Possible UFO over Vancouver Island

N

Nacdnelru

Hey guys, new to the board figured I'd share this video I captured a few weeks back as my first post:

Bit of background on the video:

This was take on the 4th of March at around 3 am just off the coast of Vancouver Island. My initial thought was maybe they were flares but there was no sign of any other aircraft or noise accompanying the sighting (The sound you hear in the background is from the highway just parallel to my apartment)

In the past few weeks I have seen some strange things here but this was the only time I managed to catch something on camera.

Anyway thanks for having me folks! Looking forward to browsing/contributing to this community.

Welcome aboard Nac.
Nice to see a UFO post by the person who filmed it. Certainly behaves like a classic UFO. I don't reckon its a flare. Is it definitely In the air? I mean there is no hills with roads off in the distance we can't see in the dark. Nice post. Did it make the local news?

Hey Dundee,
There are mountains on the mainland to the east (Left of the video) but nowhere near where the lights appear in the video. The lights appear to be directly above the Strait of Georgia which is the stretch of the Pacific between the Island and the mainland.

I've attached a photograph of the same view during daylight hours so you can see there are no hills or anything in the background where the light is located.

Also weirdly enough... Last night about an hour after I made this initial post I went outside again and it was back!

This is not a common occurrence believe me. I am a night owl and usually go out on my balcony for a smoke regularly (Disgusting habit, I know...) and I have only ever seen this twice now and I have been in this location for over a year.

There was one other very strange experience I have had here but it's difficult to explain without sounding like a crackpot so I will abstain on sharing that one for now ^^;

EDIT: For some more clarification its definitely not a star either as the sky was very overcast and the light seems to be in front of the cloud cover. I also confirmed there were no visible stars/planets in that area of the sky on both occasions using the Stellarium and Google Sky apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey welcome. Yep, that's a UFO.

After hours of consideration, much consultation with the appropriate authorities, LETA finally releases her considered conclusion.

;)

But a couple of points. The poster didn't mention there were two lights. The second one appearing just before the first one disappears.

The lights stay in much the same positions relative to the street lamp seen in the foreground just below the object(s) The apparent distance between the (second) object and the street lamp stays almost the same for the length of the video. It doesn't move about.

Many years ago, when waiting at Harare Airport for an incoming plane, The attention of people on the airport's viewing deck was drawn to a very bright light in the distance. It stayed (apparently) at thee same position for around 15 minutes. Before finally swinging around and revealing itself as the landing lights of the 747 we were waiting for.
The point of that is the apparent position in the sky didn't change. This would be because the plane was gradually descending as it approached the airport.

I wonder if the video was of something similar.

If you listen to the audio I am pretty sure Nac does mention the second one as it appears. Also he has mentioned it was over the ocean and provided a confirming image. Nac also checked Stellarium and confirmed no stellar bodies matched time and position. I would say there was more due diligence done here than most by a long way.
As for being a plane... Maybe. But I spend a lot of time outside and in my opinion planes are usually pretty easy to identify. So while I can't say for sure it is ET. I think it a pretty decent UFO post.

After hours of consideration, much consultation with the appropriate authorities, LETA finally releases her considered conclusion.

;)

But a couple of points. The poster didn't mention there were two lights. The second one appearing just before the first one disappears.

The lights stay in much the same positions relative to the street lamp seen in the foreground just below the object(s) The apparent distance between the (second) object and the street lamp stays almost the same for the length of the video. It doesn't move about.

Many years ago, when waiting at Harare Airport for an incoming plane, The attention of people on the airport's viewing deck was drawn to a very bright light in the distance. It stayed (apparently) at thee same position for around 15 minutes. Before finally swinging around and revealing itself as the landing lights of the 747 we were waiting for.
The point of that is the apparent position in the sky didn't change. This would be because the plane was gradually descending as it approached the airport.

I wonder if the video was of something similar.

Hey Hal,
In my opinion I don't believe they were planes. We are nowhere near any flight paths where I live. I'm also well aware of that effect as I lived very close to Heathrow Airport in the UK for 20 years so I have seen that happen many times as planes were coming in to land.

Reactions: Dundee
The video has no prosaic explanation. It's a UFO. Period.

Will you lot stop using big words that I have to look up.
Hell I am from Australia.
Some of Doc and Hals posts need a Babel Fish

When you guys speak sometimes this is what I hear...

• Haha
Reactions: LETA
Will you lot stop using big words that I have to look up.
Hell I am from Australia.
Some of Doc and Hals posts need a Babel Fish

When you guys speak sometimes this is what I hear...

As the host, it is my obligation to give the appearance of having a modicum of tertiary education. 🤣

As the host, it is my obligation to give the appearance of having a modicum of tertiary education. 🤣

Well you certainly exceed that. I see you as a Topal kind of girl.
Smart like a Vulcan and..... ;)

If your male and you know it clap your hands,

TPol-Star-Trek-TNG-Blalock.jpg