Science & Reality

I have not completely corrupted them. They still way prefer baby shark. šŸ˜
I know. You don't seem that type of person. You seem the type of person to introduce them to as much music as possible without over-loading them & giving them the right information at the right time & letting them choose for themselves.

Lol you are way too kind haha
Lol. No, I'm not. I know you'd want to give your grandchildren the right amount of information to allow them to make their own decisions as you want them to grow up thinking for themselves rather than being told what to like. Haha!

Reactions: Dundee
For those interested...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory
Water memory defies conventional scientific understanding of physical chemistry knowledge and is generally not accepted by the scientific community. In 1988, Jacques Benveniste published a study supporting a water memory effect amid controversy in Nature,[1] accompanied by an editorial by Nature's editor John Maddox[2] urging readers to "suspend judgement" until the results can be replicated. In the years following publication, multiple supervised experiments were run by Benveniste's team, the United States Department of Defense,[3] BBC's Horizon programme,[4] and other researchers, but no team has ever reproduced Benveniste's results in controlled conditions.
And then there is always the Cold Fusion experiments, Pons and Fleischmann.

Er...folks .....I posted the info on water memory already in that wiki piece I posted (did no one read it?),,,it was tested by several other groups and they could not repeat the findings.
btw I even included a blurb from the article.....geesh...... :erwhat?:

Funny thing, water. It tends to look the same. But you had better not drink de-ionisd water.

Er...folks .....I posted the info on water memory already in that wiki piece I posted (did no one read it?),,,it was tested by several other groups and they could not repeat the findings.
btw I even included a blurb from the article.....geesh...... :erwhat?:
I did but I don't believe everything I read on Wikipedia because their articles are written by the general public. Some of them know what they're talking about. Some don't. I prefer to read my information from more reliable resources. I didn't take into consideration your article when responding to Leta because I was commenting on what I thought of the video. Jeez!

I did but I don't believe everything I read on Wikipedia because their articles are written by the general public. Some of them know what they're talking about. Some don't. I prefer to read my information from more reliable resources. I didn't take into consideration your article when responding to Leta because I was commenting on what I thought of the video. Jeez!
I'm quoting my own post & adding a footnote as I ran out of editing time:

Footnote:

I actually got round to reading the article & found it interesting. I meant to respond to it but didn't have time.

No problem....just being a cantankerous old man.
The Wiki piece cited severall studies that can be looked up for further reference. It seems that the water memory thin g has not been verified in any meaningful way.

No problem....just being a cantankerous old man.
The Wiki piece cited severall studies that can be looked up for further reference. It seems that the water memory thin g has not been verified in any meaningful way.
O.K. You came across as a bit peeved off & patronising in your post mentioning us not reading your post so I responded in a similar way.

I know. I read the piece & noticed. If I was less critical of Wikipedia I would have felt inclined to believe it as it confirms what I thought before. While you seemed to have the attitude I didn't want to admit that because it would have given the impression that I have a confirmation bias (well, most people have that to a certain extent). I'll look back & see what I think of the sources of information from the references it cites. Thank you very much.

O.K. You came across as a bit peeved off & patronising in your post mentioning us not reading your post so I responded in a similar way.

I know. I read the piece & noticed. If I was less critical of Wikipedia I would have felt inclined to believe it as it confirms what I thought before. While you seemed to have the attitude I didn't want to admit that because it would have given the impression that I have a confirmation bias (well, most people have that to a certain extent). I'll look back & see what I think of the sources of information from the references it cites. Thank you very much.
At my age I reserve the right to be a curmudgeon....;)
Wiki is ok...no bias there on most things ,,,,as long as one vefrifies the sources it's fine imo.
BTW..I heard about the water memory thing a few years ago...I think it was on a tv program.

At my age I reserve the right to be a curmudgeon....;)
Wiki is ok...no bias there on most things ,,,,as long as one vefrifies the sources it's fine imo.
BTW..I heard about the water memory thing a few years ago...I think it was on a tv program.
O.K. I reserve my right to read your mood & respond to you in a way I think is fitting as long as I'm not too disrespectful. ;0)

That wasn't what I got taught in P.C. class & I got no faults in my internet & e-mail assignment. They taught us it was only O.K. if you couldn't get your information from other sources & that you also had to cross-reference the information from the sources it cites references to.

That sounds interesting. I haven't watched much T.V. for years. I normally watch history, antiques, music programmes & quiz shows as well as programmes like coast though I like the odd comedy. That T.V. programme sounds interesting. (I normally read, type, sew, knit, listen to music, sing, paint or a mixture of those at once.)

O.K. I reserve my right to read your mood & respond to you in a way I think is fitting as long as I'm not too disrespectful. ;0)

That wasn't what I got taught in P.C. class & I got no faults in my internet & e-mail assignment. They taught us it was only O.K. if you couldn't get your information from other sources & that you also had to cross-reference the information from the sources it cites references to & obviously if you know anything about the topic match it against what you already know & think about whether it seems feasible to you or not if possible.

That sounds interesting. I haven't watched much T.V. for years. I normally watch history, antiques, music programmes & quiz shows as well as programmes like coast though I like the odd comedy. That T.V. programme sounds interesting. (I normally read, type, sew, knit, listen to music, sing, paint or a mixture of those at once.)
I edited the post above as I realised I'd missed something out after my editing time ran out.

OK...understood....we have quite a few pseudo science shows over here that run on various cable channels.
They often have new age topics and there are many ghost hunter type shows and ones about bigfoot, cryptids, supernatural things etc.

O.K. Some of them sound interesting. I'm a bigfoot. I often put my big size 8's in things. I've really got foot in mouth syndrome at times. Lol.

...That wasn't what I got taught in P.C. class...

You took a class in Political Correctness ?

...That wasn't what I got taught in P.C. class...

You took a class in Political Correctness ?
Haha!

No, I took a few classes about Personal Computers when I wanted to work in a library. (I worked in a library for quite a while before working in heritage preservation.) Political Correctness class indeed. R.O.F.L.

I was informed, back in the day, that not only were my programs not user-friendly, they were positively aggressive.
But my machine at the time was short on memory. So I skipped the niceties; like please.

• Haha
Reactions: Dundee