Nazca Geoglyphs - primitive technique of their making.

E

Emil Enchev

Sometimes people like Erich von Daniken they have a rather wild imagination, than rational thinking. Nazca Geoglyphs, Shapes and Lines are made with 3 sticks,1 thin long rope and the ability to count to 100. You don't even have to measure things.

They just made a small model of the planned geoglyph, next use simple technique to translate the key point of it on big scale. For this purpose, they wound a number of times a rope around the central pillar and the one of the stakes on the point of the small geoglyph model. Then they unwound and stretched the rope. The proportions of the small figure were automatically transferred to the large one. To properly maintain the angle, they used a third stake and hand signals, which were well embedded in their culture.

Even more absurd was Erich von Daniken's hypothesis that the characteristic triangles in the Nazca desert are the result of the landing of triangular-shaped spacecraft, whose engines cleared the area beneath them of stones and thus shaped these shapes. :giggle:

These are nothing more than former crops fields. This society preferred the triangular layout because it was highly hierarchical and in it there were different strata of society - differently rich and poor people, almost as now. When you divide a triangle into equal parts along its sides you get different sized areas. In short, it is a way of dividing the land among the members of society without much math. Moreover, it was also a way to distribute labor fairly without having to exercise control over workers, as it would be if these crop fields had a purely rectangular shape. In the narrowest sectors of triangular field, the weaker individuals work (old people, children) - where the area to be treated is smaller and, therefore, time to spend in this unfavorable dry climate too.

Regarding the narrow and long Nazca lines, they are the most common roads.

Hey Emil, welcome! The Nazca ppl were savages, man. They had an unhealthy obsession with human skulls. 💀

Reactions: Horsa
Hey Emil,
You know ome of the lines are 30 miles long and some images 1200fet long. Some are so big they can only be seen from a plane. That would be hard to achieve now without modern tools.

You seem confident you have solved an old mystery. Where I'd you get your solution from?

This solution can be easily tested. This is the simplest solution you can have. The only math you need is to count. Geoglyphs are reproduce and before with simple tools, but with more math.

Where I'd you get your solution from?

Its mine.

Maintaining a straight line is not a problem in this flat area. You can maintain such straight lines, even over hills, and transfer patterns of drawings in a large scale on them, with exactly the same technique. As I said, if there are enthusiasts, they can test this. The other curve you need is the circle. The technique for it is even simpler, with two sticks and a rope. Most of the curved curves are made even by hand, without tools. When you have control points you can easily connect them manually with curve different from the straight line.

They try to give this simple achievement a high technological value while the truth is that it's just hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Emil,
I agree that the ancient peoples living there made the Nazca lines and glyphs with a little basic intelligence but they are quite large and can only truly be appreciated from above;..so were they creating them for their gods to worship them or did they simply like to make big art drawings which they could never really appreciate from the ground?? What was their intention?

This solution can be easily tested. This is the simplest solution you can have. The only math you need is to count. Geoglyphs are reproduce and before with simple tools, but with more math.

Its mine.

Maintaining a straight line is not a problem in this flat area. You can maintain such straight lines, even over hills, and transfer patterns of drawings in a large scale on them, with exactly the same technique. As I said, if there are enthusiasts, they can test this. The other curve you need is the circle. The technique for it is even simpler, with two sticks and a rope. Most of the curved curves are made even by hand, without tools. When you have control points you can easily connect them manually with curve different from the straight line.

They try to give this simple achievement a high technological value while the truth is that it's just hard work.
I agree with regarding the straight lines. If you have ever done any farm fencing you know how easy it is and how surprisingly accurate you can do it over any terrain that has a line of sight. But straight lines.
But its pretty complex doing large scale images as accurate as they did.
What was the motivation?

..if these crop fields..

What crop fields ?

Surely the Nazca Lines are on a rocky plateau.

Reactions: Dundee
so were they creating them for their gods to worship them or did they simply like to make big art drawings which they could never really appreciate from the ground?? What was their intention?

People have an innate idea of a god as a large creature that usually watches us from above, analogy between ourselves and ants. When an ant wants to greet you visually, it will have to scale its drawing to some extent so that you can see it clearly.

But its pretty complex doing large scale images as accurate as they did.

Its not. As I said, if you have access to a wider and flat place try this method and you will see. You will not have any problem with accuracy, as long as you adhere to the rule of winding the rope the same number each time.

Surely the Nazca Lines are on a rocky plateau.

These stones were brought by recurrent floods. When you clean the surface layer of these small stones, there is a very good and fertile clay soil below. The area is very dry. This is the only problem. But if you have a water source available around, you can easily water this crop by hand. And the best part is that you can grow the crop all year round, because the climate is almost without variation.

Month High / Low(°C)

January 33° / 19°

February 33° / 20°

March 34° / 20°

April 32° / 18°

May 30° / 15°

June 27° / 12°

July 26° / 11°

August 28° / 11°

September 29° / 12°

October 31° / 14°

November 32° / 15°

December 32° / 17°

Use Google Map and Street view to see what terrain is in reality. If it wasn't so dry, you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from the most fertile areas in the world. But as I said, these people had water sources, and they were ready to irrigate these crops by hand. In general, it was an human made oasis.

-14.736984309870712, -75.07047630183132

Why give a grid reference to fourteen decimal places ?

-14.736984309870712, -75.07047630183132 This is position of Pan-American Highway. It goes right through Nazca lines. Use Street View on Google map to look around how area look like. I give this coordinates to fourteen decimal places because they are copy-paste from Google map in that format.

Emil,

I see a truck at 14:25'13 S 75:31'54 W

What are your coordinates for that truck ?

(My Google Earth is an experimental version, still using Degrees, Minutes, Seconds.)

You may find

44:36'41 N (44.0713888)
93:38'10 E (93.6335777)

interesting. Start at around 1.8 Km altitude.

I'm not sure what the original point of the thread is. No one has ever argued (in any serious manner) that the ancient people of the area didn't make the Nazca lines. The only controversial aspect is that Von Daniken (and his crowd) claimed that they did it for 'aliens' who the locals back then took to be gods that visited them from above; therefore they made these huge markings so the 'alien' gods could see them from the sky.
Of course there isn't any evidence to support this ,but it has become one of the ancient alien memes that has been circulated for the last 50 years. Just ask Giorgio Tsoukalas...the guy with the hair. ;)

Reactions: Horsa
The idear off scale reproducing is interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reducing_Machine
Thinktank_Birmingham_-_object_1960S01284%281%29_-_Janvier_reducing_lathe.jpg

in the Netherlands a simple woodenshoe is copied by such a machine. you can make small "klompen" or big ones.
How to enlage this to several miles? i do not know, but the balloon theory is interresting, but with out the fire.
Sorry about THIS: a fresh corpse from a pig, lama, or human, will enlarge by gas pressure.
if you take out the darm and clean it out itsupto 6 meters long and thin and wet. i would not put a knot in it but i have a frigde and use a computer.
so, what if taking out guts is part of a ritual, or just practical. we , the modern people, use darms for sausage and for violin-snares.
If such a (half) cleaned out darm is laying in the sun it will start to rot and produce gasses at the inside. Could a 40-50 kilo person hang on it? for 10 minutes? 100 minutes? i do not know. i just know its a balloon without any fire needed, except for the sun.
then there is a high pint. and the rope suggestion, as a "reproduction machine" type , it might work