Search For Aliens and SETI

D

Dr Wu

An interesting article about alternative ideas on SETI involving Dr Vallee and others.
https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/09/...lligence-be-a-search-for-alien-consciousness/
"While the title of the paper – “Towards Multi-Disciplinary SETI Research” (PDF) – might sound like a generic call for astronomers to work with academics in other fields, in actuality the authors are suggesting that SETI consider ideas from fields including parapsychology, consciousness research, anomalies and ufology."

An interesting article about alternative ideas on SETI involving Dr Vallee and others.
https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/09/...lligence-be-a-search-for-alien-consciousness/
"While the title of the paper – “Towards Multi-Disciplinary SETI Research” (PDF) – might sound like a generic call for astronomers to work with academics in other fields, in actuality the authors are suggesting that SETI consider ideas from fields including parapsychology, consciousness research, anomalies and ufology."
It makes sense to me. Our history as humans is filled with the notion that we know what we are doing then finding out we didn't. Opening such a study may prove a waste of time. It might get results. Who knows. But if nothing else it might provide some ideas for both sides that may not have been considered. I have found that sometimes you learn as much from failure as you do from success. What harm can it do.

..What harm can it do...

Maybe not much.

On the other hand it can give credence to a whole range of charlatens .

Until there is a way to actually prove some of the crazier ideas instead of just taking them at face value (rather like religion) then they are best left to fringe.

I suspect that there are plenty of people who know what they are doing actually looking at the stranger aspects. And they probably wear the same kind of cloths we do and go to work on the bus, not sit in flowing robes and perch on the mountain tops claiming they got there by teleportation.

..What harm can it do...

Maybe not much.

On the other hand it can give credence to a whole range of charlatens .

Until there is a way to actually prove some of the crazier ideas instead of just taking them at face value (rather like religion) then they are best left to fringe.

I suspect that there are plenty of people who know what they are doing actually looking at the stranger aspects. And they probably wear the same kind of cloths we do and go to work on the bus, not sit in flowing robes and perch on the mountain tops claiming they got there by teleportation.
Lol your a jaded old bugger aren't you lol 🤣🤣

I'll have to watch it all later. But first impressions , well, actualy second impressions, the first, going by his eyes and his twitchy movements is that he is on something stronger than vitamin D, is that he is anti science.

I'll check it out in a while.

Uh..is this for real...?
:LOL:

Damn right it's for real. I'd say this is one of the most, if not the most real UFO channels on YouTube or anywhere.

That's your comment? If you have anything of value pertaining to anything he discussed here, then by all means let's hear it. But I'm a bit surprised at such a low level reply by you, would expect more.

I guess it's better watching if one is engaging in the live chat and it's a real life conversation, anyone can join. There's some very interesting points he makes in this video around the subject. Examples:

Some of the evidence produced in labs for quantum physics is only from indirect observation and we accept as part of reality. How's that any different than many of the UFO observations made, minus the hands on inspection of Aliens and ETVs?

How do we know that tornadoes exist if we don't have one, they just pop in, cause damage, and pop out - we are left with the circumstancial evidence of a tornado in the area or video and eye witness footage, but no tornado.

SETI looking at radio signals - even if it came from an ET advanced civilization then it only reaches us millions of years later, they are no longer there or moved. Useless.. never-mind the fact that going by our own example, radio tech has only been in use some 100 years, a tiny blip, so another civilization only going through same phase of development likely would only have this a very short time as well, making it highly unlikely they even used it or can reach another inhabited Star System.

The guy may be smoking a lot of cannabis, and has taken a variety of drugs, but he takes this subject more seriously than anyone I've come across and can back up many of his claims with own UFO hunting footage (to some degree). He doesn't even make any money off the channel as it's a passion project and it's opposite of YouTube family friendly profit algorithm.

@LETA it looks like our friend Dr Wu has entered retirement in the subject and not as sharp as before.

Damn right it's for real. I'd say this is one of the most, if not the most real UFO channels on YouTube or anywhere.

That's your comment? If you have anything of value pertaining to anything he discussed here, then by all means let's hear it. But I'm a bit surprised at such a low level reply by you, would expect more.

I guess it's better watching if one is engaging in the live chat and it's a real life conversation, anyone can join. There's some very interesting points he makes in this video around the subject. Examples:

Some of the evidence produced in labs for quantum physics is only from indirect observation and we accept as part of reality. How's that any different than many of the UFO observations made, minus the hands on inspection of Aliens and ETVs?

How do we know that tornadoes exist if we don't have one, they just pop in, cause damage, and pop out - we are left with the circumstancial evidence of a tornado in the area or video and eye witness footage, but no tornado.

SETI looking at radio signals - even if it came from an ET advanced civilization then it only reaches us millions of years later, they are no longer there or moved. Useless.. never-mind the fact that going by our own example, radio tech has only been in use some 100 years, a tiny blip, so another civilization only going through same phase of development likely would only have this a very short time as well, making it highly unlikely they even used it or can reach another inhabited Star System.

The guy may be smoking a lot of cannabis, and has taken a variety of drugs, but he takes this subject more seriously than anyone I've come across and can back up many of his claims with own UFO hunting footage (to some degree). He doesn't even make any money off the channel as it's a passion project and it's opposite of YouTube family friendly profit algorithm.

@LETA it looks like our friend Dr Wu has entered retirement in the subject and not as sharp as before.
Where is a poke the bear emojo when you need one. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Area201
..and can back up many of his claims with own UFO hunting footage (to some degree)..

Yeah, what about that.

Many people spend many hours hanging around places where ufo are reportedly seen. But come away with nothing.
Yet others come back with pictures of objects. How does that work.

Let me tell you a short story. It's true.

A long time ago I used to investigate ufo reports in my area.

One case was from a woman who claimed to have watched this object rise from the valley in front of her house and then drift off over the horizon.

The thing is, I live on the opposite side of the valley from her; I can see her house. And on that day, at that time, I was sitting outside facing her side of the valley enjoying an iced tea.

And there was no ufo. I would have seen it. Probably so would some of the many people who were driving along the road at the other side of her house.

But she was quite adamant it happened.

Reactions: Area201

First of all it was a 2 hour video.... I watched approx 30 minutes, and the man's demeanor and language was poor to say the least. If he has facts to present he's not doing himself any favors by presenting it in such a slipshod manner.
If you wish to summarize his valid points (assuming he has any) I would be glad to address them with you.
:smile:

Don't fool yourself. The doc can take both you and I to school in these subjects :)
Thanks for the compliment....but while I have a great deal of 'knowlegde' about the UFO Enigma...from reading, various forums, and a few ufo seminars where I was fortunate to meet several 'names' in the ufology world, ......... I can't say I'm an expert in Quantum physics , tornadoes, or SETi signals. ;)

Managed to watch the first 46 minutes of the video. Then gave up. Three quarters of an hour of 'fucking' this and 'fucking' that took me way past my tolerance of crude knuckle drager expletives.

He screwed up right in the first sentence. Arecibo won't be down for a couple of months, it's finished.

He laments that Arecibo could not be used to track that strange object that passed by (can't remember the name), but no doubt it was tracked by other radio telescopes, as well as some optical ones.

He is correct on one point, that if any signal that we think may be of intelligent origin is picked up, the senders may be long gone.
It would be unfortunate if we sent a long term mission to some star system that was the source of a signal only, half way there , to meet the blast wave of the star when it had turned nova years earlier.

But he misses a point. He asks what would be the use of picking up such a signal ?

Well, it would indicate that we have not been the only ones around.

Which is one of the reasons we are exploring Mars.

All this talk of quantum communications is hyperbole.
So he (and some scientists) claim there is this instant quantum coupling with a particle, maybe on the other side of the Universe.

Have you any idea how many particles there are in the Universe ? No, no one has a clue. And if you did know, how would you pick out the one that is coupled with the one you are interested.

It's all fairy dust.

How would they know ? We don't ever know if the Universe has another side. We don't know how big it is. And every time astronomers claim to have found the most distant star system,, the following more powerful telescope finds others.

It's all theory.

I recommend everyone read 'The trouble with physics' by Lee Smoling.

As Dr Wu suggests, I also will be interested in discussing any particular point in the video. But a start point will have to be provided.

HAL