Nazi Gold Train

Cool find, I have seen a fair bit of stuff over the years that said a lot of Nazis went to Argentine. I reckon it was rumored Hitler went there too.
And they mention Gold in the story. Too bad they are not allowed to search the wreckage. There's compelling evidence that Hitler went to Agentina first and then moved to a rural town in Brazil, where he married a local and had kids.

And they mention Gold in the story. Too bad they are not allowed to search the wreckage. There's compelling evidence that Hitler went to Agentina first and then moved to a rural town in Brazil, where he married a local and had kids.
Yeah wouldn't it create a lot of Red Faces should that be proven by DNA or something. Hitlers remains I think were hidden by the Ruskies after the war. Why?? I always thought the only reason was that it was not him. You would have imagined they would have had his head on a pike after all he did.

As for the war grave, on the one hand I understand, if it was one of my Dads brothers or my dad I woul probably not want his remains disturbed. But then archeologists are always digging someones bones up somewhere. So I am not sure what I think.

But I agree, it would be great to go look and see if there was gold or a way to see if there were any high ranking people there

Firstly I said nothing about admiral Byrd? That was another conversation. Tell me what the logistical Nightmare is.
You get the gold, put it on a U Boat and sneak it away. I am not aware of any major or even minor battles fought down there.
The Japanese briefly made it to Darwin harbor. that was it.
I see no logistical problem at all.
There is a lot of stuff "never been found" but that does not mean someone did not go collect it at some point.
I am not saying they did take a booty of gold there. But it makes a lot more sense than Poland.
Know it alls..LoL..

.... explain why you think it is a logistical nightmare. ...
I think he might have been referring to the weight ; the old original gold ingots were from 10-30 lbs each. Just 100 of the heavy ones would be 3,000lbs....a lot of weight for an old U Boat with crew ,etc. Multiple trips or multiple subs would be needed,...but it could be done.
My question is why Antarctica...it's inhospitable and far away from travel routes.There are far better places in the world to take and hide gold. South America being one since the Nazis had a connection there. I agree that leaving it in Europe would be a bad risk since at that end the Germans knew they were losing, but before that they might have taken it out of Germany to another location nearby. I suspect that there might still be lost hidden loot in Europe but with all the treasure hunters over the years it is a wonder it hasn't all been found. There might be some in South America also...who knows..?

Wut if you show up in South America with a cargo of stolen Gold in your sub and the corrupt government there just takes it and turns you in to the world tribunal for war crimes? :unsure:

A lot of these gold stories are probably true - but parties (a party) found it and didn't want anyone to know they did. Imagine finding such a stash.

Reactions: LETA
I think he might have been referring to the weight ; the old original gold ingo :ROFLMAO: ts were from 10-30 lbs each. Just 100 of the heavy ones would be 3,000lbs....a lot of weight for an old U Boat with crew ,etc. Multiple trips or multiple subs would be needed,...but it could be done.
My question is why Antarctica...it's inhospitable and far away from travel routes.There are far better places in the world to take and hide gold. South America being one since the Nazis had a connection there. I agree that leaving it in Europe would be a bad risk since at that end the Germans knew they were losing, but before that they might have taken it out of Germany to another location nearby. I suspect that there might still be lost hidden loot in Europe but with all the treasure hunters over the years it is a wonder it hasn't all been found. There might be some in South America also...who knows..?
No real reason to be Antartica really other than following the conspiracy. Lots of stuff out there about secret stuff now and in the past. I am with Leta on this one, its a pretty intriguing place.

I live in Victoria near(ish) to the coast. So I am about as close as you can get in this part of the world other than @August who is a Taswegian.

If I stand on my roof I can nearly see the ICE

• Haha
Reactions: LETA
Trains full of Gold sound a bit far-fetched, and the Antarctica hypothesis is tenuous - but we can have fun with it.

Out of interest I just did a quick google, the most common ww2 U Boat model Blaa, 550 ish were commissioned and they could carry 14 torpedoes + mines and stuff. Google search two says 1 ww2 german torpedo was about 300 kg
So without stripping out any gear that's 4200kg of gold per sub if they leave there bang tubes at home.