Science & Reality

The issue I have is that the gentleman is clearly not a scientist, so he's misunderstanding wut the experiments are all about. Whenever possible, i try to get my science from actual scientists who have done the hard miles in academia. Conversely, if I want to explore theology, I don't seek out scientists. Laymen trying to interpret science experiments to suit their personal worldview is always a recipe for confusion, imo.
I understand your problem. My point was that he was supposed to be talking science then he comes up with something about religion & makes it as though it's a matter of truth when it's a matter of faith. If I want to explore religion I look at both religious documents & scientific documents & work out what religious statements could be true & which are definitely a question of faith sometimes I look at the history of these things as it makes it quicker & easier to do this. I agree with your last sentence. I do like to see normal people's view of science & their interpretations but I like them to keep it neutral & stick to the facts.

Reactions: LETA
As I understand it, this difference in spin is sometimes used to allow for alternate universes.

It's all very murky, down among the quarks.

The point he is trying to get across I think is the implies connectedness of it all.
I will check out his links when feeling a little better, but if putting DNA in the presence of a human electric field effects it like he say. Positively with positive emotions, negatively ith negative emotion. He is drawing conclusions about things like self healing. He talks about the interconnectedness of all things from a scientific perspective, but as Doc said this has many implications with eastern philoshies like Buddhism. He talks about a lot that is in my opinion mirrored in theories like the holographic universe. The double slit experiment is very much a physical representation of some crazy tuff vert relevant to his ideas.
Is what he says conclusive? Not even close. Is it correct scientifically? I dunno, seems OK in places, ask Doc 😁. But it sure is food for thought

I get the point he is trying to make but for me to take what people have to say seriously they have to be perfectly correct in everything or else I see that people have made mistakes in 1 area therefore they could be wrong in other areas so I question what they have to say. I know everyone makes mistakes. I give friends & family more of a chance but think more carefully about what other people say & what I believe.

The problem is that if you tie it all together then you have to accept ghosts and ghoolies as well.

It has been shown that powerful magnetic fields can effect the brain functions, which are electro chemical in nature.

But it does all stem from little squiggles.

If we just keep on looking deeper then we pass from the material to the sub-microscopic to the sub atomic and end up with the fields. And it has been suggested the electron may not be a fundamental particle.

As for the holographic principle. I think it founders on the thought that if our reality is a hologram then where is the projector ?

HAL.

Reactions: Horsa
Yeah fair enough. But it's early days on this one and it is far from fleshed out. It's bound to have mistakes and unanswered questions. Like dock I too have studied a lot of eastern stuff over the decades, and I see so many flashes of this in what he says. Also so many corresponding ideas in some lesser known science ideas.

The point he is trying to get across I think is the implies connectedness of it all.
I will check out his links when feeling a little better, but if putting DNA in the presence of a human electric field effects it like he say. Positively with positive emotions, negatively ith negative emotion. He is drawing conclusions about things like self healing. He talks about the interconnectedness of all things from a scientific perspective, but as Doc said this has many implications with eastern philoshies like Buddhism. He talks about a lot that is in my opinion mirrored in theories like the holographic universe. The double slit experiment is very much a physical representation of some crazy tuff vert relevant to his ideas.
Is what he says conclusive? Not even close. Is it correct scientifically? I dunno, seems OK in places, ask Doc 😁. But it sure is food for thought
I've seen videos of this kind of phenomenon with water, too. You pray over you water and it somehow changes its molecular composition.

Dundee,
Got to agree.
And it leaves open the possibility that there may be either A) some kind of Matrix. Or B) some kind of overriding existence that controls everything, and to where we actually originate.
That allows for my theory (one of many) that we are all terminals on some huge LAN system.

The problem is that if you tie it all together then you have to accept ghosts and ghoolies as well.

It has been shown that powerful magnetic fields can effect the brain functions, which are electro chemical in nature.

But it does all stem from little squiggles.

If we just keep on looking deeper then we pass from the material to the sub-microscopic to the sub atomic and end up with the fields. And it has been suggested the electron may not be a fundamental particle.

As for the holographic principle. I think it founders on the thought that if our reality is a hologram then where is the projector ?

HAL.
Lol hear lieth the problem. I do believe in ghosties and ghouloies haha but more in an Eastern kind of way. As for the holographic universe... The implications of that are far reaching anc have the potential to tie many things together, including some phychic stuff.

To see the world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Infinity in the palm of your hand.
And Eternity in an hour.
And William Blake was not even a scientist 🤔

I've seen videos of this kind of phenomenon with water, too. You pray over you water and it somehow changes its molecular composition.
I'm going to check out his links but if there correct that's some bloody hoopy test results. 🤔

May I suggest 'The Black Hole War' by Leonard Susskind if you wish to look deeper into this.
Or Lisa Randall's 'Knocking on Heaven's Door'.

Some time back I watched one of those Ancient Astronauts type docs. It was about the 'Baghdad Battery'.
And the guy who was demonstrating a replica had a digital VOM measuring the voltage across it.
He proudly announced that, as could be seen, the cell was generating a potential difference (voltage) of 3.5 Volt. That immediately rang alarm bells. A single cell of any kind tends to generate 1.5 Volt or less.
But if you looked very closely at his voltmeter, you could see it was on the Milli Volt range.
So it was pushing out around 0.035 Volt.
You can get this by just sticking a couple of metal plates in a jar of water and measuring between the plates. It drops to near zero if you try to apply any load to it.

Maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about, or maybe it was an attempt to defraud.

To see the world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Infinity in the palm of your hand.
And Eternity in an hour.

Man, these pills are good. Can you get them over the counter ?

Apologies to Keats