Happy Yule!

If the smallest cog in the biggest machine fails, the whole thing stop.

Have you read 'The Machine Stops' By E.M. Forster ?
Either that or some people further up have to do more work to cover as they have to do their own & that of people below them.

No.

If the smallest cog in the biggest machine fails, the whole thing stop.

Have you read 'The Machine Stops' By E.M. Forster ?
No i haven't but sounds like a nice story.

Tbh i disagree with all this weighing on the importance of a job is. We all are hired by someone to work, and we work for money not on how important a job is.

The only difference is the stress level of the job. People respect Doctors cuz it's a very stressful job and people can sue them if they go wrong. That is why bigger higher jobs are respected the most. Like the CEOs, they have plan and to bring business otherwise the whole company would bankrupt.

The lowest the job requires more physical and less brain. The highest the job requires more brain.

..Tbh i disagree with all this weighing on the importance of a job is. We all are hired by someone to work, and we work for money not on how important a job is...

All jobs are important, some in one way, some in another.

If nothing else, they provide a means of passing the time, and help to retain social cohesion.

Reactions: Horsa
Ofc its like a team working together to make something happens, no matter how low or high the rank. Only difference is that high rank make decisions, there is no formula, they have to think by themselves. The low jobs like the operators, they just keep doing the same thing over and over again, thinking is not needed.

Ofc its like a team working together to make something happens, no matter how low or high the rank. Only difference is that high rank make decisions, there is no formula, they have to think by themselves. The low jobs like the operators, they just keep doing the same thing over and over again, thinking is not needed.
Have you ever watched a show called undercover boss? In case you have not. The concept is that the boss disguises himself or herself and goes and works in the factory or the shop floor or wherever to see what the workers are feeling in an effort to improve the company. I have noticed that 9 times out of 10 the boss is hopeless at doing the workers job. I have never seen the opposite test where a worker gets to be ceo for a week. I wonder what would happen?
In my years on earth I have often found the smartest most balanced people have been the worst educated. And often the stupidest air heads have been the best educated. You can't pigeon hole a person because of a title.

Have you ever watched a show called undercover boss? In case you have not. The concept is that the boss disguises himself or herself and goes and works in the factory or the shop floor or wherever to see what the workers are feeling in an effort to improve the company. I have noticed that 9 times out of 10 the boss is hopeless at doing the workers job. I have never seen the opposite test where a worker gets to be ceo for a week. I wonder what would happen?
In my years on earth I have often found the smartest most balanced people have been the worst educated. And often the stupidest air heads have been the best educated. You can't pigeon hole a person because of a title.

I have worked low jobs b4 2 times, but only for few days tho. I have worked as a cashier and did basic auditing for 8 days at a restaurant b4 i became a Executive now, i have even lived with Myanmar people and ate company food. I had some issues with the Employee Provident Fund (EPF), so while waiting to solve it i worked as this.

I don't know if u r sugarcoating it for all the uneducated out there, but my advice just don't, go and study. From what i have seen most of them have attitude problem, they fought with family and refused to go to school since 13 and etc. It's a hard life but they are used to the pain & r happy that way and still r refusing to study.

I have worked low jobs b4 2 times, but only for few days tho. I have worked as a cashier and did basic auditing for 8 days at a restaurant b4 i became a Executive now, i have even lived with Myanmar people and ate company food. I had some issues with the Employee Provident Fund (EPF), so while waiting to solve it i worked as this.

I don't know if u r sugarcoating it for all the uneducated out there, but my advice just don't, go and study. From what i have seen most of them have attitude problem, they fought with family and refused to go to school since 13 and etc. It's a hard life but they are used to the pain & r happy that way and still r refusing to study.
OK Fish. I'll leave this conversation here. Like the thread says. Happy Yule. Or whatever your celebration might be. Cheers

We all are hired by someone to work, and we work for money not on how important a job is.

The only difference is the stress level of the job. People respect Doctors cuz it's a very stressful job and people can sue them if they go wrong. That is why bigger higher jobs are respected the most. Like the CEOs, they have plan and to bring business otherwise the whole company would bankrupt.

The lowest the job requires more physical and less brain. The highest the job requires more brain.
We are all hired by someone to work but we don't just work for money but also because we enjoy doing the job, helping people, making a difference to our communities & the people around us, to learn new skills & keep us occupied. If the job wasn't important it wouldn't exist.

All jobs can be stressful. People don't respect Dr.'s because they have a stressful job but because they save lives & help people live happy & healthy lives. (I'm saying happy as well as healthy lives because they deal with people's emotional well-being as well as physical & cognitive health.) People respect C.E.O.'s because they have authority in a hierarchical top-down fashion. Some Managers get to be Managers not through ability but through being smarmy with their Managers. I know it happens I've seen it. In some places I've worked in staff are cleverer than Managers.

..Tbh i disagree with all this weighing on the importance of a job is. We all are hired by someone to work, and we work for money not on how important a job is...

All jobs are important, some in one way, some in another.

If nothing else, they provide a means of passing the time, and help to retain social cohesion.
They are also a way of learning new skills & helping other people.

I've known places where Managers haven't done any thinking or decision making, staff & head office have done it all. Shop-floor work can sometimes require more thinking than Management work.

There are some people who didn't go onto further education because they couldn't afford to & not because they weren't intelligent. Some places I have worked in, normal staff have been more intelligent than Management & people in Management have been pretty stupid. People don't often think about self-education either but it exists or else people like J. A. Hammerton, Harmsworth & Arthur Mee wouldn't have written self-educators. Some people think that just because people don't have a certificate they don't know something.

Reactions: Dundee
Handball this one to others. If I don't I know where I will end up.
What happens when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object. 🤔

Not many people in the world today are uneducated. Many countries have free education for children. Not everyone has the money to be able to go for further education. That doesn't mean they're not as capable as someone who has done further education. It isn't always an attitude problem. The attitude problem you mentioned does exist but some people who have gone in for higher education have a worse attitude problem. That is they think they're better than everyone else & people who haven't gone for further education are stupid & lazy which isn't always true.

Lol. All good Horsa. I agree with you on this one. Just looking at the wheather report. 😅
Lol. Dundee. "Whether the weather may be wet or fine, we'll just run along without a care." :0) We'd best behave & get back on-topic anyway or Leta might separate off-topic conversation, create another thread & put off-topic conversation there. She's a very busy person & we don't want to cause too much work for her.

Lol. Dundee. "Whether the weather may be wet or fine, we'll just run along without a care." :0) We'd best behave & get back on-topic anyway or Leta might separate off-topic conversation, create another thread & put off-topic conversation there. She's a very busy person & we don't want to cause too much work for her.
Good call on the weather report :)
But where is the fun in behaving?
Hahaha, To (almost) quote Bender.....Leta can spank my shiny metal bum (invite intended) lol

bf46156ead49d624f7df784c6e8a94f7.jpg

Good call on the weather report :)
But where is the fun in behaving?
Hahaha, To (almost) quote Bender.....Leta can spank my shiny metal bum (invite intended) lol

bf46156ead49d624f7df784c6e8a94f7.jpg
Haha!
Sometimes behaving is fun.
To bring things back on topic though, (well, almost) you wouldn't be inviting Leta to smack your bum but to kiss you under the mistletoe. Lol.

Haha!
Sometimes behaving is fun.
To bring things back on topic though, (well, almost) you wouldn't be inviting Leta to smack your bum but to kiss you under the mistletoe. Lol.
Lol, would not say no to either option :)