Mischievous Gnomes Caught on Camera

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff

A Texas resident caught intriguing footage of two small unidentified creatures roaming around in his driveway. The home surveillance camera filmed the gnome-like creatures moving about in a strange pattern before leaving the property. The footage, which was posted to Reddit earlier this week, is attracting the attention of thousands of people who are offering their hypotheses as to the possible origin of the loitering entities. Due to their apparent humanoid bipedal nature, many cryptozoologists and other online mystics are suggesting a folkloric connection to a number of mythological beings found in various cultures around the world. Those of a more skeptical nature, however, simply dismiss it as a clever CGI hoax or a clueless misidentification of some local wildlife.

• Haha
Reactions: Area201 and August
Well my grandmothers house is haunted the same things happen night after night without change its always the same thing over and over like its caught in a time loop. Never seen anything rocking or plates flying thru the air. And the little critters in the driveway are elven like but its to hard to make out what they are cgi or otherwise. Rather odd.

Well my grandmothers house is haunted the same things happen night after night without change its always the same thing over and over like its caught in a time loop. Never seen anything rocking or plates flying thru the air. And the little critters in the driveway are elven like but its to hard to make out what they are cgi or otherwise. Rather odd.
The creatures are blurrier than the background, as if they were superimposed or something. It could very well be their ghostly nature, but it could also point to an amateurish special effect. Can't say for sure :/

Reactions: Area201
The creatures are blurrier than the background, as if they were superimposed or something. It could very well be their ghostly nature, but it could also point to an amateurish special effect. Can't say for sure :/
I agree with you they do look superimposed and yes if they are part of the supernatural realm then anything is possible. With technology these days its hard to pick real from unreal. Its all interesting thanks for posting it. 🙂

The first bit with the rocking chair looks more convincing than others I have seen. When it stops it does it quite suddenly, shen a spilt second later rocks forward like there was someone getting off it. My ex had one of those type of chairs and they usually have quite an ongoing motion when pushed. So either the person pulling the string took the time to stop it somehow or there really was something on it. The driveway gnomes. I think less reflective dark objects can easily have less defined edges due to poor contrast, but I agree it wouldnt be too hard to fake that one.

Reactions: August
Those kind of things are all over the tv on Paranormal Caught On Camera.....for me I simply don't trust anything from private videos or you tube or even the ones sent to the tv shows. They could all be faked...and many probably are. Without examining the original footage and a solid interview of the people involved we are left taking a stranger's word.
I've seen many videos of things like the rocking chair moving in homes...plates falling, etc, I always ask why would ghosts or whatever spirit do that..to what purpose?
The 'gnomes' are most likely CGI. Again why would they bother to walk back and forth in a driveway in Texas? Really? Did they emigrate to the US from Europe? ;)

Cats aside for the moment...the problem with videos like that is we have no way of knowing it wasn't faked ,,we have only the word of the person who submitted it.

Here's 2 cats seeing a ghost while their owners are away.

Aussie TV is pretty brain dead for me so I spend any TV time browsing youtube, looking at spooky videos often as not.
Chills, Slapped Ham, and so on. 95% are pretty lame and either very likely faked or misidentified. But many of the animal ones like that are pretty hard to fake. I have seen some where the cats are staring in terror at empty space.

Your house is haunted August, have your animals ever doen anything like that?

The most credible "paranormal" cases exhibiting supernatural occurrences I've heard about involved people possessed by demons (or whatever spirit). There are many witnesses to these events, usually involving priests and the like (NOT the Ghostbusters tv show types!). Some of these cases have inspired horror movies to be made about the phenomenon.

Aussie TV is pretty brain dead for me so I spend any TV time browsing youtube, looking at spooky videos often as not.
Chills, Slapped Ham, and so on. 95% are pretty lame and either very likely faked or misidentified. But many of the animal ones like that are pretty hard to fake. I have seen some where the cats are staring in terror at empty space.

Your house is haunted August, have your animals ever doen anything like that?
My cats both stare up the main hallway at something , they have been doing that for a long time, they can see something but I cannot.

That would so creep me out. If ever I go to Tassie if I drop in for a cuppu.... leave it at the front gate, thats close enough for me. lol

That would so creep me out. If ever I go to Tassie if I drop in for a cuppu.... leave it at the front gate, thats close enough for me. lol
I come right up the cats and ask them what they are looking at and they look at me and then back to whatever it is that they can see. There is obviously something there but I have never seen it. I know I had a very old cupboard in my bedroom for some reason one of 'them' decided to go live in it so I soon got rid of that.

I come right up the cats and ask them what they are looking at and they look at me and then back to whatever it is that they can see. There is obviously something there but I have never seen it. I know I had a very old cupboard in my bedroom for some reason one of 'them' decided to go live in it so I soon got rid of that.
The Ghost went to live in the cupboard!!!
How can you be so calm.
Have you tried setting up a camera when the cat are looking? Most of these youtube clips seem to catch the spooks on video when no one is looking.

The Ghost went to live in the cupboard!!!
How can you be so calm.
Have you tried setting up a camera when the cat are looking? Most of these youtube clips seem to catch the spooks on video when no one is looking.
Yep that's what it did . I have an EVP meter here which can locate where they are and it went from inside the wall into the cupboard I monitored it going up and down inside the cupboard . It decided to stay in there which didn't suit me so I gave the cupboard to a friend of mine and she has it now in her bedroom she hasn't mentioned anything about so I gather its gone back into my wall again. . They wouldn't see anything on a video really just the cats looking . They don't freak out they just sit there watching curious like. Its not like something wandering around as they sit in the same spot for ages just looking. Doesn't happen all the time just now and then. I know my EVP wasn't picking up an electrical current in the walls as there are no electrical cables in there and neither in the cupboard.

Well, I find that all very amazing. I would have to shift out, I would have no choice. Give me something physical to fight, Slender man :) Rake, Zombie, hell even big foot and I can deal with it. Ghosts scare the begeebers out of me.
It is mighty weird it wants to hang out in a wall, I wonder why.

Well, I find that all very amazing. I would have to shift out, I would have no choice. Give me something physical to fight, Slender man :) Rake, Zombie, hell even big foot and I can deal with it. Ghosts scare the begeebers out of me.
It is mighty weird it wants to hang out in a wall, I wonder why.
Yes how do you defend yourself from invisible forces ? Even guns and knives won't help. I just try to live with them and don't do anything to provoke or escalate the problem. It does reach out to you sometimes like when something sits next to you on the bed or touches your feet at night . I had my hand played with one night so I slapped my hand and that never happened again. That's where they say they like to stay ( in the walls ) I mean where else are they going to hang out ? A wall cavity sounds good. That's where the ghost of Ward 5 used to live at the mental hospital near here. When they shut the place they gutted that building and pulled all the walls out and the haunting stopped. Another scary thing was a guy who used to do ghost hunting there said he recorded the ghosts moving between the buildings so that means they just don't stay put in one place. I mean there would be nothing worse than to visit a place like that and have one of the resident ghosts get in your car and follow you home to your place.

You should work out a way to keep your location and so on private then send your story to one of the ghost researchers. They might come out and do a story?
Your calmness is incredible, ghosts sitting on the bed, touching your hands and feet, bloody hell I would die of fright.

You should work out a way to keep your location and so on private then send your story to one of the ghost researchers. They might come out and do a story?
Your calmness is incredible, ghosts sitting on the bed, touching your hands and feet, bloody hell I would die of fright.
I guess if something happened that was either really frightening or dangerous as in they tried to hurt me somehow that wouldn't be good. I would tell them I was going to burn the house down with them in it. I mean what they do is their business but its my house not theirs or maybe it used to be theirs but not no more. I know they are aware of me if I make a clicking noise sometimes at night time they will actually reply to it. I never take it any further as I don't want to get in with them to much. Its mainly at night time and seems to get louder just before the sun comes up. I know a lot of people would say its the temperature making the house noisy but it isn't as some nights there is no noise at all. I wonder what they do during the day , sleep maybe, do the dead sleep (?) I guess they get tired. They say for a ghost / spirit to make such noises they have to take hours to build up the energy to do it. A worn out spook can't make any noises .