Is History important?

F

Fish

I'm asking this coz when it comes to history Malaysia is the same with North Korea, the politics here always rewrite the history text book at their own will to favour the politics. Likely for us we have the internet to find for the real truth. There is a saying, those who don't know the real history will always turn out to be very racist.

I'm asking this coz when it comes to history Malaysia is the same with North Korea, the politics here always rewrite the history text book at their own will to favour the politics. Likely for us we have the internet to find for the real truth. There is a saying, those who don't know the real history will always turn out to be very racist.

All countries edit the truth. Usually for political favor, controlling the people, very often because of religion.
It is not good, but sadly how it is.
History is written by the Victor.

Reactions: Fish
I think history is very important because it tells us how we've got to the position we're in. It lets us know how things were before we had all the things we have today that we take for granted. I think we need to respect & remember people like Rhazes, Avicenna, Harvey & Jenner for all they've done for us as well as other important names in scientific history. I wouldn't say it's necessary but it's fascinating to know all this & some people need remembering & respecting for all the important things they did for us. Without some of these things some people wouldn't be living & people wouldn't be living lives as well & comfortable as they are now.

Reactions: Aurora and Fish