Fifth Force Discovery

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
kraszn_0.jpg

Image: Attila Krasznahorkay
A Hungarian physics team searching for evidence of particles that could potentially explain dark matter, stumbled upon wut may turn out to be a fifth force of nature previously hypothesised but never before seen in the laboratory. The research group discovered the tantalizing signature of an unknown subatomic particle while bombarding thin sheets of lithium -7 with protons.

The mystery particle, which the team is calling, "X17" could turn out to be the boson carrier of a new force, or even the interaction byproduct of an old force that we failed to completely understand. Either way, exciting new times ahead in physics as scientists scramble to confirm the experimental results and come up with a theoretical description of the event.

Learn more:

Fifth Force

Scientific Preprint

"The nuclear physics experimental team had been studying another isotope, beryllium-8, as it decays down to a ground state. They saw electrons and positrons splitting off from the atom at unusual angles.
Those findings, which showed particles coming off beryllium-8 at around a 140-degree angle, were strange and new."

Maybe the atom is spitting out positive charge particles into the air so that is what making the electrons and positrons splitting off from the atom at unusual angle. Just guessing.

Maybe the atom is spitting out positive charge particles into the air so that is what making the electrons and positrons splitting off from the atom at unusual angle. Just guessing.

The interaction produces energetic photons that rapidly decay into an electron-positron pair that hit the detectors at specific, predicted angles. But this new x-boson seems to travel more 'slowly' and decays at odd angles that do not obey the expected trajectory. See pic:

?
VectorBoson_450.png

Reactions: Aurora and Fish
The interaction produces energetic photons that rapidly decay into an electron-positron pair that hit the detectors at specific, predicted angles. But this new x-boson seems to travel more 'slowly' and decays at odd angles that do not obey the expected trajectory. See pic:

?
VectorBoson_450.png
Oh i see. What kind of new stuff have they added to it that made it to act like that?

Oh i see. What kind of new stuff have they added to it that made it to act like that?
That's the interesting part. The experiment is not adding anything out of the ordinary, and they aren't certainly working at CERN-level energies, so this weird angle anomaly is begging for an explanation. Ppl are already speculating that this new field might be able to bring us the physics necessary for flying cars lol.

Reactions: Fish
That's the interesting part. The experiment is not adding anything out of the ordinary, and they aren't certainly working at CERN-level energies, so this weird angle anomaly is begging for an explanation. Ppl are already speculating that this new field might be able to bring us the physics necessary for flying cars lol.
Flying cars? Wait, wasn't a positron and electron combination become a flash of light and energy, then death to those in this prototype 'flying car'? Antimatter and matter contact (collision not necessary) = boom....?

I think they are talking about the higgs boson particle. I don't know much about that particle, i thought it was a particle that give mass to the smaller particles only, didn't expect that it could even make electron and positron.

Maybe they've discovered something new in that invisible world but don't seems like it's leading to the path of flying cars lol.

I think they are talking about the higgs boson particle. I don't know much about that particle, i thought it was a particle that give mass to the smaller particles only, didn't expect that it could even make electron and positron.

Maybe they've discovered something new in that invisible world but don't seems like it's leading to the path of flying cars lol.

It is wishful thinking. Ppl hear about new discoveries in physics and their mind immediately goes to how it could be turned into tangible results. Truth is, it takes decades to figure how to implement them in our daily life in the form of consumer products.

It is wishful thinking. Ppl hear about new discoveries in physics and their mind immediately goes to how it could be turned into tangible results. Truth is, it takes decades to figure how to implement them in our daily life in the form of consumer products.
Speaking of antimatter....do you have any idea why those lazy bums have not yet created the Tokomak Reactor? There should not be any problems. Wait, lemme guess, the Government?

Speaking of antimatter....do you have any idea why those lazy bums have not yet created the Tokomak Reactor? There should not be any problems. Wait, lemme guess, the Government?
Plasma is freaking hard to contain in a stable configuration even with the best magnetic fields. But the delay might be a budget issue :/

Of course, a "budget issue" #coalmines#illumanti#dickheads#government#amishparadise#money#politiciansusingtaxforstupidhelicopterjoyflights.