Notre Dame

H

Horsa

Have you heard about the Notre Dame fire?

I'm relieved that only 1 person was hurt. I hope the fireman who was seriously injured is going to be o.k.

It's dreadful that all that history has been destroyed though & I hope they manage to restore it.

Reactions: LETA
I have, Horsa. When I first saw the smoke plume on my twitter feed, it immediately reminded me of 9/11. Wut a disaster. They are investigating the cause of the fire . Ppl are already speculating about a possible arson terrorist :(

I thought the same when I saw it, Leta. It is a disaster. On the news when I watched it, it was said that it was thought to be caused by renovation work so thank you very much for the new information. It is possible it was an arson & act of terrorism. :0(

I love history and old buildings, I get the cultural value of it.
But the first thing I thought of was how horrified people were about it, and how quickly people donated $$$$
I thought, I wonder if the poor homeless folk care. Why do we as a people become so horrified about bricks and mortar, yet walk past the down and out without a second thought. What is the total donation now?? $300+ Million already.
How much good could that do elsewhere.

I also love history but to me lives matter most. Hardly anyone is thinking about that poor fireman who was seriously injured. It is devastating what happened & it's good that people donated.

I agree. It's not just the poor, homeless people who could benefit but other charities like cancer, heart & stroke charities & animal charities & also those helping the blind & deaf.