Happy Yule!

H

Horsa

As I mentioned before that I'm an atheist & the reason before as well as the fact that I incorporate bits of different religions into my life you'll have an idea that I celebrate both Yule & Xmas which are so close to each other. Poll is for a bit of fun. I prefer Yule logs if anyone's interested. Happy Yule everyone!

Yeah, I'm up for some chocolate nutella log!

tenor.gif

Reactions: Horsa
Yep, never heard of a Yule log till now, but pick it over xmas cake now I know what it is.
I am of a similar outlook to you Horsa, in that I don't believe in a Omnipotent being called God, but I reject the word Athiest as being way to polarizing. So as I have beliefs that allows the existence of god for one, but not for me, but both being correct. I am neither Atheist of God Bother-er :)

So Merry December 24th Celebration to you all, whatever your belief is.

Yep, never heard of a Yule log till now, but pick it over xmas cake now I know what it is.
I am of a similar outlook to you Horsa, in that I don't believe in a Omnipotent being called God, but I reject the word Athiest as being way to polarizing. So as I have beliefs that allows the existence of god for one, but not for me, but both being correct. I am neither Atheist of God Bother-er :)

So Merry December 24th Celebration to you all, whatever your belief is.
I've always had Yule logs.

O.k. I respect other people's views as well as thinking what I think.

What I meant by I celebrate Yule as well as Xmas is I celebrate the Pagan way on the same day as Pagans did which is on winter Solstice which is the shortest day of the year which is normally around the 20th/21st which means I have Yule log today. The putting up of holly & mistletoe is a Pagan ritual for Yule. Mistletoe was sacred. The original Yule log was a big log chopped & taken in on the Winter Solstice which had to last the entire week for Yuletide. I don't do that as I'm in a smokeless zone but I buy & eat Yule logs. They're lovely. When you try 1 you'll have to tell me what you think.

I will be hunting for one tommorow but being so far from the solstice my chances are slim. Maybe I will find a traditional recipe and try to make one. What could go wrong haha

I will be hunting for one tommorow but being so far from the solstice my chances are slim. Maybe I will find a traditional recipe and try to make one. What could go wrong haha
Do you know how to make a chocolate swiss roll? If you do you just need to melt chocolate & cover the swiss roll you've made with it then dust it with icing sugar. Either get artificial holly from a cake decorating shop & put it on top or get some roll out icing, roll some out, cut 2 pieces out like holly leaves then roll some into little berries. Attach the holly leaves to the log with a cocktail stick. Use green food colouring to get them the right colour & red food colouring to get the holly berries the right colour. If you haven't got red food colouring beetroot juice does the same job. Don't forget you have to let the chocolate cool.

Wut do you think, Horsa? Should be allow Dundee into our coven? :biggrin:
I don't know, Leta. We haven't told him the other bit. We put mistletoe up & start dancing if you end up under the mistletoe you have to kiss. Lol. :0)

• Haha
Reactions: LETA
Bloody hell i have never baked a cake in my life. I am pretty ood at following instructions so can cook Indian food OK will need o follow a recipe.

Bloody hell i have never baked a cake in my life. I am pretty ood at following instructions so can cook Indian food OK will need o follow a recipe.
They're easier than normal cake as they don't have to rise as much as you'll have to roll it up after adding the cream you've made.