ISO

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Users, you may now begin to use (ha!) our new style, ISO. Based on the iconic Isomorphic Algorithms (better known as ISOs) from the film Tron, ISO brings a retrofuturistic look to your browsing experience that we hope you'll enjoy.

D

Dundee

Wow, nice. The reply area lines up perfect with the blank space between the top and bottom structures. Very sweet :)

H

HAL

LETA,

I hope you meant the original Tron (Jeff Bridges) ? The new one was not really up to snuff.

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
LETA,

I hope you meant the original Tron (Jeff Bridges) ? The new one was not really up to snuff.
I've only seen the most recent one :-0

olivia wilde tron GIF

Reactions: Area201
H

HAL

You need to see the original. for it's day it was very good. Quite dated, but that is part of it's charm.

I mean, a main character called after a BASIC command. And another after a piece of computer architecture.

Whats not to love ?

D

Dundee

Yeah the original is a classic, right up there with The last star fighter.
Ha ha, My first computer was a Vic20 with 3 kilobytes of memory and a 3 K expansion card!!! wowee super computer.
I watched the Last Starfighter when it came out in 84???. Once I got my Vic 20 I wanted to write a game.
I didn't yet know ASM or how to do graphics so I remapped the entire font to represent the lines and curves I wanted.
I wrote a program that had this great intro, Name in big letters up the top. A 3x3 group of text with the font to look like a starfighter. Stars, Planets, looked cool at the time. It flew in from the left and exploded in the mifddle of the screen. Lol then all my memory was used up and I could not write the game. Great intro though. lol

Here is a bit of the original Tron

H

HAL

Good to see those clips.

I used to think the solar sail vehicle was quite cool. Though I suppose it was more a laser beam rider.

And what's-her-name who found fame in 'Cheers' was rather nice (what do you think, LETA or was this a bi before your time ?).

Best Sci fi film ? got to be Solaris; George Clooney version.

D

Dr Wu

Solaris is a decent film...the book by Lem of course is better.
I think Alien, Blade Runner, and 2001 Space Odyssey are better films....more entertaining at least.

H

HAL

Oh dear. Just re-read post 7 above. I hadn't noticed the typo.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

H

HAL

Wu,

I never liked Alien. Something about it.

But 2001 is right up there. Even 2010 was quite good. Didn't like the last one (2060 ?) it was too implausible. A bit like the last Alien. Same silly idea of bringing the main character back from the dead. It never works.