walker ranch.
Two native american Police said they saw them, and there have apparently been other reports as well though I can't source it other than a report by George Knapp.

Reactions: The humanitarian
Prior to the book Hunt for Skinwalker Ranch there had never been any reports of Dogmen on the ranch...From what I have researched Dogmen reports did not surface until 2008/2009 some 3 to 4 years after the book....It is believed that these things sort of haunt the outskirts of the ranch....But as with everything else in "Bad Paranormal" all of this is speculation because all we have are witness accounts at this point.....Kind of like Bigfoot. Thousands have seen it but yet there has never been a body, bones or anything else found of it....Again all we have are witness accounts. Below is a video claiming compelling evidence of Dogmen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prior to the book Hunt for Skinwalker Ranch there had never been any reports of Dogmen on the ranch...From what I have researched Dogmen reports did not surface until 2008/2009 some 3 to 4 years after the book....It is believed that these things sort of haunt the outskirts of the ranch....But as with everything else in "Bad Paranormal" all of this is speculation because all we have are witness accounts at this point.....Kind of like Bigfoot. Thousands have seen it but yet there has never been a body, bones or anything else found of it....Again all we have are witness accounts. Below is a video claiming compelling evidence of Dogmen:

I am pretty sure the name Skinwalkser derives from native american folklore and shapeshifters.
That predates white folks in america by forever.
So while official reports by white researchers may come after the book in 2008.
The tradition of shapeshifters into animal bodies is very very old.

Here is Cheif Dan talking about his grandparent and others folklore.
I was going to post this yesterday but did not feel like another flaming :)
But it seems relevat to establish dogmen/shapashifters predating the 2008 book.

I was talking about the book and how the reports of Dogmen came about after the book......I know skin walkers are from native American folklore....Chances are they did predate the book but reports only started surfacing about them around 2008/2009...And they appear at least to me to be a fringe/outskirt kind of being that has only been spotted just outside the ranch itself not within it.....Folk tales are passed down orally....The thing we have to look at is are they (Dogmen) a common theme throughout the folklore or tradition itself?

We have the Michigan Dogman:

The Dogman in Scottish Lore: The Wulver:

Here's one I don't put much faith in simply because of the source:

Dogmen are actually considered myth more than folklore...To Native Americans they maybe folkloristic in nature but the basis of them (Dogmen) are grounded in myth.

..................................Dogmen are actually considered myth more than folklore...To Native Americans they maybe folkloristic in nature but the basis of them (Dogmen) are grounded in myth.
Again I am no expert at all on native American culture. But if you watch the other video I posted (cheif Dan) on Skinwalker he certainly talks about Skinwalksers as being shape shifters that can inhabit the bodies of men and animals. He even in part describes the ritual you need to invoke to become a shape shifter (Skinwalker). It certainly seems by his account something they believe exists. he talks about his people being afraid to go out at night when the dogs bark in fear of it. Is there a difference between myth and folklore? I would think most would use the terms interchangeably??
I had a look at the history of the Michigan dogmen and there appears to be native American links to that too. I think they mentioend the Wisconsin one in reference to Michigan as if connected.

Here is an interesting video on the Beast of Bray Road: A creature that was reported in 1936 on a rural road outside of Elkhorn Wisconsin...

More background:

I like his last comment, I chose flight :) haha ya think :) I would have took off too,
It would be a hell of a scare. You have to put faith in that kind of report. At least in that he is telling the truth as he knows it.
Anecdotal...yeah so what.
You believe a soldiers account of a battle,
You believe a cops account of a crime.
Why not believe his, if it is his job to be out doing that, I expect he knows the difference between a bear and a wolf.

Thanks AO, good explanation, makes sense.
But with the obvious excliusion of a Fairy Tale, do you think the average person who sees something and reads a tale about dogmen makes any distinction between Myth and Folklore and Legend? I still think the average person would give the differences little thought when seeing our Dogman on the side of the road.

Thanks AO, good explanation, makes sense.
But with the obvious excliusion of a Fairy Tale, do you think the average person who sees something and reads a tale about dogmen makes any distinction between Myth and Folklore and Legend? I still think the average person would give the differences little thought when seeing our Dogman on the side of the road.

I doubt seriously if myth, legend or lore crosses anyone's mind........

LOL. AO would pull rank and ban me first disagreement. I'm happy here lol

No I would not...Arguing with you pisses me off but I find it fun...We have disagreements hell we all do.....Thats the reason I am not promoting the forum and counting on the blog where people can leave comments on the things I post there..Right now there is nothing there but their will be..I am trying to work on being a little more open minded but it's a work in progress.

Keep out the damn rift raft for one, and second I am in no hurry to open it up to the public right now. And there is a lot I have to work on.
LOL, that's fair enough. The problem I see though is the definition of riff raff. A UFO forum by definition alone will potentially attract at times some out there tales and opinions. Are they Riff Raff? Some forums on the internet are so rooted in one side of the topic as to intimidate and scare away views from the other? There are lots I have looked at and just don't post because I know I will instantly propelled into an argument. That's why I love this place so much. LETA has forgotten more than most of us know, yet she has a great way of letteng all views be told without making people feel stupid. So yeah.. A forums definition of Riff Raff can make or break it in my opinion.

Reactions: LETA