First time writing poems

F

Fish

Since many is writing poems so i want to try writing some too. Just took me few minutes to write this. It's my own experience and feelings. I don't know much about poems but is it correct?

Human world

Humans doing human thing,
Primitive but evolving,
Stupid at times but ever learning.

A human by species,
But not one of them.
Stuck in between two worlds,
not accept in neither one.

Who should i trust and listen to,
Primitive humans won't believe me.
And they want it to be kept a secret.

Humans doing human thing,
Maybe they are right,
Let human do human thing,
In this primitive human world.

Very nice, babe. The poem seems to support evolution as the origin of the human species and frames you in a more 'evolved' state than your fellow human beings? Maybe you are an angel :a39:

Reactions: Fish
Very nice, babe. The poem seems to support evolution as the origin of the human species and frames you in a more 'evolved' state than your fellow human beings? Maybe you are an angel :a39:

Lol no.
This poem is based on the year 2012 experience, where i had this alien experience.

"Humans doing human thing,
Primitive but evolving,
Stupid at times but ever learning."

Means that i'm disappointed by the human race, with all those corruption, bad politics, ppl refuse to find out the truth but is driven by hate through lies and propaganda and etc. But despite all that there is still hope.

And i was having a corruption problem at that time, and it's somewhat politically related to what Mahathir did years ago.

"A human by species,
But not one of them."

Means that i am human by race but my life is different and won't be considered as normal to the other fellow humans, probably crazy is only what they will say.

"Stuck in between two worlds,
not accept in neither one."

I was lost in between the human and alien world, the human world won't accept the truth of what's going on and they might dismiss it as crazy, and the alien world won't take me with them as it is the law but the alien was the only one who was there and helped me out from the corruption that i was going through and everything..

"Who should i trust and listen to,
Primitive humans won't believe me.
And they want it to be kept a secret."

Confused whether i should fully trust the aliens (coz maybe they might have other motive that i don't know of) and keep it a secret or tell it to someone (a human) about it, but problem is that no one will believe me anyways as it is not a normal thing to the society.

"Humans doing human thing,
Maybe they are right,
Let human do human thing,
In this primitive human world."

Maybe the aliens are right, it would be safer and better to keep it a secret and accept the reality since there is nothing the primitive humans can do anyways and they will only cause more problem and that is brand me crazy.

Is there a way or concept to write poem?
Like for example if i want to write about the apple fruit, no experience, feelings or anything in it, is it possible?

Like for example if i want to write about the apple fruit, no experience, feelings or anything in it, is it possible?
Yes. There are rules to writing poetry, like the mechanics of stanzas and stuff. @Horsa probably knows all about it. English is hard :-0

Yeah English is hard :(
I only know how to write poems through personal experience and i don't know if it is even right or not, if u ask me to write a poem out of something i really can't do it.

Yes. There are rules to writing poetry, like the mechanics of stanzas and stuff. @Horsa probably knows all about it. English is hard :-0
It depends what type of poetry you write. In blank or free verse you can more-or-less do what you want as long as your line-lengths are more-or-less the same & you put no or next to no rhymes in them. If you want to rhyme you have to have a regular rhyme scheme normally AABB or ABAB etc. for as long as you want to carry on. It is good if you can make the line-lengths equal but not necessary. Line-lengths don't matter at all in song-writing as you add key/note/word-holds to even things out or if you play an instrument you can add instrumental breaks. You do, however have to work out where to have those key/note/word-holds or instrumental breaks & how long for as well as what key to play & sing in. There are many more rules than that but they're the basics.

Your English is very good to say you think English is hard.

It is possible to write poems about almost anything without any emotions. They just don't sound as good.

Yeah now i remember, they used to have the rhyme. That's hard :-0
You don't have to rhyme though if you write blank or free verse. You just have to have even line-lengths with little or no rhyme. (That's hard for me. Rhyming is easier for me.)