Jeff Bezos Will Rocket to Space

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Y3KsxNv.jpg

Image: Commons

The business magnate plans to exit our planet on July 20th of this year in New Shepard, a rocket ship made by his space company, Blue Origin. Bezos is taking along his younger brother on what he calls "the greatest adventure" of his lifetime.

Although the trip to the edge of low-earth orbit is set to last no more than eleven minutes, the maiden flight will serve to boost confidence in the nascent aerospace technology Blue Origin is actively developing. The capsule - which is expected to reach an altitude of roughly sixty miles before beginning its re-entry - will seat another four, yet-to be-named passengers who will accompany Jeff and his brother Mark on the space expedition.

Bezos, a self-made billionaire and founder of Amazon, is trying to position himself as a top contender in the private space race ignited by Elon Musk. Earlier this year, Bezos' Blue Origin lost the opportunity to share in NASA's lucrative contract to return humans to the Moon by 2024 to Musk's SpaceX, a controversial decision that prompted Bezos to launch a formal complaint against the US space agency.

Unfazed by this setback, Bezos continues his quest to launch mankind into space in order to not only fulfill his childhood dreams, but also to propel our species out of a potential demoralizing funk: I'm interested in space because I'm passionate about it. I've been studying it and thinking about it since I was a five year old boy — but that is not why I'm pursuing this work. I'm pursuing this work because I believe if we don't, we will eventually end up with a civilization of stasis, which I find very demoralizing.

Reactions: Area201
Bloody hell, as much as I would like to go into space I am not sure I would jump in with this dude if he was to offer.
Elon Musk yeah I would. But this seems like....get in man....what could go wrong :)

Bloody hell, as much as I would like to go into space I am not sure I would jump in with this dude if he was to offer.
Elon Musk yeah I would. But this seems like....get in man....what could go wrong :)
Him and his brother. There goes the Bezos dynasty lol. I would still go if i were offered a seat, tho. But seriously, they have been testing those rockets since forever.

Him and his brother. There goes the Bezos dynasty lol. I would still go if i were offered a seat, tho. But seriously, they have been testing those rockets since forever.
Lol, yeah I would go too. But my first choice would be Musk :)

Y3KsxNv.jpg

Image: Commons

The business magnate plans to exit our planet on July 20th of this year in New Shepard, a rocket ship made by his space company, Blue Origin. Bezos is taking along his younger brother on what he calls "the greatest adventure" of his lifetime.

Although the trip to the edge of low-earth orbit is set to last no more than eleven minutes, the maiden flight will serve to boost confidence in the nascent aerospace technology Blue Origin is actively developing. The capsule - which is expected to reach an altitude of roughly sixty miles before beginning its re-entry - will seat another four, yet-to be-named passengers who will accompany Jeff and his brother Mark on the space expedition.

Bezos, a self-made billionaire and founder of Amazon, is trying to position himself as a top contender in the private space race ignited by Elon Musk. Earlier this year, Bezos' Blue Origin lost the opportunity to share in NASA's lucrative contract to return humans to the Moon by 2024 to Musk's SpaceX, a controversial decision that prompted Bezos to launch a formal complaint against the US space agency.

Unfazed by this setback, Bezos continues his quest to launch mankind into space in order to not only fulfill his childhood dreams, but also to propel our species out of a potential demoralizing funk: I'm interested in space because I'm passionate about it. I've been studying it and thinking about it since I was a five year old boy — but that is not why I'm pursuing this work. I'm pursuing this work because I believe if we don't, we will eventually end up with a civilization of stasis, which I find very demoralizing.

I think that there is good chance that riches jerk in the world and his brother are very likely going to die, as the launch system he's riding into orbit is a prototype!!! How many sucessful launches has his system done? I wouldn't ride. I would leap at the chance for a Dragon ride, and SpaceX has had a few failures, but he is doing it the right way. Step by step.

Yep, Bezo might be a really smart guy, in marketing, but his choice to ride his prototype...eehhhh. I wish he and his bro well and luck.

Yep i agree. He has rocks in his head. Prototype rockets usually dont do well.

Have to agree that Bezos is being rather foolish riding on that thing. How many Saturn failures were there before it became a success ?

I wish extraterrestrials would take me from this planet. I am ready to leave.

The flying phallus made history by successfully launching Bezos and company to the edge of space and returning them safely. I wanna ride that... rocket 😆

The flying phallus made history by successfully launching Bezos and company to the edge of space and returning them safely. I wanna ride that... rocket 😆
:ROFLMAO:
Donald Duck Lol GIF

You have now destroyed any future ability I have to talk about Bezos without laughing and thinking of a giant penis.

I think that there is good chance that riches jerk in the world and his brother are very likely going to die, as the launch system he's riding into orbit is a prototype!!! How many sucessful launches has his system done? I wouldn't ride. I would leap at the chance for a Dragon ride, and SpaceX has had a few failures, but he is doing it the right way. Step by step.

Yep, Bezo might be a really smart guy, in marketing, but his choice to ride his prototype...eehhhh. I wish he and his bro well and luck.
17 safe test flights or something like that, prior to this another successful flight.

"The flying phallus made history by successfully launching Bezos and company to the edge of space and returning them safely. I wanna ride that... rocket 😆"

Space Cowboy GIF

Last edited by a moderator: