Dr. Bruce's Flying Triangle

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
sBXmXcv.gif

Image: B. Cornet, M. Whitford, and D. Bertram at bufod.co.uk
The unidentified, triangle-shaped object above, was filmed by Dr. Bruce Cornet in August of '93 over the Hudson Valley, in New York State. Over a decade earlier, the region was witness to an unprecedented UFO flap that captured the attention of the whole nation. Between the years 1980 and 1986, thousands of residents of the Hudson River Valley reported a tidal wave of UFO sightings of all shapes and sizes ranging from boomerang-like formations, to an assorted variety of luminous triangles and other interesting geometrical shapes:

It was a very large object. The structure of it was very dark gray, metallic, almost girder-type looking… The object seemed to be very silent. The lights were iridescent, bright, they stood out in the sky and three-dimension. It looked like a city of lights. It just hung in the sky, all brilliant colors.
--Dennis Sant, Brewster, NY
I was working a 4 PM to midnight tour and assigned to set up some radar to look for speeding cars and I looked up into the sky and saw a series of lights. And at first I thought it was a plane, it was quite a distance, quite far away, but it was, it was really quite large. As I recall, there were mostly white lights, but there were green lights also. It was alternating green and white lights. It approached my vehicle and it stopped and it seemed to hover. And I’m looking at this thing, thinking what is it? I wasn’t afraid. I was just amazed. I was in awe of it. I didn’t know what it was. The only thing that I recall the most is I was amazed that there was no noise. There was no humming. There was no engine, there was no sound. It was absolutely silent.
--Andi Sadoff, New Castle Police Department Officer

The notorious flap, which generated hundreds of books and a number of TV documentaries, aroused the curiosity of Dr. Bruce, who spent many years in the field studying sighting reports and interviewing witnesses of the Hudson Valley flap. Bruce, now retired from academia, earned a Ph.D. in geology from Penn State University; and for a period of time, worked for Bob Bigelow's National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS) during its Skinwalker Ranch days.

Dr. Cornet, who was lucky enough to record his own UFO sighting in the Hudson Valley, described the incredible experience to journalist George Knapp on a recent interview for Mystery Wire:

It does look very plane like but if it was noiseless and hovered in one spot following him well that sort of shoots that down.
Pretty good film, I wonder if there is more.

It does look very plane like but if it was noiseless and hovered in one spot following him well that sort of shoots that down.
Pretty good film, I wonder if there is more.
Not only that, but the professor also discovered that these crafts mimic terrestrial aircraft sounds to fool observers :-0

• Wow
Reactions: Dundee