Missing 411 and David Paulides

D

Dr Wu

David-Paulides-001-Part-7-01252019.jpg

Image: KLAS-TV
Video of Mr Paulides explaining his take on the reasons people go missing in these weird ways - which has led to his 411 Missing series of videos and books. He has been doing this for years as many here probably know. I recently watched this video and while it's interesting to watch (and I suppose anything is possible...), I can't say I buy into his more supernatural claims. He has a website on you tube dedicated to this 411 project:

Most people and other investigators say that accidents and disappearances happen all the time and there are many prosaic reasons for this and we don't need to look for aliens, bigfoot, or portals to explain them. But even though I tend to be skeptical on many things, I think many of these cases of vanished and dead people are just downright weird.

I've been following his work for quite some time now. He used to be a frequent guest on C2C AM. The whole subject is disturbing but I wonder if there is indeed a supernatural component to it. There's a region in Alaska where ppl go missing all the time and it has authorities baffled. It was the subject of one of Brad Meltzer's Decoded episodes:

I didn't post that big pic of him...how did that get in my post??
And is there a time limit on editing...?

I didn't post that big pic of him...how did that get in my post??
And is there a time limit on editing...?
Due to the quality and relevance of your thread, it was promoted to an article, which is usually adorned with an image. This a great honour since the X-Portal receives a huge amount of organic traffic. The editing time limit for posts is seven minutes ;-)

Ok..thanks for the info....
I find the 411 Missing tales very interesting ....I hope more people get involved in talking about it.
Some cases are truly strange even if one assumes they have a routine answer.

I enjoyed the Decoded video...I did watch that when it aired on tv in the past. Like all of these things without any actual data showing something concrete (evidence), it's comes down to just speculation.
But if there are magnetic anomalies and 'portals' ,I suppose that could explain some of the 411 cases too.

No thoughts from the gang here on what Paulides is selling and what happens to all these missing people?
Is it all just accidents,etc..or something else?

People do vanish. But there needs to be some undeniable facts surrounding the case to make it extraordinary.

I'll have to look at this issue of Paulides. Didn't know about him.

No question about it that there's a mystery behind all these disappeareances. I recall him saying that the Gov. wanted to charge him upwards of $50K to provide him with a list of all the reported ppl that go missing on national parks. As if it were trying to discourage him from gathering more data for his research.

IMO, I think these vanishings are the product of natural causes such as getting lost in the wilderness and what have you, and also of foul play and even supernatural causes such as alien abductions. For a time, it was rumoured that Area 51 was the place where all the missing milk carton kids ended up. Annie Jacobsen did explore this alleged rumour in her book about Area 51.

$50K...that's a lot of money...somehow that sounds a bit ridiculous. To me that sounds like an exaggeration (or lie) by Paulides.
I would think a few thousand would cover their time in compiling a list. Or they could simply say no and tell him to screw off.
The more I read about him the more he seems like an opportunist who is making money off this whole area.

I also suspect that the majority of cases are accidents, getting lost, wild animals, or even spree or serial killers. I have a big problem with thinking there are paranormal reasons in these cases. But...there are some cases that do have very odd facts and aspects about them.

Yes, the figure does seem a bit hyperbolic, but I recall it was due to the fact that they wanted to charge him an inordinate amount per each copied page of thousands of missing person reports. It does add up quickly if you think about it, tho is it possible my memory of the C2C interview is failing me.👵

I would think that each and every missing person from the state park areas and related sites (as well as other cases) gets investigated to the best of the ability, time, and money allowed by the authorities involved. I would think the families would insist on this.
So I'm not sure what Paulides gripe is with them and the situation. Does he expect them to do something else? What? I don't see him coming up with any new ways to solve these case. The only thing he has done is to make a living from this. And that's fine....there's no law against investigating something and writing books and giving lectures.
What bothers me is the way he talks about the situation as if the authorities are doing a bad job or hiding something...which is ironic since he was let go in the past for 'wrong doing' when he was a police officer.

Slightly off topic, I watched that Missing 411 documentary on Hulu (or maybe Netflix). Scared the shit out of me. Especially now that i have children. I can't imagine going camping or hiking, turning my head and bam their gone... I'm never going out in nature again... lol

Navix! You've got children?! I thought you were in your very very very early twenties :-0
lol Actually I'm pushing 30. Couple more years. Although being 21 and hitting the rest button would be nice.

Slightly off topic, I watched that Missing 411 documentary on Hulu (or maybe Netflix). Scared the shit out of me. Especially now that i have children. I can't imagine going camping or hiking, turning my head and bam their gone... I'm never going out in nature again... lol
I have watched at least 6 of his you tube videos covering the last 6 months...I find them entertaining and a bit scary regarding time spent in deep woods, but I still think he tends to over state his case. Certainly some odd disappearances happen but the problem is we don't know all the facts (he likes to mention facts all the time)....many things happen that we could be missing. I find it a bit hard to swallow his idea that 'something supernatural' is happening in all of these cases that he deems weird. To be fair he doesn't quite state that the supernatural is involved ,but he implies this strongly in his videos by the way he presents the cases.
So...are we talking bigfoot, aliens, dimensional portals..or all of these?

..(he likes to mention facts all the time)..
And he very much insists that only the best facts from the most reliable sources (got to be a written police report) are good enough.
I get the impression he is trying to say 'Trust me, folks, I have the magic ring of credibility around me. If I say it, it must be true'. Or something like that.

..(he likes to mention facts all the time)..
And he very much insists that only the best facts from the most reliable sources (got to be a written police report) are good enough.
I get the impression he is trying to say 'Trust me, folks, I have the magic ring of credibility around me. If I say it, it must be true'. Or something like that.
Yes..he acts like if you disagree with him then you are simply an idiot.
He's too opinionated on this but then he is in the field and we are not.
I wish he would speculate and talk about what he thinks might be going on other than normal answers.