Project Beta: A tale of UFO Madness

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
T3fT0rQ.jpg

Image: Creative Commons (CC)/Amazon/Mirage Men
Numerous individuals unacquainted with the intricacies of the UFO enigma often assume that all discussions of endeavors by intelligence agencies to discredit and silence certain prominent figures in the field of Ufology, are the product of unfounded suspicions and possibly an unhealthy dose of paranoia. Indeed, even within our community there are people who dismiss such stories as nothing but conspiracy gibberish. But in 2005, many critics were silenced when details of a secret USAF program named Project Beta surfaced in the book: Project Beta: The Story of Paul Bennewitz, National Security, and the Creation of a Modern UFO Myth.

Project Beta, launched by the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) in the late '70s, was an infiltration and misinformation operation that targeted Paul Bennewitz, a scientist who owned a very lucrative company under contract with the USAF to supply electronic equipment. In a fascinating yet harrowing account, Mr. Bennewitz, who after eavesdropping into the Air Force and NSA communications at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico, became convinced that UFOs piloted by extraterrestrials entities were visiting the military base, made the detrimental decision to alert the USAF of his findings - something that would eventually cost him dearly.

Soon after raising the alien alarm, Mr. Bennewitz was put under heavy surveillance by both the USAF and the NSA, who waged a psychological war on him using fabricated evidence of alien and UFO contact and outright lies in order to divert him from his Kirtland AFB espionage activities, which were exposing secret, though not alien-related programs being conducted at the base.

I am always amazed when they do tv reports about UFOs / Aliens the commentators always play X Files music and have a giggle while reading the UFO report. That is a debunker in itself. I haven't heard of Project Beta before thanks for posting this .

I am always amazed when they do tv reports about UFOs / Aliens the commentators always play X Files music and have a giggle while reading the UFO report. That is a debunker in itself. I haven't heard of Project Beta before thanks for posting this .
August, watch Mirage Men if you haven't already to learn about the project.

They only had previews of that show on You Tube but I did find the book for sale. I found you can buy it on dvd as well so thats good.
s-l500.jpg

What's that ?
A proxy so you can bypass the ip block in your country. You can use a free one online.

Reactions: August
Richard Doty was a guest on Jimmy Church tonight and discussed his role in project beta and his career as an AFOSI agent. He also recounted a fascinating story about a mantis alien escaping Area 51 and much more. Listen to the show below.

Will watch it later, looks interesting been binge watching Fringe, while playing minecraft, half way through Season 4.
If i go crazy(er) I want to be like walter :)

Will watch it later, looks interesting been binge watching Fringe, while playing minecraft, half way through Season 4.
If i go crazy(er) I want to be like walter :)
The story about the alien from area 51 was shocking :-0