Floyd's Death Sparks Riots Across U.S.

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
800px-George_Floyd_protests_in_Philadelphia_5C2A6126R.jpg

Image: Creative Commons (CC)
The wrongful death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police has the nation in turmoil. Cities across the U.S. are experiencing massive protests as citizens take to the streets demanding a stop to police brutality. The police officer responsible for Mr. Floyd's death has been charged with third-degree murder and the National Guard was deployed to help restore order.

Its bloody awful. I have never been one to give the cops shit, it is a tough dangerous job. But if there not up to the task then they should step aside for those that are. There is so much footage now of unjust and biased violent American cops giving people shit for no reason. And hear Trumps latest inflammatory comment, what was it? "You Loot, we Shoot" yeah that's gonna help.
I am so glad I am not in the US right now. So much chaos.

Looting in downtown LA. Police are trying to disperse the unruly crowd who are now burning tyres :/

Looting in downtown LA. Police are trying to disperse the unruly crowd who are now burning tyres :/
You can't blame people for there anger. If you can't get satisfaction one way then desperation sets in.
It is not right, but understandable.

Lol, yeah sure ;)
One thing is for certain, it is very different here. Mostly in good wasy, but not good in other ways.
For real. OZ has more than $17B worth of Gold not yet mined. I have enough to buy me a claim in the northern territory and a dry sluice box.

For real. OZ has more than $17B worth of Gold not yet mined. I have enough to buy me a claim in the northern territory and a dry sluice box.
Again you will be effected by the nanny state mentality here in OZ. The vocal Minority.
My dad used to go gold dredging, he had a dredge you floated in the river and it vacuumed up the gravel and sluiced it on the water. The Greenies stopped it being legal because they said it effected the river floor. A small dredge with barely bigger than a lawn mower engine on it. If they had ever actually been to a river for more than 5 minutes on a university field trip they would see that you can get regular winter floods that rip out blackberries and bushes for 20 meters each side of the bank. Rip out vegetation and so on. Yet by mid spring you cant even see where the water line was.
My dad never dredged again, just doid a little panning in the end,

I first went to Cobber Pedy in the late 80's. It was like a wild west town, Thousands of Opal Miners, at night the cars would come into town from the mines, some utilitys with a load of blokes in the back, half without exhausts, the other half unregistered. Some with doors missing. It was wild. They had a drive in and there used to be a sign out front banning explosives because of local miners having a lark and thrown sticks of jelly about.

I took my kids there a few hears ago, I have been telling them about what to expect. I was gobsmacked. It was like a ghost town. Buildings closed, doors and windows boarded up. Hardly any people, cars were mostly tourists.

I got talking to locals, they said the numbers of miners there now were down to less than a hundred. that government regulation and fees and insurance have priced out the small operator. The few that survived have had top band together and pool money to afford mining. It is a national disgrace,

It is more layed back in the Territory but we still have the scourge of the stinking greenies.
It is very sad.
I hate greenbies with a vengance for what they have done and are dooing to our way of life.

There is a prominent family of miners in OZ that have all the permits and a few claims not yet mined. I would attach my operations to them to bypass all the red tape :D

Reactions: Dundee
Los Angeles is burning. The Mayor just imposed a curfew to control the mob running around pillaging and plundering. The National Guard is all over the city. This is chaos!

BB14OtE5.img

Comon you guys in the great USA,
How long can you support this madness, get Trump out and pick a proper leader.
This is crazy, the world is laughing at your madness.

Can you imagine what would have happened if they had found him not guilty. even if they all thought that way ?

HAL

p.s. I also think he was guilty.
His actions certainly contributed to his death..the main cause most likely, but I do not believe he meant to kill him.
This is an example of poorly trained police and not following better guidelines for doing their job. The police end up doing what they think they need to do to protect themselves on the street but in this case and others it was over the line.
What's also sad about this in the societal framework is that policing is the most vital in poorer communities where most people of color live currently and where the crime and shooting rates are the highest. To lower (defund) policing or stop them from effctively doing their jobs will only end up hurting those areas and lives in the long run. I live south of Chicago and every night there is a shooting and children are dying due to gangs, guns, and crime. How do we protect the people and still not have these incidents?

Reactions: Fish