Nazi Gold Train

Interesting take LETA. What references do you have that back that claim I would like to see them..Thanks.

Yes..they took it all to Antarctica because there were so many shops and places there to spend it all.
South America maybe...some might have ended up there to support all those German plantations post WW2.
;)

Reactions: Area201
Interesting take LETA. What references do you have that back that claim I would like to see them..Thanks.
Saw it in a documentary about operation highjump. It's rumored that the real mission of Admiral Byrd was to recover all the plundered gold from the Germans. Apparently, they used caves in Antarctica to hide it. Some of it found its way to Argentina to fund the Nazi scientists' projects under Peron.

Is there any proof that the gold ended up in Antartica? Anyone found it there? Who told Byrd the gold was there? Did he find it? South America is an interesting take but in order to get that much gold there would have been an overwhelming logistical night mare and I don't think the Nazi's had that kind of time...I know there have been several treasure hunting expeditions looking for it but no one has found it....And according to apocryphal thinking the gold train ended up in what is known today as Poland. Thus far thats where the evidence leads but the other places mentioned would be worth checking out.

Is there any proof that the gold ended up in Antartica? Anyone found it there? Who told Byrd the gold was there? Did he find it? South America is an interesting take but in order to get that much gold there would have been an overwhelming logistical night mare and I don't think the Nazi's had that kind of time...I know there have been several treasure hunting expeditions looking for it but no one has found it....And according to apocryphal thinking the gold train ended up in what is known today as Poland. Thus far thats where the evidence leads but the other places mentioned would be worth checking out.
It made no sense for them to hide the gold in Poland; a country soon to fall to the allies. It was a convenient rumor to distract the enemy while they loaded the loot into u-boats docked in the pens of La Rochelle and Saint-Nazaire. That's how the ratline was financed and generalisimo Juan Peron bought into giving asylum to escaping nazis, including Hitler :-0

It made no sense for them to hide the gold in Poland; a country soon to fall to the allies. It was a convenient rumor to distract the enemy while they loaded the loot into u-boats docked in the pens of La Rochelle and Saint-Nazaire. That's how the ratline was financed and generalisimo Juan Peron bought into giving asylum to escaping nazis, including Hitler :-0
No evidence of any of that, that I see....Poland story makes more sense especially since there was no way the Nazi's had time to get that much gold out of Germany as fast as the Allies were closing in no them...Byrd never reported any Nazi bases in the Antartica and there was no evidence that he was going there for that...No gold ever found there....Poland lead makes more sense but I will follow the other things you mentioned to see where they lead....Over all there has been no Nazi Gold Train ever found.

People have looked into it. It was briefly covered in the series Hunting Hitler and a few other books. Dr. Farrell believes there is definitely something of great value in Antarctica that could be related to nazi gold and possibly even advanced technology. That's why there's a large American presence on the continent.

Their is nothing to say that it was not taken to Antarctica and recovered later. The whole point of stashing gold is to get it later when the coast is clesr. It would have been easy to get it out in U boats. As for timing. Smart people in the German army would have seen the end coming with plenty of time to get it out.
Antarctica is of huge strategic significance. There is not supposed to be a military presence there but I bet there is. I have always worried about that. Australia lays claim to the larger part of Antarctica but should shit hit the fan I doubt we could defend it

Just the facts....ma'am.
Antarctica is a de facto condominium, governed by parties to the Antarctic Treaty System that have consulting status. Twelve countries signed the Antarctic Treaty in 1959, and thirty-eight have signed it since then. The treaty prohibits military activities and mineral mining, prohibits nuclear explosions and nuclear waste disposal, supports scientific research, and protects the continent's ecology. Between 1,000 and 5,000 people from many countries reside at research stations scattered across the continent.

The treaty was initiated in 1959. 14 years after WW2 and any Nazi gold. And if a country can hide a military facility in plain sight in the middle of their country. I don't believe for one second they couldn't or wouldn't do the same in the Antarctic if they chose. We know fo a fact Russian and US subs routinely patrol under the ice. Should ww3 break out I bet you London to a brick we would be ducking nukes from Antarctica

Well, I'm merely parroting info I've heard on various programmes. I always try to keep an open mind and welcome other more plausible explanations regarding the gold loot :)

People have looked into it. It was briefly covered in the series Hunting Hitler and a few other books. Dr. Farrell believes there is definitely something of great value in Antarctica that could be related to nazi gold and possibly even advanced technology. That's why there's a large American presence on the continent.
I saw a great doco a little while ago suggesting another civilization and fossils and structures on the landmass under the ice. The suggestion was it predates our apparent known Origins.

I saw a great doco a little while ago suggesting another civilization and fossils and structures on the landmass under the ice. The suggestion was it predates our apparent known Origins.
Dundee, I'm fascinated by wut is going on in Antarctica. Something is up over there. Do you remember when astronaut Buzz Aldrin went there and became sick when he encountered something he described as "very evil?"

Dundee, I'm fascinated by wut is going on in Antarctica. Something is up over there. Do you remember when astronaut Buzz Aldrin went there and became sick when he encountered something he described as "very evil?"
Yes I do remember that I don't remember the official explanation though. I do remember it was very odd

Their is nothing to say that it was not taken to Antarctica and recovered later. The whole point of stashing gold is to get it later when the coast is clesr. It would have been easy to get it out in U boats. As for timing. Smart people in the German army would have seen the end coming with plenty of time to get it out.
Antarctica is of huge strategic significance. There is not supposed to be a military presence there but I bet there is. I have always worried about that. Australia lays claim to the larger part of Antarctica but should shit hit the fan I doubt we could defend it
Yes there is because it has never been found. Byrd did not find anything though most think he did find something. Is it possible there are nooks and crannies in Antartica we don't know about? Hell yeah there are...U Boat theory don't work either.. Not in this case..Simp;y because the logistical nightmare the Nazis would have encountered getting it out of there.

Now there was another actual gold train that did exist read about it here:

Yes there is because it has never been found. Byrd did not find anything though most think he did find something. Is it possible there are nooks and crannies in Antartica we don't know about? Hell yeah there are...U Boat theory don't work either.. Not in this case..Simp;y because the logistical nightmare the Nazis would have encountered getting it out of there.

Now there was another actual gold train that did exist read about it here:
Firstly I said nothing about admiral Byrd? That was another conversation. Tell me what the logistical Nightmare is.
You get the gold, put it on a U Boat and sneak it away. I am not aware of any major or even minor battles fought down there.
The Japanese briefly made it to Darwin harbor. that was it.
I see no logistical problem at all.
There is a lot of stuff "never been found" but that does not mean someone did not go collect it at some point.
I am not saying they did take a booty of gold there. But it makes a lot more sense than Poland.