Dolores Cannon ... Metaphysical Master? Or Fraud?

G

GalacticDreamer

So i just discovered Dolores and so far... I'm digging her.
If you don't know who she is... Search her on YouTube, and then let's chat.
What do y'all think about her? Did she really channel Nastradamus? How does she know all this stuff??

Wow don't get me started on the old Nostradamus thing.
I can guarantee if I made over 10,000 obscure predictions with a knowledge of human nature and society. I make them in a language and dialect that will be in 500 years hard to translate. I am sure someone could make a book on a bunch that can be at best applied very obscurely retrospectively backwards.
Very little of anything he said was in any way clear and can have all sorts of meanings applied to it if you want to try to make them fit. :)
I am open minded but not a big fan of Nostradamus.

Naa bugger it, I will just show you rather than be a smart arse...
Take the time to do a little extra reading trutheseeker and beware confirmation bias :)

Here is the quatrains you refer to without confirmation bias applied to the interpretation :)

2. The Coming of Napoleon. A rather typical Nostradamus quatrain, number I:60, illustrates how very different interpretations can be drawn from a single cryptic verse. Nostradamus (1555) wrote:
  • Vn Empereur naistra pres d’Italie,
  • Qui a l’Empire sera vendu bien cher,
  • Diront auecques quels gens il se ralie
  • Qu’on trouuera moins prince que boucher.
I translate the rather plain text of quatrain I:60 as follows:
  • A ruler will be born near Italy,
  • Whose cost to the Empire shall be quite dear;
  • They will say from those whom he shall rally
  • That he is less a prince than a butcher.
The phrase “near Italy” covers a lot of ground, from Austria and Corsica to France and Switzerland, and Greece and Yugoslavia. The verse is usually held to refer to Napoleon (1769–1821), but other candidates include the Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand II (1578–1637) and even Adolph Hitler (1889–1945). (See LeVert 1979, 80; Randi 1982, 34.)
(Another quatrain [VIII:1] that is also said to refer to Napoleon begins with the three words Pau, Nay, Oloron, which are interpreted [Robb 1961, 43–44] as an imperfect anagram [“Nay-pau-lon-Roy”] of Napoleon Roi [“King”]. However, Napoleon was not a king, and the words are simply the names of three proximate French towns [Randi 1982, 207–212].)

AND

3. The Rise of Adolph Hitler. Another quatrain, II:24, is said to refer to Adolph Hitler most specifically. Nostradamus (1555) wrote:
  • Bestes farouches de faim fluues tranner:
  • Plus part du camp encontre Hister sera,
  • En caige de fer le grand fera treisner,
    Quand Rin enfant Germain obseruera.
I translate the quatrain provisionally as:
  • They’ll swim the rivers, fiercely famished brutes:
  • Most of the army shall range the Ister;
  • In an iron cage will be drawn The Great
  • When Rhine’s child shall Germany watch over.
Hister is said to denote “Hitler,” and in the late 1930s Nazi propaganda minister Josef Goebbels, whose wife was “an avid Nostradamian,” exploited this and other quatrains that supposedly prophesied France’s fall after a German invasion (Hogue 2003, 313).
Hister, or rather Ister, is actually an old name for the lower Danube River. The last line of the quatrain is rather confusing, and translators have given many different renderings. Some later texts replaced Rin with Rine (“the Rhine”) or rien (“nothing”). And Germain can mean “Germany” or another word of the exact same spelling, i.e., “brother” or “cousin.” And so the verse could read, “When a child [of the] Rhine shall keep watch over his brother” (LeVert 1979, 111), or “When the German child watches the Rhine” (Robb 1961, 47), or “When the German child will observe nothing” (Leoni 1982, 169), or other possibilities. However, because Hister, Rin, and Germain are all capitalized (Nostradamus 1555), thus consistent with proper names, and also because Nostradamus [III:58] uses Rin for “Rhine” elsewhere, I translate the words as “Ister,” “Rhine,” and “Germany.” LeVert (1979, 111) observes that, to Nostradamus’s

And the source.

Reactions: truthseeker
It is easy to get the feel for how correct any given statement is.
pinions are diverse so there is always someone who has done the hard work for you.
But even a simple google search will help.
If someone claims say... Roswell was a UFO crash, you just have to google Roswell was Not a UFO crash.
A gazillion people will have already been down that path.
Then read up and decide for yourself which evidence you believe.

It is easy to get the feel for how correct any given statement is.
pinions are diverse so there is always someone who has done the hard work for you.
But even a simple google search will help.
If someone claims say... Roswell was a UFO crash, you just have to google Roswell was Not a UFO crash.
A gazillion people will have already been down that path.
Then read up and decide for yourself which evidence you believe.
I agree. We can also compare what is being said with what we already know & if we have some books on the subject research that way too. There's always the library as well. (Call me old-fashioned if you wish but I go straight to books 1st as that's what I'm used to & I had to do all my research that way.) The purpose of reading is to weigh things up & consider them.

I agree. We can also compare what is being said with what we already know & if we have some books on the subject research that way too. There's always the library as well. (Call me old-fashioned if you wish but I go straight to books 1st as that's what I'm used to & I had to do all my research that way.) The purpose of reading is to weigh things up & consider them.
Yeah I love books. But in some respects they are almost obsolete for some sorts of research. It is pretty hard to keep up with the internet as a source for information. Certain people like to make fun of the internet as a source of information. But it is really not hard to get past all the bull dust to decent information from reliable sources. Websites like CiteSeer are full of stuff way over my head :) But its all there if you go looking.
But your right. There is nothing like enjoying a good book, and a well written text book.

Yeah I love books. But in some respects they are almost obsolete for some sorts of research. It is pretty hard to keep up with the internet as a source for information. Certain people like to make fun of the internet as a source of information. But it is really not hard to get past all the bull dust to decent information from reliable sources. Websites like CiteSeer are full of stuff way over my head :) But its all there if you go looking.
But your right. There is nothing like enjoying a good book, and a well written text book.
I get your point. I have no problem with the internet & can tell the difference between real & crap. :0) I just think it makes some people lazy. Health & safety rules state 2 hours is the maximum you should be on a P.C. & when I get into something I'm enjoying reading I don't want to stop. I don't have to take a break every 2 hours when reading.

The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror,
To resuscitate the great king of "Angolmois"
Before, after, Mars to reign happily.

I'm starting to research this one.
on the surface it looks like a miss.
but I seen a interpretation that stated he was just off by two years.
but I still call it a miss.

The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror,
To resuscitate the great king of "Angolmois"
Before, after, Mars to reign happily.

I'm starting to research this one.
on the surface it looks like a miss.
but I seen a interpretation that stated he was just off by two years.
but I still call it a miss.
He was a failure mate, folks who believe in him all make the same mistake you did initially. They all fall for the confirmation bias trap. All his predictions come about by people trying to retrofit events into his barely translatable quatrains. Better to go Yeti Hunting mate :)

He was a failure mate, folks who believe in him all make the same mistake you did initially. They all fall for the confirmation bias trap. All his predictions come about by people trying to retrofit events into his barely translatable quatrains. Better to go Yeti Hunting mate :)
I wouldn't say he's a complete failure in that I think his poetry was well written & he was quite successful in the field of medicine at that time which wasn't even 1/2 as advanced as it is today but I don't believe he could foretell the future as some people reckon.

I wouldn't say he's a complete failure in that I think his poetry was well written & he was quite successful in the field of medicine at that time which wasn't even 1/2 as advanced as it is today but I don't believe he could foretell the future as some people reckon.
Yeah fair call :) I have not looked much at his other achievments as he was mostly know for hif prophecies.

Reactions: Horsa
Yeah fair call :) I have not looked much at his other achievments as he was mostly know for hif prophecies.
:0) From what I saw of his prophecies they were poetic & I thought that they made good poetry although I didn't think he could foretell the future & that's why I thought his poetry was well-written. I was speaking of his prophecies when I spoke of his poetry because that's what I thought of his prophecies. They were good examples of poetry.