Pics from OZ

D

Dundee

Just thought I would post some pictures to show you what it is like over here in Australia.
Hope you like my backyard :)

The High country..
They look like a nice couple :)
I wonder where she is from?

walkers_mt-buffalo_hc_r_1461469_1150x863.jpg

Brumbies anyone??

1200px-Brumbies.jpg

Here is a pic of the great Australian "Bite" :) Pun intended. This is the bit down the bottom.

bight-small.jpg

Swimming in Edith Falls, Middle of no where, check with the Ranger to make sure no crocs are there.
Swim away, swimming clothes optional ;)

I took my sons there. We spent all day swimming and floating down the creek.

Edith-Falls-3007.jpg

edith-falls.jpg

Have to stop at a few Aussie Outback pubs...

Outback-Pub-W-DSC3885.jpg

Meet some of the locals.

5-Travel-Resolutions-for-Aussie-Backpackers-in-2016.jpg

Of course some times you have to drive for a bit.

eyre-highway-116.jpg

Some times you get the beach all to yourself.
She looks cute, I wonder where she is from? :devilish:

09nsw2-900x600.jpg

Or just a quiet night by the stars.
Hope there is no Asteroid coming. That would suck.

banner13.jpg

That looks beautiful. You have cockatiels in the wild there, though & they're very noisy birds. I've also heard about your funnel-web spiders that hide down toilets & bite you on the bum & they're venomous.

That looks beautiful. You have cockatiels in the wild there, though & they're very noisy birds. I've also heard about your funnel-web spiders that hide down toilets & bite you on the bum & they're venomous.
Haha, yeah there is a few things that can bite you here if your not paying attention. Check out this list.

The link after the picture of Brutus lists the top 10 nastiest here, but say the crocs are only 4.5 m long.
Piffle, one swam past my mates boat in Darwin once when he was fishing. As it went past his boat, he noticed it was longer than the boat. His boat was 7M long. Meet Brutus :) Does he look 4.5m long lol, I think not.
Hypothetically if it was legal to hunt crocs, some hunter might hypothetically have shot one and measured it at a smidge over 7.5m Thats over 24.5 feet. Hypothetically of course (No Not Me :))

article-0-204BB04500000578-673_470x562.jpg

And the list understates a lot of it, if you get bitten by a Brown Snake your in deep doggy doo doo. More than just pain and paralysis. Your probably gonna die if you don't get the the quack real quick ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, yeah there is a few things that can bite you here if your not paying attention. Check out this list.

The link after the picture of Brutus lists the top 10 nastiest here, but say the crocs are only 4.5 m long.
Piffle, one swam past my mates boat in Darwin once when he was fishing. As it went past his boat, he noticed it was longer than the boat. His boat was 7M long. Meet Brutus :) Does he look 4.5m long lol, I think not.
Hypothetically if it was legal to hunt crocs, some hunter might hypothetically have shot one and measured it at a smidge over 7.5m Thats over 24.5 feet. Hypothetically of course (No Not Me :))

article-0-204BB04500000578-673_470x562.jpg

And the list understates a lot of it, if you get bitten by a Brown Snake your in deep doggy doo doo. More than just pain and paralysis. Your probably gonna die if you don't get the the quack real quick ;)
I heard about your venomous snakes too. I remember watching crocodile man on T.V. or was it alligator man. It was something like that anyway. I was shocked when he was killed by a ray as I thought if anything a crocodile or alligator would have killed him. It was so sad though.

I heard about your venomous snakes too. I remember watching crocodile man on T.V. or was it alligator man. It was something like that anyway. I was shocked when he was killed by a ray as I thought if anything a crocodile or alligator would have killed him. It was so sad though.
Yeah his name was Steve Irwin. very sad day that was.