Head of MUFON Arrested

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
SABZ2WP.png

Image: Huntington Beach Police Department via Facebook
Jan Harzan, the executive director of the Mutual UFO Network, was arrested by the Huntington Beach Police Department in California on charges of soliciting a minor “for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity.” Mr. Harzan allegedly engaged in sexual innuendo with an online police detective who he thought was a 13-year-old female. He was busted on the scene of the arranged meeting with the supposed girl.

MUFON, one the largest and most recognized organizations in the world dedicated to the serious study of UFO sightings, is no stranger to scandal. One of its previous state directors was sacked after making explosive comments on Facebook about the demise of the white race in America, and another one quit over the ongoing "racist culture of the organization."

Many ufologists are in shock over the news of his arrest and are taking to social media to express their opinion of the event. Will MUFON survive this new scandal?

Slimy prick. I have a great solution to these bastards.When they go to prison they are put in protective custody, a luxury their victims don't get. I reckon they should get the appropriate tattoo forcibly put on their forehead, such as, Pedophile or Rapist, then put into general population. No protective custody. Let all the rest of the prison population dish out prison justice. I am sure some poor inmate caught for cheating his taxes and missing his kids would like to have a quiet chat with them.

Lets stop protecting these scum.

That is one thing I always admired about our Aussie Chopper Reid, he hated pedophiles and payed out big on them in prison.
He had an odd but in many ways admirable code of honor as a crim.

I saw lets bring Chopper back from the dead and let him give them some attitude adjustment.
Chopper was a legend, and he only killed other crooks. ;)

This is a black eye for ufology. The field is already a hotbed of nutjobs and charlatans. On top of that, now we have to wonder how many prominent seedy individuals in the community are waiting to be found out.

Yes it is not good all round. I wish I knew more about psychology so I could understand the loonies more.
It would be fascinating to know what makes them tick.

Yes it is not good all round. I wish I knew more about psychology so I could understand the loonies more.
It would be fascinating to know what makes them tick.
Hard to say. Paraphiliae are extremely complicated. They could arise from evolutive urges to mate with the most fertile candidate. It could also develop from childhood sexual trauma and even mental disorders.

Hard to say. Paraphiliae are extremely complicated. They could arise from evolutive urges to mate with the most fertile candidate. It could also develop from childhood sexual trauma and even mental disorders.
Umm OK, just got too complicated for my head