How NASA in the past have handled questions about UFO's.

L

LeeLoo

It 1968 Nasa did a “study”, Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects formal name Condon Report. It was a scientific study of unidentified flying objects. Studying UFO info gathered by both government and civilian groups the report determined that all cases had a rational explanation and that no further study of phenomena was necessary. The “conclusion” was that there was nothing of significant and if there was the Air Force would handle it, but there’s no need bc nothing exist. Supposedly it’s the Air Force who was the driving force behind the conclusion. It was a way to explain that UFO’s don’t exist. This made it hard for employees of NASA to comment on UFO’s because they would just refer you to the report and say there an explanation for what you are seeing. NASA position and what they wanted there employees position to be, is do you really want to follow UFO’s or do you really want to be in the space program. I guess, it’s you mind your business, and they’ll mind theirs. Now if there’s something they just cover it up and move on. NASA main objective is the study of space and exploration. That’s also what they want the public to focus on. Not something they can’t explain. At least that’s what they said on UFO Hunters. Lol 🤪 Why do think NASA covers up UFO’S?

Man, I don’t know how to edit my title. Also, I’m dyslexic so be easy on the writing skills.

What you said makes sense LL, I have to a lesser degree seen the same in my job. Certain things are treated one way internally which is not made obvious to the public. You have to be careful of what you say in places like Facebook in case it reflects on your employer. It is a pity that NASA employees are pressured this way. I wonder if it is still as present today as it was in the past.

Reactions: LeeLoo
It 1968 Nasa did a “study”, Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects formal name Condon Report. It was a scientific study of unidentified flying objects. Studying UFO info gathered by both government and civilian groups the report determined that all cases had a rational explanation and that no further study of phenomena was necessary. The “conclusion” was that there was nothing of significant and if there was the Air Force would handle it, but there’s no need bc nothing exist. Supposedly it’s the Air Force who was the driving force behind the conclusion. It was a way to explain that UFO’s don’t exist. This made it hard for employees of NASA to comment on UFO’s because they would just refer you to the report and say there an explanation for what you are seeing. NASA position and what they wanted there employees position to be, is do you really want to follow UFO’s or do you really want to be in the space program. I guess, it’s you mind your business, and they’ll mind theirs. Now if there’s something they just cover it up and move on. NASA main objective is the study of space and exploration. That’s also what they want the public to focus on. Not something they can’t explain. At least that’s what they said on UFO Hunters. Lol 🤪 Why do think NASA covers up UFO’S?
First off don't believe everything you hear on those one sided TV documentaries...The reports conclusion was that nothing could be gained scientifically from the study of UFOs....But then again you have to remember this was in 1968! Technology has advanced by leaps and bounds but not nearly enough to be able to tell an alien space craft from a weather balloon...And what pray tell would NASA have to gain from covering up a UFO discovery? If anything these guys would be ecstatic about it!

UFO believers would rather have NASA lie so that it confirms their stinking conspiracy theory suspicions....

Reactions: LeeLoo
.........................................And what pray tell would NASA have to gain from covering up a UFO discovery? If anything these guys would be ecstatic about it!

UFO believers would rather have NASA lie so that it confirms their stinking conspiracy theory suspicions....
I disagree, lots of Astronauts see UFO's, in fact it seems to be a regular thing. Buzz Aldrin commented in one of his interviews about seeing something outside the Apollo 11 as it was traveling, they asked mission control where one of the rocket stages were. Depending on which of his interviews you watch he comments that mission control said it was miles away and he alludes to it being ET, other interviews he says it was part of a booster. The point is though in the interview he comments that they did not admit to it for fear of repercussions from NASA, turn round and come home, your crazy?

Gordon Cooper has commented outright that he has seen many UFOs and made no secret about his opinions they might be Extra Terrestrial, The list goes on and on of NASA Astronauts reporting UFO's.

Yet NASA always either does not comment, or comes up with a swamp gas explanation.

If NASA admits there is ET buzzing about it sets a precedent they have to go with. Some like you that are skeptics would say they were crazy, others would see it as proof of ET, there would be political repercussions that may effect funding and their reputation as a serious organization.

Look at the whole ruse about going to the moon. People still believe the primary objective was science and to beat Russia.
It was very much a subtle way to help develop long range ICBM technology under the ruse of Science.

I believe it is in NASA's political and financial interest to remain neutral and non committal on UFO's