God Is My Rock: Meteorites

D

Dr Wu

Good article about ancient worship of meteorites
https://www.dailygrail.com/2020/12/god-is-my-rock-were-meteorites-the-earliest-gods-of-humanity/
Put yourself in the mind of an ancient person, without a modern understanding of what the objects in the sky are. You are minding your own business around your campfire at night, when suddenly one of those mysterious star things – suspected by some to be the gods themselves, watching over humanity from on high – falls from the sky, making thundering sounds and catching fire. It lands nearby, burying itself in the sand – and upon uncovering it, you find a massive chunk of iron. Would you think it might be a god fallen to Earth?

Reactions: 2X109
The Black Stone in Mecca / Cornerstone of Islam, perfect example

Grand Mosque Mecca GIF by swerk

Yep more than one religious belief probably started in a similar way.

My understanding is the higher "Self" is one's rock to stand on.

Minus that awakening or realization, one resorts to lower forms of spiritual rocks, such as documented accounts by those who have.

Not exactly a meteor, but one The Autobiography of a Yogi landed in my lap via a synchronicity way.

The normal mode or lower self (ego): asking questions intellectually about the nature of the universe.

Then a spiritual truth meteor lands in your lap (by way of a physical "teacher" or his documented teachings).

Eventually the lower grade rocks are no longer needed as you awaken to your own Rock, which is you and one and he same as everyone else.

Religious expressions use unique terms from different settings, such as son of man and son of God.

Thus the "rock" foundation for your beliefs progressively advances from lower grade to higher grade. I guess the lowest grade would be literally a f*cking meteor rock from the skies that you mistake for something of divine origin. I can't imagine being stuck in grade 1 in this process, yet billions of people are without seeking further advancement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2X109
Good article about ancient worship of meteorites
https://www.dailygrail.com/2020/12/god-is-my-rock-were-meteorites-the-earliest-gods-of-humanity/
Put yourself in the mind of an ancient person, without a modern understanding of what the objects in the sky are. You are minding your own business around your campfire at night, when suddenly one of those mysterious star things – suspected by some to be the gods themselves, watching over humanity from on high – falls from the sky, making thundering sounds and catching fire. It lands nearby, burying itself in the sand – and upon uncovering it, you find a massive chunk of iron. Would you think it might be a god fallen to Earth?
I would probably think 'Must be a use for this thing. Maybe I can sell it to some mug down the bazaar.'

Have to be 'buyer collect' though, it must weigh a tonne.

I would probably think 'Must be a use for this thing. Maybe I can sell it to some mug down the bazaar.'

Have to be 'buyer collect' though, it must weigh a tonne.
Large meteorite chunks are expensive to buy...I bought a couple tektites, about an inch long by 1/2 inch (fused glass/sand gravel caused by meteor impacts) about 35 years ago and they cost me $40.00

I believe that every religion is based on truth., lies, honesty and bias. I have detailed elsewhere my expericnces, but I think the truth lies in a mix of all beleifs. Mix them all in a pot, take away the plain crazy shit, take away the extreme bias, take away the agro and the fundamentalists, and the bit that is left common to all in the mix is as close to reality as a living pewrson will ever see. I have tried to do that with my beliefs, but, by definition I must also fit in the pot too. :(