ISO

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Users, you may now begin to use (ha!) our new style, ISO. Based on the iconic Isomorphic Algorithms (better known as ISOs) from the film Tron, ISO brings a retrofuturistic look to your browsing experience that we hope you'll enjoy.

Wow, nice. The reply area lines up perfect with the blank space between the top and bottom structures. Very sweet :)

LETA,

I hope you meant the original Tron (Jeff Bridges) ? The new one was not really up to snuff.

LETA,

I hope you meant the original Tron (Jeff Bridges) ? The new one was not really up to snuff.
I've only seen the most recent one :-0

olivia wilde tron GIF

Reactions: Area201
You need to see the original. for it's day it was very good. Quite dated, but that is part of it's charm.

I mean, a main character called after a BASIC command. And another after a piece of computer architecture.

Whats not to love ?

Yeah the original is a classic, right up there with The last star fighter.
Ha ha, My first computer was a Vic20 with 3 kilobytes of memory and a 3 K expansion card!!! wowee super computer.
I watched the Last Starfighter when it came out in 84???. Once I got my Vic 20 I wanted to write a game.
I didn't yet know ASM or how to do graphics so I remapped the entire font to represent the lines and curves I wanted.
I wrote a program that had this great intro, Name in big letters up the top. A 3x3 group of text with the font to look like a starfighter. Stars, Planets, looked cool at the time. It flew in from the left and exploded in the mifddle of the screen. Lol then all my memory was used up and I could not write the game. Great intro though. lol

Here is a bit of the original Tron

Good to see those clips.

I used to think the solar sail vehicle was quite cool. Though I suppose it was more a laser beam rider.

And what's-her-name who found fame in 'Cheers' was rather nice (what do you think, LETA or was this a bi before your time ?).

Best Sci fi film ? got to be Solaris; George Clooney version.

Solaris is a decent film...the book by Lem of course is better.
I think Alien, Blade Runner, and 2001 Space Odyssey are better films....more entertaining at least.

Oh dear. Just re-read post 7 above. I hadn't noticed the typo.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Wu,

I never liked Alien. Something about it.

But 2001 is right up there. Even 2010 was quite good. Didn't like the last one (2060 ?) it was too implausible. A bit like the last Alien. Same silly idea of bringing the main character back from the dead. It never works.