Just a dream? Or a vision of the future? Repressed memory?

G

GalacticDreamer

I've been having a lot of strange dreams. Which in itself is not so unusual... But these dreams have such an effect on me. I still vividly remember two in particular. The first one, I am at "home" (not my actual home, but in my dream I knew I was at my house) and it's placed high atop a grassy hill. In the near distance is the city in a wide valley that stretches in front of me. I hear a strange deep whine sound in the sky and I look up and see a huge ship suddenly come down thru the clouds above the city. Immediately the ship begins firing a weapon at the buildings and roadways, huge explosions can be seen. I am watching in horror from the hilltop and I can hear people screaming in the distance. I feel panicked and desperate because I feel it's only a matter of time before they get to me.... I feel completely defeated as well because their ship is SO HUGE I am fearful of their capabilities. That's when I awaken. .... Upon investigation, I found that many people have had very similar, if not damn near identical, dreams to mine. Could it be a collective memory or vision?
The second dream which resonated with me seemed to be in the future... Because we (Americans? Humans? Earthlings?) we're living ON the ship. Like Star Trek style. It was our home, even tho it felt somehow temporary. I am walking with my young child (in real life, I don't know the kid) and suddenly there is an alarm. I hear a loud boom and can smell smoke. I know, We are under attack! I grab my child and start running the opposite direction towards "my pod"... I come to what seems like a random spot in the wall of the main hallway. There are no particular markings or even a handle but somehow I know there is a door there and I just put my hand on the wall and it fades away and a round crawl space appears. My child and I quickly enter the small tunnel-like entry and the wall rematerializes and we crawl into a room about 8×8ft. Inside is two cot looking beds and little else. I seem to feel somewhat safe from the battle, but I know we have to evacuate. .... And then I wake up.

Has anyone else had a dream like this?

Reactions: LETA
Oh wow! That is one possible vision of our world in the near future. I personally never had such vivid dreams of chaos, but it would be interesting to know if you perceive the attacking ship as extraterrestrial in origin or just a more advanced, terrestrial technology. Welcome to AB, BTW :)

Hey Welcome by the way,
The first one certainly had a predictive feel about it, not sure about the second one though. I have some crazy vivid dreams but nothing like that so far.
How similar were your friends dreams to your first one, and how many had it. Also the others that had it, do you have some special connection to them or just random folks. Very interesting post. :)

Hey Welcome by the way,
The first one certainly had a predictive feel about it, not sure about the second one though. I have some crazy vivid dreams but nothing like that so far.
How similar were your friends dreams to your first one, and how many had it. Also the others that had it, do you have some special connection to them or just random folks. Very interesting post. :)
So, I don't know any of the people personally... But many people online have described their own dreams which were also about watching some sort if attack/invasion.

So, I don't know any of the people personally... But many people online have described their own dreams which were also about watching some sort if attack/invasion.
Ahh OK, cool. My dreams are horrific. Early this week i was possessed by a...something and getting smashed about the inside of a building by some unseen force. Pretty scary. Nightmares for me mostly.

I have often thought that if two people were close enough spiritually they might be able to meet up in a dream. Never been that close to anyone to try though. Dreams scare me. Mine are very occasionally predictive of the future and almost always go between very unpleasant to full on Nightmares. Never nice. That last one I woke up screaming. One of my sons came running into the room, scared the hell out of him lol

I have often thought that if two people were close enough spiritually they might be able to meet up in a dream. Never been that close to anyone to try though. Dreams scare me. Mine are very occasionally predictive of the future and almost always go between very unpleasant to full on Nightmares. Never nice. That last one I woke up screaming. One of my sons came running into the room, scared the hell out of him lol
I get nightmares a lot sometimes too. I wrote 1 down & it made a good horror story. I've had a couple of premonitions too. I have had some nice dreams at times though.

................................................. I have had some nice dreams at times though.
Any dream I don't wake up in a sweat, or wake up screaming is nice for me. I honestly almost never remember having a nice dream.

My last one I was being thrown around a dark room from wall to wall. Getting smashed about by some evil entity. She was laughing at me and i was getting hurled like a rag doll :) Great fun :)

That’s not good dreams should be where you got to unwind the issues of the day not places of torment, so sorry to hear yours are not
I’ve had sci fantasy nightmares but they are usually cinematic even entertaining eerie yes but interesting as well. I’m a wanna be writer so my imagination is always on

Your imagination and dreams will serve you well as a writer. My old flatmate could lucid dream all his dreams. He could control every event in them. He did not realize that it was unusual till he got older. He just thought everyone could do it :)

Sometimes I can control them and sometimes they are clearly my mind trying sort out a problem. I’ve experienced very odd stuff my entire life ufo sightings and impossible memory odd things from my childhood. I hesitate to go into them because they might be off putting to some people. Suffice it to say my heart goes out to any one whose inner life dreams memories etc brings fear and pain. Mine have been a mixed bag. My feeble attempts at writing is how I process and derive understanding and perspective from it. Clearly some people’s experiences are so severe they can’t cope with them and certainly don’t find them entertaining much less enlightening.

Sometimes I can control them and sometimes they are clearly my mind trying sort out a problem. I’ve experienced very odd stuff my entire life ufo sightings and impossible memory odd things from my childhood. I hesitate to go into them because they might be off putting to some people. Suffice it to say my heart goes out to any one whose inner life dreams memories etc brings fear and pain. Mine have been a mixed bag. My feeble attempts at writing is how I process and derive understanding and perspective from it. Clearly some people’s experiences are so severe they can’t cope with them and certainly don’t find them entertaining much less enlightening.
There is no such thing as a feeble attempt at writing mate, that is for snobs :) What you write is how it comes out. Don't be worried about telling your stories here. Half of what I wrote is crap and the other hals full of gramatical errors and typos. If you wan't to post, post away, we will enjoy it for the tale. As for off putting, I doubt it, my sleep is pretty messed up. I doubt you will freak me out :)

Your kindness is much appreciated, thing is my weird dreams are more a product of my conscious ‘experiences’ things I saw as a small childhood and thoughts and assessments I made as a preschooler, for example the first time I saw a nuclear bomb explode on tv of course, way back in the late fifties,yeah I’m an old guy anyway I smirked turned my little face from my mother and thought, ‘they think that’s a bomb’. It struck me as backward quaint and archaic, mind you I was a little kid. It was about 1957

Doesn't matter where the inspiration comes from mate :) I have been known to put pen to paper on occasion and my inspiration comes from everywhere. Memories of the past, lost loves, loss, humor, i write me best poetry pissed and wallowing in self pity loll :)
I don't remember the first time I saw a nuke go off. My family were all military so it is the sort of thing that was never far from thought anyway. But my early memories were just, "Oh Fuck that's not good" I remember even small thinking nothing good can follow that.

Hey thats great you were born in the 50's finally someone older than me here. I am just a baby 57 haha

Good thing I don’t feel my age, still just a kid trapped inside an aging body. Aging but not hurting or sick, thank God, gotta a lot of stuff in my past that doesn’t make sense. Some people have lost time, missing time, my past if speckled with extra time, pasts that sent mine futures that don’t fit in this world. So I write sci fi fantasy stuff just for fun. I do have a book on amazon ‘Banished to Earth’ but it’s a publish America book in dire need of a deep editing, still I loved writing it. Fantasy and sci fi feel familiar comforting, maybe a little too familiar. Maybe I need a good regression session who knows.