Loch Ness Monster a Giant Eel?

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Neil Gemmell, a genetics Professor at New Zealand’s University of Otago, is working on a hypothesis that Nessie could be nothing more than a giant eel, and not a Jurassic-era plesiosaur. After analyzing biological samples from the lake, his team found no evidence of prehistoric reptile dna, but ample signatures of eel genetic material.

Neil Gemmell, a genetics Professor at New Zealand’s University of Otago, is working on a hypothesis that Nessie could be nothing more than a giant eel, and not a Jurassic-era plesiosaur. After analyzing biological samples from the lake, his team found no evidence of prehistoric reptile dna, but ample signatures of eel genetic material.
The Scotts wont want to hear that, bad for the tourists :)

Reactions: LETA
Thats the thing though, in my opinion some stuff like this can be like statistics, you can make any view point valid by how you present the data.

Much like bigfoot and the phenomena at Bigelow Ranch, nessie could be some sort of otherwordly creature popping in and out of our visible reality at will. No way that it is going to lend itself to even cursory examination.

Much like bigfoot and the phenomena at Bigelow Ranch, nessie could be some sort of otherwordly creature popping in and out of our visible reality at will. No way that it is going to lend itself to even cursory examination.
Yeah, you never know what it is. Why I am inclined to believe in them is becasue they predate the white man. The native Americans have them in their culture, and Aboriginal Australians have the Yowie.

Just like nessie, i'm about to make an appearance on the Hub. So many places to be now lol.

This kinda contradicts all recent reported sightings simply because eels do not have necks! The theory maybe more plausible than the plesiosaur theory but it don't prove anything other than eels are in Lochness which we have known all along.

A Loch ness without a monster is like a life without taxes.
Yikes, a life without taxes would be awesome, Al life without Nessie would be awful!!
In the words of Adam Savage, to the people who say Nessie is an eel...

I reject your reality and substitute my own!!! :)

Reactions: Aurora
This kinda contradicts all recent reported sightings simply because eels do not have necks! The theory maybe more plausible than the plesiosaur theory but it don't prove anything other than eels are in Lochness which we have known all along.
I think wut Aurora meant is that a life without taxes doesn't exist, unless you live in Monaco lol.

Reactions: Dundee
Yeah. The professor's argument is weak :-0

When I first originally started reading about Cryptids, the loch ness monster had me intrigued. Like bigfoot, my belief in that is diminished.

Oh, how sad. How come?

It's gotten slightly difficult to believe that these creatures exist Today... At another time possibly yes... But today... It's just very very unlikely.

I still give big foot a much better percentage of existing today, than nessy.

We know these ones exist yet they are difficult to find.
Imagine if there are a small group of creatures such as Nessie, and Bigfoot that by nature don't want to be found.
Compared to them, these known rare animals are positively prolific, yet still hard to find.
I think the best evidence to support the existence of much of these creatures is that the sightings often predate white occupation.