Nazca Cat Discovered

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
19peru-cat-1sub-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Image: Johny Islas/Peru's Ministry of Culture-Nasca-Palpa
The Nazca Province of Peru is continuing to reveal its ancient secrets etched in the ground. Recently, a restoration team tasked with maintaining a platform in the iconic region uncovered yet another soil drawing. This time, the unequivocal figure of a feline is seen on the slope of a hillside overlooking the vast valley. The Peruvian Ministry of Culture couldn't contain its elation about the discovery, which was slowly eroding from view after thousands of years of weathering:
The figure was scarcely visible and was about to disappear, because it's situated on quite a steep slope that's prone to the effects of natural erosion.
During a press conference, Ministry of Culture officials revealed that the lines date back to 200 B.C, an astounding fact that speaks volumes about the ancient Nazca people and their taxonomy knowledge:
With this discovery, once again, the rich and varied cultural legacy that the area harbors is revealed.
The Nazca cat will now undergo a restoration process that should preserve it for generations to come, proving once again that cats (at least the ones in Nazca) occasionally have more than nine lives. 🐱

Reactions: LeetaDirenni
I wonder how it went undetected all these years. It is the big ones that amaze me the most.
Some are so big they can only be seen from high above. How did ancient man do that?
But the cat is a nice find.

I wonder how it went undetected all these years. It is the big ones that amaze me the most.
Some are so big they can only be seen from high above. How did ancient man do that?
But the cat is a nice find.
Apparently, Nazca is a big place. They are using drones to discover hidden lines that are not seen from the ground. To date, they've found more than 50 new ones, including the cat :-0

Wow I didn't know that. There's so much we think we know that we don't. I wonder what other stuff is right under our noses waiting to be found