Marfa lights.

At the time of what....?
Here's a link to the phenomena.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_lights
The Marfa lights, also known as the Marfa ghost lights, have been observed near U.S. Route 67 on Mitchell Flat east of Marfa, Texas, in the United States. They have gained some fame as onlookers have attributed them to paranormal phenomena such as ghosts, UFOs, or will-o'-the-wisp. Scientific research suggests that most, if not all, are atmospheric reflections of automobile headlights and campfires.

At the time it was happening.

I understand it was in LETA's part of the world; could be wrong.

The Marfa Lights have allegedly been going on since 1883....at least that wa s the first time they were reported but not in actual media print until 1957.

So by now you would have expected there to be some kind of monitoring system installed. Something to gather more objective data.

So by now you would have expected there to be some kind of monitoring system installed. Something to gather more objective data.
Well..the Wiki page I linked to has some skeptical explanations...being primarily distant car headlight reflections and natural weather phenomena.... who knows? Also the other link goes in to asepcts of it.

There was one very serious flaw in that case. Even the guy who wrote the story of it began to change his position at the end.

Re Hessdalen,
I was with YUFOS at the time they were popular. One of out members, Philip Mantle, went across to Norway to get first hand info.
It was published in YUFOS 'Project Hessdalen' report.

You may be able to Google Phil. He wrote a book, with myself as a co-investigator.

Reactions: Dr Wu