One Million Strong to Storm Area 51

It is going to be mighty interesting to see if anyone really tries it. I think it will be all wind.
A lot of chest pumping and chanting resulting in nothing.
You would have to be crazy to try it. It can't end well if they really did storm it.

Reactions: Aurora
They can forget about a compensation if they get shot for storming an area where the Government has warned them that they will be shot.

Reactions: Dundee
They can forget about a compensation if they get shot for storming an area where the Government has warned them that they will be shot.
Yes all the government has to do is cry "National Security" and they are pretty much covered whatever they do.

I really want to know what's going on with aliens too. My very first post was about approaching this subject through deductive reasoning so that there could be no objection to the fact that if life exists upon earth, it must exist somewhere else upon at least one of the other 100 billion planets in our own galaxy. That is of course unless the Earth is a magical planet and I do not believe in magic that great and us reaching out to Mars means that life does not merely exist. It moves.

Reactions: Dundee
I really want to know what's going on with aliens too. My very first post was about approaching this subject through deductive reasoning so that there could be no objection to the fact that if life exists upon earth, it must exist somewhere else upon at least one of the other 100 billion planets in our own galaxy. That is of course unless the Earth is a magical planet and I do not believe in magic that great and us reaching out to Mars means that life does not merely exist. It moves.
Yeah I agree, I cant see how some folks believe we are alone in the universe. It seems a pretty odd thing to believe considering the number of stars out there.
For example, check this out...

The Hubble deep field image here had the telescope pointing to an apparently blank bit of sky that took up as much space as the size of a Tennis ball at 100 meters.
In this photo there are about 3000 Galaxies.
A smallish Galaxy might have perhaps 150 Billion Stars, a large one maybe 400 Billion stars
So pick the middle at say 250 Billion.
That means there may be as many as 750,000 Billion Stars in the size of that tennis ball space of sky 100 meters away.
How many possible stars out there might have planets with life on them.
I cant see how anyone could think we are alone in the universe.

I think a part of it is an attention span. We can lay these facts down upon a skeptic in this thread right now and they will have to agree with that logic. The moment that they logout and login to a nutty community we have lost them.

I think a part of it is an attention span. We can lay these facts down upon a skeptic in this thread right now and they will have to agree with that logic. The moment that they logout and login to a nutty community we have lost them.
I have noticed the same thing. I have found many people these days have no interest in finding the truth through discussion and debate. When I first stared on forums many decades ago, oh god how I got crucified. I learned so much fro other people posting their opinions. I was wrong so so often. But stuck round and learned from them. Now people just do a runner the second you disagree and go back to their other communities where people will agree with them. We have had a couple of folks here over the years who have posted some outlandish stuff. All is well if you agree with them, but the minute I call them out and say, "hang on, that sounds pretty out there, show us some evidence" Well I am harry the bastard and they indignant, get insulted, and often just do a runner never to be seen again.
But that is the thing, being wrong (me included) is fantastic. Because every time you get shut down, you learn a new fact of concept or idea from someone. You become one fact or concept smarter than you were yesterday.

But so many people today just want to have people agree with them.

If I make a post on any topic. I 100% fully expect to back up what I post. I believe in alien life in the universe. I believe this because on the balance of all the arguments for and against it seems like the most logical outcome.
I will defend that belief, but learn fro the nay sayers.
Running away sooking at the first sign of opposition to your views is a pretty poor show in my opinion.

I wonder if there is also a negative energy like ADHD behind this too. Being told a logical explanation is being given a set of scientific rules and the smarter you are the more you can not escape. All you can do is sit down in silence, cross your legs and think about all the science fiction shows that you watched last night.

I dont really know. I am sure there is some study somewhere that explains it. I guess none of us like to have our beliefs challenged. Just some are able to learn and move on, some not.

Jeremy Corbell interviews Matty Roberts, the mastermind behind storming A51:

He seems to be enjoyoing the limelight. I would be crapping myself. How easy would it be for one of the many government agencies to slap some charge on him and put him in prison.

He seems to be enjoyoing the limelight. I would be crapping myself. How easy would it be for one of the many government agencies to slap some charge on him and put him in prison.

lol. Me too. If for some reason ppl decide to storm A51 and there are casualties, he could find himself in a world of civil and maybe even criminal trouble for instigating the idea in the first place. Let's hope it doesn't come to that cuz it looks like the gathering they are planning is going to be fun.

lol. Me too. If for some reason ppl decide to storm A51 and there are casualties, he could find himself in a world of civil and maybe even criminal trouble for instigating the idea in the first place. Let's hope it doesn't come to that cuz it looks like the gathering they are planning is going to be fun.
Haha, yep, might be two trips for me, Burning Man and now the annual area 51 UFO festival. What a hoot :)