Favorite Books: Non fiction and fiction

D

Dr Wu

A thread to talk about your favorite books you have read...fiction or non fiction.

A few of my favorite non fiction ones:
-Morning of the Magicians- Pauwels and Bergier, 1960
an esoteric look at the occult and related weird things including Ufos, alchemy, and Crowley
-Daemonic Reality- Patrick Harpur
A total view of the paranormal as it relates to our experience of it and how it might all be connected
-Rule By Secrecy- Jim Marrs
all about famous conspiracies, the Illuminati, and aliens
-The Occult- Colin Wilson
An historical look at the occult through the ages with all the usual suspects like Hermes Trimegistus, Paracelsus, Levi, Crowley and the 'arts' they embodied.

Reactions: LETA
My favourite non-fiction books are "The Age of the Horse" by Susanna Forrest, "A History of Ancient Britain" by Neil Oliver & "A History of Scotland" by Neil Oliver as well as "The Life of Charlotte Bronte" by Elizabeth Gaskell.

My favourite fiction books are Villette by Charlotte Bronte, The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans & The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer.

I have other favourites too but can mention them later.

My favourite non-fiction books are "The Age of the Horse" by Susanna Forrest, "A History of Ancient Britain" by Neil Oliver & "A History of Scotland" by Neil Oliver as well as "The Life of Charlotte Bronte" by Elizabeth Gaskell.

My favourite fiction books are Villette by Charlotte Bronte, The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans & The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer.

I have other favourites too but can mention them later.
@LETA I thought this was in the general section so responded with my favourite fiction & non-fiction books but it's in the alien section so my response is off-topic. Please can you delete it for me?

*No...don't delete it....it was meant to be in the Off Topic section...I must have put it here by mistake...can you move the whole thread to the other section?
Thanks...Leta.
dr wu

Last edited by a moderator:
*No...don't delete it....it was meant to be in the Off Topic section...I must have put it here by mistake...can you move the whole thread to the other section?
Thanks...Leta.
dr wu
O.K. We all make mistakes. I didn't know whether you intended it to be in the other section & just alien or general. That's why I asked for a deletion. A move to make things right is good too.

Thanks for moving the thread....now we need everyone to list their favorites....:)
Seconded.

A move is good & allows for more books of all different genres to be mentioned. :0)

Oh @LETA ! If you're not too busy to answer I wonder if you could oblige us by letting us know your favourite books.

Jesus where do I start? Fiction.. A song of ice and fire, Lord of the rings, The hobbit.... Non fiction Not even my name, the Chin dynasty, Vlad the Impaler...

Oh gosh - so many books. I love biographies, science books, religion and ufology volumes. I actually don't fancy fiction that much, tho I enjoyed a couple of sci-fi novels.

Reactions: Horsa
Heya stranger, where you been, we have all missed you :)
Hi Dundee!

I thought I'd almost finished that equine history report & was just cross-referencing & evidencing man's relationship with the horse through time before putting it into chronological order & re-writing it but kept finding other things to add so I'm still busy writing. I just needed a bit of a break as I've got head-ache, eye-strain & writer's cramp. I've also been knitting & quilting. I've been doing quite a bit of reading which is unrelated to horses & history too.

I missed you too. :0)

How are you & what have you been doing?

Wow, that will keep you busy. I'm tired just thinking about it. I am sill scared of horse. I like the idea of hem. But suspect all horses are possessed by penny wise and are plotting my demis. 🙂Been all sorts of things going on here of late. I gave myself food poisoning, that's been fun 😬 been off work for a week. Back tommorow though. Other than that Ben on the couch crook watching scary YouTube clips............📺👀

It is indeed keeping me busy. I was going back into work attending book-club, art history class, quilting & knitting & going in for archiving sessions then we were told we were going back into lockdown so I was back onto my research & report-writing task. I'd have finished it already but told I was to use all the resources I had except my head as it was a research & report-writing task not a test. I've got a few more tasks to do after that. It's fun & fascinating though I found some parts distressing & depressing especially them about hippophagy, bull-fighting & war-horses. I'm very sorry to hear you're still scared of horses. :0) You'll have to let me know about what's been going on here. I'm very sorry to here you've had food poisoning & been off work for a week.

Anna Karenina is the 'other woman' I always take with me on holiday.

(When we could go on holiday)

Reactions: Horsa
Anna could be a poster child for the MGTOW movement.

Poor Vronsky; he should have seen it coming.

Anna could be a poster child for the MGTOW movement.

Poor Vronsky; he should have seen it coming.
Hal...can you explain how she 'represents' MGTOW...I have not read that book.
And isn;t that movement retro and anti women...?