Is 5G Dangerous?

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
network-4892118_960_720.jpg

Image: Pixabay

The fifth generation of broadband cellular networks is upon us, and many cities are already awash in it. This innovative implementation promises faster download speeds and more connectivity. But the lack of scientific data about the long-term effect of its continous radiation is currently unknown. Concerned citizens and scientists across the globe have petitioned their respective governments to halt the deployment of 5G until further tests are conducted. And many elements in society have taken a more radical approach by vandalizing 5G towers in order to demonstrate their fear and mistrust of what is touted to be an enhanced, safe new way of electromagnetic data transfer. In the midst of this confusion, physicist Sabine Hossenfelder just released a compelling new video where she tries to cut through the electronic haze that shrouds 5G and bring us some unbiased, science-based information about the possible implications of living inside a 5G bubble. Watch the video below and don't forget to comment:

Seems reasonable to me.

But one doesn't need to look very far to see how such reasoning will fall flat.

4G uses 600meg to about 2.5ghz but 5G has 3 bands, low medium and high respectively, 600-850meg, 2.5 to 3.7ghz and 25 - 39 ghz. So the bandwidth is much higher and also in a different freqency range.

So 4G data transmission is theoretically about 100Mbps, but in reality if you got haldf that (usualy less) you would be doing great. 5G however has a theoretical top speed of abour 20Gbps, real world tests much less though, tops out at about 3gbps/ But still a shit ton better than 4G.

Think of back in the days of upgrading your modem, faster modems better internet.
So higher frequecies have different characteristics than lower frequencies, such as line of sight, potentially higher bandwidth, faster data etc.

However your Microwave oven operates around 2.5 gig so people are concerned that having your 5G phone to your ear is like having your head in a microwave oven and turning it on.
So I don't know the truth of the dangers. The same thing happened with 4G back in the day.
I guess if we have a population full of brain tumours in 20 years we will know the worriers were correct.

Reactions: Dr Wu
It appears that 5G raises the temperature in the environment around you by a negligible but measurable amount. If that is the case, I predict that more girls will be born than boys over the next decade.

I thought Microwave cookers operated at around 1450 Meg. Could be wrong; I have to look it up or check the label on mine.

And yes, 'G" stands for generation.

Dundee,

It's 2450 Meg.

You were only out by three orders of magnitude; not bad for an Ozzy. ;)

Dundee,

It's 2450 Meg.

You were only out by three orders of magnitude; not bad for an Ozzy. ;)
Hey easy mate... My town has had electricity for weeks now.. Rumor has it that we are going to get running water in a few months!

4G uses 600meg to about 2.5ghz but 5G has 3 bands, low medium and high respectively, 600-850meg, 2.5 to 3.7ghz and 25 - 39 ghz. So the bandwidth is much higher and also in a different freqency range.

So 4G data transmission is theoretically about 100Mbps, but in reality if you got haldf that (usualy less) you would be doing great. 5G however has a theoretical top speed of abour 20Gbps, real world tests much less though, tops out at about 3gbps/ But still a shit ton better than 4G.

Think of back in the days of upgrading your modem, faster modems better internet.
So higher frequecies have different characteristics than lower frequencies, such as line of sight, potentially higher bandwidth, faster data etc.

However your Microwave oven operates around 2.5 gig so people are concerned that having your 5G phone to your ear is like having your head in a microwave oven and turning it on.
So I don't know the truth of the dangers. The same thing happened with 4G back in the day.
I guess if we have a population full of brain tumours in 20 years we will know the worriers were correct.
I'd like to think that it is like how people were with Y2k . Anything new any new technology people are afraid of . Now if that radiation gets proven to be true but by than most devices will run at 5g . Game console I'm upgrade to runs games at 5g download speed cuz of the Cloud and its awesome . Also hi its kinda nice to be in a online forum !

I'd like to think that it is like how people were with Y2k . Anything new any new technology people are afraid of . Now if that radiation gets proven to be true but by than most devices will run at 5g . Game console I'm upgrade to runs games at 5g download speed cuz of the Cloud and its awesome . Also hi its kinda nice to be in a online forum !
Well there is no question really as to its radiation effect. It is very measurable. The million dollar question folks ask is, is it harmful. And welcome to the forum, kinda nice to have you here :)

Hi, Truthsearcher. Also glad to have you along for the ride.

The answer to Dundee's question is at the top of the thread.

Basically, don't sit too close to the mast.

So, 5G killed Elvis ?

More like 5 cheeseburgers.

I assume it was a send up as Elvis departed long before even 3G was around.

• Haha
Reactions: Area201