Getting to know you...

H

Horsa

This thread is about us getting to know each other better & hopefully having a bit of fun too. I'm setting some questions to make it easier.

1. What genres of music do you like?
2. What genres of books do you like?
3. What is your favourite animal?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What is your favourite colour?
6. What is your favourite song?
7. Who is your favourite singer?
8. What is your favourite book?
9. Who is your favourite author/poet?
10. Where is your favourite place?

I'll answer mine later when other people have had a chance to answer the questions. Enjoy!

This thread is about us getting to know each other better & hopefully having a bit of fun too. I'm setting some questions to make it easier.

4. Do you have any pets?

I'll answer mine later when other people have had a chance to answer the questions. Enjoy!
1. Heavy Metal, Old school Electric like Tangerine Dream
2. Sci Fi/Fantasy
3. Dogs
4. Dog (Floyd), Cat (Sheryl), 5 Goldfish (Bob, Spot, Tiny, Eric and Graham)
5. Black
6. Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb
7. Robert Plant
8. LOTR
9. Banjo Patterson
10. Anywhere there is an Ocean

If you really want to know me, I'm going to need some dinner first...

dinner GIF

1. Heavy Metal, Old school Electric like Tangerine Dream
2. Sci Fi/Fantasy
3. Dogs
4. Dog (Floyd), Cat (Sheryl), 5 Goldfish (Bob, Spot, Tiny, Eric and Graham)
5. Black
6. Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb
7. Robert Plant
8. LOTR
9. Banjo Patterson
10. Anywhere there is an Ocean
Oh I had a Rat also called Floyd, she used to walk all over my Computer and keyboard, climb on my head. Poor thing had a stroke, I hand fed her for a fortnight then she died. Also had a Sparrow called Spiros (Greek pronunciation) Saved it from the cat. Lived a couple of months and died of unknown causes. Also had a pet copperhead snake in a fish tank at the head of my bed. It got too big for the tank so I took it out the bush and let it go. Had to brake hard for a mob of sheep on the way out, bloody fish tank flew off the back seat and smashed and I had a venomous snake with me loose in the car. Had to lift it out with a stick. Bugger tried to bite me too :)

4 days later and not many responses..I guess no one really wants to know anyone better.... :LOL:
I'll give it a go:
Progressive rock (King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, ..) is my favorite but also like Jazz (Coltrane, Davis, Corea..) and some classical(Bach, Mozart, Vaughn-Williams,..).
Fiction that has a weird edge to it (sci-fi, surreal tales, occult,etc..)...also non fiction if it's about interesting people or topics.
Bit of an odd question...not sure about that one. Bigfoot..?
4. Do you have any pets?
My wife and I did own cats for many years..not anymore..too much work at our age.
Earthtones in general..no specific favorite.
Too many to pick one...big Beatles fan but again prog rock is my favorite area.
Too many to pick one...from Frank Sinatra to Robert Plant...and many in between
Too many to pick just one but an early fiction favorite when I was young was 'The Magus' by John Fowles and non fiction was 'The Occult' by Colin Wilson
No favorite poet..never really thought about that and I have only read a few famous ones over the years.
Many authors I like; the last few years it has been Ian Banks.
Tempted to say at home...I like the small Indiana town we live in, but if I had money to live anywhere it would probably be somewhere in the countryside in England or the Napa wine valley north of San Francisco again in the country.

4 days later and not many responses..I guess no one really wants to know anyone better.... :LOL:
I'll give it a go:
Progressive rock (King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, ..) is my favorite but also like Jazz (Coltrane, Davis, Corea..) and some classical(Bach, Mozart, Vaughn-Williams,..).
Fiction that has a weird edge to it (sci-fi, surreal tales, occult,etc..)...also non fiction if it's about interesting people or topics.
Bit of an odd question...not sure about that one. Bigfoot..?
4. Do you have any pets?
My wife and I did own cats for many years..not anymore..too much work at our age.
Earthtones in general..no specific favorite.
Too many to pick one...big Beatles fan but again prog rock is my favorite area.
Too many to pick one...from Frank Sinatra to Robert Plant...and many in between
Too many to pick just one but an early fiction favorite when I was young was 'The Magus' by John Fowles and non fiction was 'The Occult' by Colin Wilson
No favorite poet..never really thought about that and I have only read a few famous ones over the years.
Many authors I like; the last few years it has been Ian Banks.
Tempted to say at home...I like the small Indiana town we live in, but if I had money to live anywhere it would probably be somewhere in the countryside in England or the Napa wine valley north of San Francisco again in the country.
Unless they didn't like my questions. ;0)

I think it's time I answered my questions.

1. Folk, country, reggae, soul, Motown, some rock, pop, jazz & classical.
2. Classics, some romance & saga, history, biographies, poetry & nature.
3. Not for an animal lover. Horses & ponies.
4. Not at the moment but we've kept lots of different animals as pets & had dogs for many years.
5. Yellow is my favourite normal colour but gold is my favourite colour altogether.
6. My favourite song changes a lot. As bagpipes are my favourite instrument when I'm not visiting Scotland Mull of Kintyre is my favourite song. When I'm visiting Scotland I'd say My Love is like a red, red rose.
7. Ann Williamson is my favourite singer altogether. My favourite non-Scottish singer is Celine Dion.
8. Villette is my favourite fiction book. My favourite non-fiction book is The Age of the Horse.
9. My favourite author is Charlotte Bronte. My favourite poet is Wordsworth.
10. My favourite place is Scotland.

I think the song with the line 'it all depends on the mood I'm in' sums it up for me.

Also things like 'favourite song' etc are often used as part of banking security/passwords etc. So best not to put too much personal stuff on an open forum.

Maybe I'm just getting a bit over cautious.

I think the song with the line 'it all depends on the mood I'm in' sums it up for me.

Also things like 'favourite song' etc are often used as part of banking security/passwords etc. So best not to put too much personal stuff on an open forum.

Maybe I'm just getting a bit over cautious.
I don't use my favourite song as anything for security. I know it's best not to get too personal on a forum but I don't let anything too personal out.

Unless they didn't like my questions. ;0)

I think it's time I answered my questions.

1. Folk, country, reggae, soul, Motown, some rock, pop, jazz & classical.
2. Classics, some romance & saga, history, biographies, poetry & nature.
3. Not for an animal lover. Horses & ponies.
4. Not at the moment but we've kept lots of different animals as pets & had dogs for many years.
5. Yellow is my favourite normal colour but gold is my favourite colour altogether.
6. My favourite song changes a lot. As bagpipes are my favourite instrument when I'm not visiting Scotland Mull of Kintyre is my favourite song. When I'm visiting Scotland I'd say My Love is like a red, red rose.
7. Ann Williamson is my favourite singer altogether. My favourite non-Scottish singer is Celine Dion.
8. Villette is my favourite fiction book. My favourite non-fiction book is The Age of the Horse.
9. My favourite author is Charlotte Bronte. My favourite poet is Wordsworth.
10. My favourite place is Scotland.
So what 'folk' artists are you into? I'm a fan of Brit folk like Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Nick Drake, etc..
Bagpipes..? I never heard anyone say that was their favorite instrument... very unique.
Ann Williamson...I 'll have to look her up.
Villette...never read any Bronte..but that one sounds interesting from the synopsis I saw.
Do you live in Scotland or England and where abouts..?

Paranoid is also a Black Sabbath tune ,but I was referring to being overly cautious actually and not referring to any songs.
(y)
Yeah, I got that. Though I think mildly neurotic may be a better descriptive than paranoid. Paranoid infers that infers that 'they' are out to get me. ;)

Yeah, I got that. Though I think mildly neurotic may be a better descriptive than paranoid. Paranoid infers that infers that 'they' are out to get me. ;)
I sure hope no one's after you.....but there's that old joke: 'Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.'
;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dundee